Dave Q
Years ago

Can we do something for this young bloke's family?

Chace Harrison passed away as a result of that awful jumping castle accident in Devonport. Lokks like he was a promising u12 rep player in the area.

https://websites.mygameday.app/team_info.cgi?pID=207596756

Can we as a forum do something for his family? I don't know what that looks like - I am more than happy to hear suggestions.

Topic #49568 | Report this topic

-  
Years ago

I'm so glad you put something up on this - I feel all of the Australian basketball community needs to get behind all persons affected by this.

Raise funds to gift to Basketball Tasmania to fund a Scholarship in his name ?
A plaque at the local stadium or another area or item of remembrance.

It's all still very recent for me to think too clearly.

Support what the families need / approve of.

Reply #880044 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yep, respect for this post - this has really whacked the Tasmanian community including the basketball community.

There is a go fund me page:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hillcrestprimary

Like the idea of a scholarship from BTAS.

I am in the South of Tas and my young bloke knows of Chase.

Reply #880046 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Picking out one kid to be concerned with just because he happened to be good at basketball seems pretty crass, TBH.

Reply #880050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Picking out one kid to be concerned with just because he happened to be good at basketball seems pretty crass, TBH."
Making such a crass comment like that is even worse.
It's a well intentioned thought and it you don't like the notion keep it to yourself. It highlights your stupidity.

Reply #880051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic idea, just don't involve Basketball Tasmanian. Please do it through his local club Devonport Warriors.

Reply #880052 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Agree anon #52 should be through Devonport Warriors

Reply #880060 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

I'll reach out to the Warriors and see what is appropriate.

Reply #880064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz for years I've been watching you be the most unliked member of this forum and I've never understood why.
I've always thought your posts were great.

Now though, I get it. Your comment is way off the mark. Take a good hard look at yourself.

People, please get behind this young fella and his family.

Reply #880079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"koberulz for years I've been watching you be the most unliked member of this forum and I've never understood why."

Spot on. An inane post clearly highlighting his total insensitivity to someone just trying to help.

Reply #880088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz should change his name Kobe himself wouldn't want anything to do with someone like you. Pretty sad life you must live to make the comments you make especially this one. The moderator needs to boot him off the site.

Reply #880089 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There are six dead kids y'all don't give a fuck about, and I'm the asshole?

Ah, the internet. Fun times.

Reply #880090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great work Dave Q
His father has mixed up with the Warriors for many years as a player and coach.

Reply #880091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't help one family because 5 other families might be left out.
Don't help all 6 families either because there are other kids who lived but still have serious injuries and hospital bills.
Don't help them either because there are other families in Australia also going through hard times. Plus other families overseas.
If you can't help literally every person who needs help then don't anything for anyone you thoughtless crass a-hole!

Reply #880092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz, yes in this case you are.
Your comments are disgusting.
Give it a rest.

Reply #880098 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

KR...I don't think it's the people here not giving a $%&# about the other kids.

The people above are doing a good thing.

Generally people do choose a cause to donate to which excludes others, people have limited time and resources.

While I understand your point, where does it stop? Kids are dying daily in and outside of Australia, how is a person of common means to address all these tragic events?

Reply #880101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps we call in chip in for electroshock therapy to stop koberulz being such a sourpuss. Thinking he has a lemon permanently stuck up his arse.

Reply #880114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"There are six dead kids y'all don't give a fuck about, and I'm the asshole?"
That's arsehole, arsehat. Yes you are the IGGEST one here. In your own words. FUCK OFF.

Reply #880128 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

I agree, saw a photo of this young man. Shocking news I send my condolences to all the families who were effected by this tragic event.

I'm heading to the JackJumpers v United on 1 Jan. Surely the JackJumpers will do something?

Reply #880130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go check the go fund page. That involves every family affected. We are just talking about a little extra for a basketball family.

Reply #880133 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The people above are doing a good thing.
Are they, though? I could well imagine a family having gone through this having absolutely no desire for strangers on the internet to insert themselves into their lives. This isn't a situation like the bushfires where people have lost things with monetary value and financial help is meaningful.

Unless you know them, or they ask, keep out of it. Digging up a ten-year-old kid's basketball stats is creepy.

Reply #880152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are the creepy one here. Keep your opinion to yourself. Posting it on a basketball forum is weird when everyone else knows you are so wrong. FUCK OFF.

Reply #880153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz, every time you post on this topic you just make yourself look worse.

I know you like to be controversial but this time your comments are in extremely poor taste.

Reply #880155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wow, it all started with such a positive intent/sentiment too.

Reply #880452 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754