Anonymous
Years ago

Kings Vs JJ's 22/12/21

It's the 2nd game on here where no one cares about starting a game topic for the poor Jack Jumpers. Poor form all round. Kings should beat the JJ's Easily? Who knows after the Kings recent poor/ good form. Bookies have the Kings @ 1.36 the JJ's $2.65.
The JJ's have 6 home games looming. That will be their test to see if they are competitive. Kings 3 times in the next month!
United, Breakers and the Wildcats as well. Season on the line right there for the JJ's and Scott Roth. Kings by 12.

Topic #49580 | Report this topic

RobT  
Years ago

Not a matter of, "It's the 2nd game on here where no one cares about starting a game topic for the poor Jack Jumpers."

Just that Jack is such a hard act to follow, are you game to take it on (and cop comparisons and criticisms). In fact, the only reason we miss the previews is that they were on the money and entertaining. Both were Jack, not the preview.

Here's a thought. What if a devoted fan of each team wrote on their own team for each game. Yes, that would mean 2 previews per game and each coming from an opposite angle. Could be fun (in a diff way)!

Reply #880353 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Like it, RobT

Reply #880354 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

This game should be Sydney's to lose. The Kings will walk into this one walking tall, expecting to win, just 'cos they turned up.

Obviously, the JJs will have different ideas but IMO, their grit is by far their best asset. Their skill levels, chemistry and form (of a few of the roster members) are all lacking but will come during the season.

With Sydney getting Vasiljevic and Adams back, the odds are heavily with the Coat Hangers. Truth is the Kings could afford to rest them an extra game and still win this one.

Sydney by convincing margin, either side of 20 pts.

Reply #880357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would like to see the Russian next star kid get a chance. I mean even the 36ers let that bum Kai Sotto hit the court, and look what happened to them lol.

Reply #880358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there was a devoted fan they would have already posted ;) Scout should do it. He's a local. (As am I) So where are the Kings fans?

Reply #880363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Russian is unlikely to ever hit the court. He wasn't even on the road Vs Cats.

Reply #880364 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yeah bring the King fans on, need their insight.

Reply #880365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings by 50 on a side that defensively is bad. Kings scorers licking there lips.

Reply #880366 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

A good bit of fishing by anon, actually it was not that good!

Reply #880367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Russian apparently has attitude problems. Not sure why the club even brought him in. They could of actually signed a next star that could contribute a bit.

Reply #880368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How the hell is Maker a "next star"

Reply #880371 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

These commercials are weird.

Reply #880372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta say I've been impressed by Bayles this season, not unusual for the youngsters to really struggle in this league, he's done a good job.

Reply #880373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd looks very tiny.

Reply #880374 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

1st half showed that I should NOT make predicts. Settled!

Reply #880376 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Why does everyone on Jackjumpers have a goofy running style?

Reply #880377 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Nick Kyrgios sighting.

Jumpers are doing a good job of making us care about this game due to the Kings losing.

Reply #880379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matur Maker should be getting minutes in front of Vodanovic

Reply #880381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bayles is impressive. Playing better then all the other next stars.

Reply #880382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Buford gets a T. But Vickerman never gets a T.

Reply #880383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McIntosh isn't impressive.

Reply #880384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaun Bruce is one of the best local PG's in the league.

Reply #880385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruce is better than overrated Mccarron

Reply #880386 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Magnay still recovering from injury?

Reply #880387 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Terrible free throw shooting and massive shooting dry spell during the 4th cost the JJs opportunity for victory.

Reply #880392 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

JJ's definitely lost that one. Kings played like dog shit until the last quarter, even then it was mostly the JJ’s that shot poorly that lost it.

Agreed with everyone on Bayles though, he is looking very good so far.

Reply #880393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wtf happened to Magnay. You don't even notice him unlike in Brisbane where he was blocking and dunking everything.

Reply #880394 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

JJs really laid an egg in that last quarter

Reply #880395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJs coach plays bench at start of fourth quarter and doesn't react till to late, let a nine point lead evaporate.
Kings very hard to judge at present.

Reply #880396 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Feel bad for the JJs players. Giving their all. Not their fault that the organisation has put together a non NBL level team. Needed massive allowances to be up to standard first year. Bench players having to play as starters and everything breaks down when no one can hit a shot for 5 minute spells. Changing an import will not cut it. Have to get a high standard (Besson style) next star, top import and 2 high quality Australians (Dante Exum and Thon Maker) to be competitive.

Reply #880397 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Not a single commercial the entire game. Bizarre. Jack and Liam kept talking through the quarter breaks so they were obviously aware, but during half time and post game it's just a wide shot of the arena. No idea what's going on.

