Anonymous
Two years ago

Rampant COVID - Under 18 Queensland State Championships

Reading the topic about COVID at AIC......that sounds like nothing that compared to what I have heard about COVID at Queensland 18 Championships held last week. Reports of 8 team members plus on multiple teams, refs, parents spectators.

Topic #49658 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

What a shock

Reply #882520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

"Basketball Queensland were only alerted to two positive cases during the week with the Moreton Bay Suns boys forced to pull out on the second day before another person, believed to be a referee, testing positive on the final day of the tournament"

https://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/southeast/basketball-qld-u18-state-championships-hit-by-covid-outbreak/news-story/836c6a1bf98dcecaed97b2ad2e2c8b45

Not really rampant is it ???

Reply #882523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

That article is old now. I know personally of at least 30 plus cases and I am not even connected to any of the teams.

Reply #882537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

which teams other than the article were affected? seems like the officials have just tried to pretend it didnt happen.

Reply #882580 | Report this post

Joey  
Two years ago

People had to know if they were playing or attending you increased your chances of catching it. Welcome to the new world. Covid is now rampant in QLD you could go to the shops and catch it. Sick of things being cancelled due to covid.

Reply #882585 | Report this post

Old Coach  
Two years ago

Joey I agree with you. This rotten attitude of some administrators, that because a few miss out everyone has to miss out, must stop.
Its pretty straightforward - if you are crook, stay home, if you are not, then no problem. Administrators need to get used to doing a bit more organising and a bit less social engineering.

Reply #882649 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754