Reply #880398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tassie should of tried to sign a draft and stash next star like Jessup.

Reply #880399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the violets crumbled but then the JackJumpers got caught up in the sticky mess on the sidewalk

Reply #880400 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Where did the vJJ's learn how to close out games? The Sydney Kings or New Zealand Breakers?

Reply #880403 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We're you watching on Kayo KR?

Reply #880404 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

ESPN.

Reply #880405 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

JJs still played better than Adelaide have all season.

Reply #880409 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Buford gets a T. But Vickerman never gets a T."

Buford already had a warning, and was arguing a call he was blatantly wrong about: he didn't even know the rule regarding lane violations.

Reply #880411 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Magnay not getting a lot of minutes, though similar to must of their starters in this game. Doesn't seem to be foul trouble hindering him.

Reply #880412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you drunk ME? Check the ladder cobber.

Reply #880413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McDaniel not playing in the last quarter wasn't smart either, he’s there best defender. Poor performance from Roth, the game was there’s to win.

Reply #880414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Roth. For all his "credentials", he ain't up to it.

Reply #880416 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No ads on ESPN was indeed bizarre considering they love their ad breaks. Someone was missing from the control room.

Reply #880421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree that JJ rotations 4th quarter was bad. Shot selection was poor too.

Reply #880427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's got his team, now he can’t get rotations right. Gleeson wins that game last night by 20, even with that crap team.

Reply #880438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Counting on McDaniel to win you a game ain't going to happen. Sadly the well intentioned 1st year squad ain't up to it. Roth will have to cop that one as will Brookhouse. Sooner both are gone tge better.

Reply #880470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who should be in those positions if not Roth and Brookhouse?

Reply #880471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is two ends of the floor, JJs led by 9, McDaniel plays D, doesn't get a run and kings go on a roll. It’s hard to protect leads, yes, but it’s even harder when your best defender is on the bench. Very poor coaching from a coach that promised finals.

Reply #880472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who ever is tge next cosch will be given the most diffivult job in the NBL. Phoenix has Creek as a pivot point to build a side around. Jj's hsve no one. Plus players that are poor performers signed to multi year deals.
The Russian is a bust. McIntosh too. Magette was in the US Olympic squad wasn't he?
Adams has potential but erratic. Krslovic should still be in Cairns. The list goes on.
I expected stud imports in their 1st year. Not mediocrity. Idnt Roth supposed to be NBA level and so well connected.
The COO is a Kestleman appointment. Until LK decides he has to go, he aint going anywhere. Their are more empty sponsor boxes empty than full ones. Their pricing for everything, I repeat everything is dearer than the equivalent anywhere else in Oz. Riduculous. More staff than some teams have. Ridiculous. They get an extra $2mill a season from the Tas Government which is wasted.
Dominic Baker would be the perfect CEO but is now a recent cricket person. Rather than a LK sycophant. The locals are already over it. They will support the team for perhaps 2 seasons and sone success needs to come quickly.
Difficult decisions need to be made soon in headquarters, real soon. 1st year blues that could turn into a shitshow in the next 6? consecutive home games. I spoke to a sponsor today and he called it. 1 -8. Something needs to happen sooner rather than next season.

Reply #880488 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

So every time the JackJumpers lose, we're going to get the same two or three posters saying the same things about how dreadful the players/coach/CEO are? It really is going to be a long season.

OK, so they're not great, but they're nowhere near the worst expansion team ever to be admitted to the NBL. The '03-'04 Pirates went to Cairns twice and scored 122 points. Across two games. In the 48-minute era. They were borderline unwatchable at times.

Tasmania, I would imagine, is a harder place to start up a team than Melbourne. That $2 million/season from the state government will keep them afloat while they find their feet, get more buyers for their corporate boxes, and improve the on-court product. It might take them a while, but that's okay.

Reply #880491 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

An expansion team struggling early shouldn't be news to anyone.

Reply #880493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenyon has not hit a 3 ball in nbl 21/22
Bit hard to blame imports when he is on crt.

Reply #880499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenyon, Weeks, Krislovic, Perry, nbl 1 barely, someone must be taking the two million, these guys hopefully aren't.

Reply #880501 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

kobe, I switched to ESPN a few minutes before the telecast began and there was nothing airing except a message on screen apologising for the break in transmission. I'm guessing ESPN was still having some issues during the game.

Reply #880514 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Also on ESPN2 at the same time (non-live) programming was off by 15 minutes.

Maybe the staff Christmas party was on.

Reply #880515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It might take them a while, but thats ok."

No its not tgey set tye bar high by saying they wanted to make finals and win it all in tgeir 1st season. A rookie mistake from everyone. They want to hold teams to 60+. Well there are the Hunter Pirates right tgere. They want to build a culture. They have already withe the team producing a shit style of basketball on the court and tge fans accepting medioctiry already.
The Tassie people want and deserve better than this. Players already mentioned that have never been at NBL level sums it up and we are now stuck with them. Yes a very long season ahead.

Reply #880522 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

What did you expect them to say? "Sorry guys, we're only going to win five games this year"? If you're in the competition, you're trying to win it, even if you don't have the cattle to realistically be a shot. Otherwise, what's the point in turning up?

I'd like to think most people in Tasmania would have a bit of patience during the JackJumpers' formative years, but no, according to you who knows all and sees all, if they don't go undefeated people are going to run screaming for the exits.

Oh, and for the love of heaven, turn your spell check on.

Reply #880523 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Good posts Dave Marshall; think there are some anons here who applied for roles at the JJ's without success and like having a crack. If they didn't maybe they should have.

The majority of Tasmanians understand the context of a new team. As Roth said it is fair enough to expect wins but foundations need to be in place. Nothing wrong with healthy discussion, a lot of what I read on here on the JJ's is just cheapshots.

Reply #880524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry for the 2 fingered typing on a mobile,
A sensible notion for the JJ's would be to say we will do our best surely. Not set a bar the is almost unachievable for most current teams with far better talent. Pretty simple really. Tasmanians won't accept this. My friends who are basketball savvier than me are all over it now. The novelty will be over after the first season, unfortunately. Success brings success. This side needs to win and do it soon. Often

Reply #880525 | Report this post

4 Real  
Years ago

As someone who lived in Newcastle for the Hunter Pirates, I can tell you, the JJs are in a much better position than that shambles.

Reply #880530 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I find these comments bizarre quite frankly. I mean, look at the line up they're working with. What kind of success did you expect them to have? It is literally the players no one else wanted, plus Will Magnay, and a Jack McVeigh who would be a bench player on any decent team turned into a starter. The fact that they're competitive in most games is actually a credit to them. I expected far worse.

As for all the talk of instant success, what planet are you guys on? It cant have been easy to convince anyone to play in a new expansion team in Tasmania of all places. You're lucky you have a team at all. A lot of people had to pull a lot of weight for you to have the privilege to sit there and complain about your team in their very first ever season, when anyone with reasonable expectations would understand the road would be rocky. They've been given a very difficult job in this league, and at least they're out there slogging their guts out trying to do it. I have infinitely more respect for them than the current 36ers.

Reply #880534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Instant success was promised by the ciach and their irganisation. Not anyone else. The liss to the kings simply confirmes Roths inabilty to ci5ach at a high level.

Reply #880535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's there Mitch Creek ? The rest side is crap, anyone half decent walked away after talking to super coach Roth. If they are going to except this team to be representing them they might have well taken some Tasmanians who are no worse than this bunch. Weeks lol, now there is the future. A lot of feed back I’m getting is they have been shafted, Tasmania in name only.

Reply #880536 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

As for all the talk of instant success, what planet are you guys on?

The anon complainer, with his distinct shit writing style, is one of those 'Stewie for coach' fanatics. He will never be happy as LK's people got NBL gigs over his boys.

Reply #880537 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

Perthworld, it's interesting how all these complaints seem to come back to Roth, isn't it?

Roth promised instant success.
Roth (allegedly) abused a volunteer.
Roth (allegedly) wants out after three games.

Reply #880538 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Of course they're going to talk up their chances lol. Only the biggest Clint Dogg would look at that team and think they should succeed just because they said they would. Maybe they should have tempered expectations...

Inability to coach at a high level? The guy has taken an NBL1 team and made them competitive in the NBL. The team flat out doenst have the horses to do better than theyre doing.

Reply #880539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ Perthworld, I enjoy your posting, in this instance you are so far off the mark, Tasmanians have been dudded, those in the basketball community down here know it. There are some good young players that never got a look in, Duffelmeir ahead of weeks, lmao.

Reply #880546 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

You act like the first season is the only season being played. Tasmanians have been "dudded" because everything didn't go perfectly in their first season, and completely irrelevant platyer Duffelmeir plays for a different team. Come on, that's laughable. If that is your home grown hero maybe you guys dont need a team.

Reply #880547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We were promised a team that had Tasmanian players for us to follow, other than Radford who should coach kindergarten that hasn't happened, only a few players would have been nice, not stars, back end guys, Perry, Weeks, lol. Don’t you find it amazing that half way through season Weeks was getting talked up by all and sundry commentary of how good he’d be after cut by NZ and useless at kings, gets a spot. I’m hoping Tasmania becomes a success but the start has been abominable.

Reply #880549 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

Maybe Dufelmeier got a better offer from Adelaide? It's not always as easy as "oh, we need this player, let's go out and get him". When I was with the Pirates, Adrian Hurley wanted us to sign a certain player from another club. We negotiated with his agent, but were eventually outbid by the team he was already playing for.

In Tasmania's case, you also have the problem that there's not very many current NBL or NBL-level players that come from, or have a strong association with, the state. Again, patience is the key, there will be more Tassie juniors in the pipeline as a result of the JackJumpers being established.

Reply #880554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its nothing to do with Stewart. Roth is supposedly an NBA level coach. Poor side selection and based on this Kings games his crap rotations cost them a real chance at their next win.
A team of nbl1 players and someone thinks its a credit to Roth that they are now Nbl players.
Duff, Purch and Roo are all in the Nbl. Yet Roth sees them week in week out and overlooks them for players that arent nbl quality.
BLIND freddie knows that this side is crap. Yet the fans accept it and make excuses for their inability to win games. I certsinly went to the first game and good luck favoured them at home. They snuck the win.

Reply #880556 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

The personal vendetta against Roth by some anons on here is sad.

As a Tasmanian I understand patience is needed as do most rational Tasmanian's.

Chill

Reply #880558 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

You have to give Roth and the front office a bit of grace.

Its hard building a team from scratch, and its not like they didn't try for players (Kay, Norton).

SOme of the players they do have have proven to be useful in roles (Steindl, Bairstow, McDaniel) but they need the time to get them into the system.

Yes, the squad is not great and needs tweaking.

Going after the coach and front office after a handful of games doesn't serve anything other to make the poster feel better.

Reply #880564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scout you will defend the Jjs to the death. Pretty simple mcdaniel, bairstow and steindl wont win you games. Talented sure. Nothing more. Getting paid way over the odds because the jjs wouldnt spend on the cattle that are winners. Lowballed Kay. Moller. Norton. Winners. Paid over the odds for players of lesser ability. Pretty simple.
There is no oersonal vendetta Scout. Roths coaching Vs Kings lost them the game.

Reply #880568 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Years ago

I knew this was going to come up. How exactly do you know they lowballed Kay, Moller and Norton?

Reply #880570 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Steindl, Bairstow and McDaniel are not and have never been promised as game winners.

They have all been complimentary pieces to higher profile players on their respective teams.

The imports and Magnay are the ones you would expect the highest production from.

Reply #880573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not certain on Norton, I believe there initial offer was not even what Perth offered straight up, Kay was looking for big money, less than Creek got from SEM mind you and again, Roth used I’m an nba coach you should want to play for me. Moller who had a few successful seasons in Tasmania had two other nbl teams offer him more than JJs after Moller’s agent told him what they was needed, in the end went os.

Roth picked yes men and has probably over paid them, not a great way to set up a team. The afl has money so they cover the shit fight and lack of support Gold Coast and GWS have, been and the media says nothing.

Reply #880574 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon - #574 did you apply for a coaching role or another role with JJ's. Curious why you are so bitter towards Roth.

Reply #880575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets not ignore the truth Scout. The sensible people see the reality. The outsiders think mediocrity is ok. Its clear now why Roth has always been 2nd banana at elite level.
"Roth picked yes men and has probably over paid them, not a great way to set up a team" That right there is the truth. Quote of the year.

Reply #880579 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

"Lets not ignore the truth Scout. The sensible people see the reality. The outsiders think mediocrity is ok. Its clear now why Roth has always been 2nd banana at elite level.
"Roth picked yes men and has probably over paid them, not a great way to set up a team" That right there is the truth. Quote of the year."

Quote of the year? Wow way to take yourself a tad seriously mate.

Who are these outsiders - does that make you an 'insider'??

Relax mate I am sure Scott Roth does not give a fat rats a..e about the opinion of a anon on here.

Has Scout asked your missus out?

Surely have something against him.

Reply #880581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are yet another Roth yes man Scout. You simply dont get it. Roth cant select a team and in the Kings game his rotations in the last q cost them the win. That is obvious to all. Boxing Day another test. Then a string of home games.

Reply #880584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scout, good luck with it, I'm one of the annons above, certainly did not apply to coach but was chucking cushions at the tv , certainly in last quarter against the kings, it was coaching stupidity. I’ve been backing a team for Tasmania for years, just really disappointed they way it all has panned out, low balling good players and overpaying guys that are not up to it with out taking anyone from there back yard.

Reply #880589 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So according to D2.0, Perth re-signed Norton during the past NBL season, and he was never a free agent in the first place.

According to Anons on here, he was a free agent and the JackJumpers gave him an insultingly low offer.

According to Norton himself, both are full of shit:

Norton said he approached free agency determined to stay in Perth, but admitted Tasmania did a superb job of trying to change his mind.

"They were fantastic," Norton told thewest.com.au's The Dribble Podcast.

“They were looking at different options with (fiancée) Sascha for work. They had a really good plan and they had time to prepare for that.

“Recruitment wise, any time you have Scott Roth and Jacob Chance, they are pretty good coaches. It’s hard to go away from them.

“The relationship we had built from years before and championships before, it’s always hard to say no to someone because you feel like you are letting one of your best mates down. I was glad they were able to respect my decision.

“It’s a tough decision. Anyone who says they enjoy free agency are lying. It really is a tricky situation.

“You’re thinking about everything involved - from moving costs to what rent would be, to what Sascha would do if we moved interstate. All these things are real possibilities and you can’t think of the answer.

“I was lucky to be in my position where I didn’t want to leave Perth. I love it here and I think that summed up how I made my decision. I love the city. I love the weather and everything we do outside of basketball played a massive part.”

Reply #880592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are yes D.2, I forgot he's never wrong, my apologies. I’ll take my contacts first though if you don’t mind, Roth was telling everyone who would listen that Kay and Norton were on board.

Reply #880593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scout, you gotta stop asking others' missuses out.

Reply #880600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But it is a Big Baller move though.

Reply #880601 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I wasn't saying D2 was right, I was saying you're both wrong.

Reply #880604 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yeah anon #600 - can get you in strife!

Reply #880605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Scout, good luck with it, I'm one of the annons above, certainly did not apply to coach but was chucking cushions at the tv , certainly in last quarter against the kings, it was coaching stupidity. I've been backing a team for Tasmania for years, just really disappointed they way it all has panned out, low balling good players and overpaying guys that are not up to it with out taking anyone from there back yard."
A simple summary. Well done.

Reply #880608 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

I get the frustration anons to a degree.

It needs to be balanced with the fact that it is 5 games into the first season of a new season.

Yep critique the list, rotations and strategy.

Roth has owned it and taken responsibility for the losses. Believe the abuse hurled at Roth is unwarranted.

Yep I was frustrated with the Sydney game, have also been looking forward to a team being here.

guess what there is a team here not need get all agro so early, chill enjoy the season. I'm looking forward to the development of the team and will enjoy the season and future seasons.

Chill anons seriously.

Reply #880609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of these JJs "supporters" are beginning to sound like Adelaide “supporters”. Probably not the best path to take. At least Sydney supporters have that self-defeating shoulder slump figured out. Cairns just happy to be here. It'll be interesting when Perth don’t make the playoffs (in 15 years time) just to see how they react. They’ve never known losing.

Reply #880610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ's are happy to be here too.

Reply #880611 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Ok so we've confirmed players weren't low balled. Scott Roth also has a reasonable international pedigree so must be able to coach. None of the Tasmanian players these anoms want were really any good anyway. Craig Moller - who is overrated anyway - is now playing in Germany and easily making more than Tasmania could have reasonably offered him. Really this all sounds like whinging for the sake of whinging, maybe from an ex-Huskies owner or something, just looking to find problems in a team that started basically yesterday and is still figuring a lot of things out.

Reply #880612 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yep agree ME or someone who applied for the Ops role without success and is on the whinge.

Reply #880613 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yep agree ME or someone who applied for the Ops role without success and is on the whinge.

Reply #880614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was wondering why this thread was still going so thought would have a read.

This thread shows that the swim from tas to Adelaide isn't that far

Reply #880615 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Roth was also on record suggesting he (his offer) made Norton a lot of money.

Reply #880623 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

@ Perthworld, I enjoy your posting, in this instance you are so far off the mark, Tasmanians have been dudded, those in the basketball community down here know it. There are some good young players that never got a look in, Duffelmeir ahead of weeks, lmao.

Look I can see your argument, especially since the NBL seem to have disregarded anyone related to the Chargers.

My gripe with and response was directed to the other anon whose posts got mixed in with yours who let's just say has a long history of holding grudges and being a pest on NBL forums (distinct posting style makes him obvious).

Reply #880625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754