First in-exile game.

Topic #49665 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Jeez... we love a garbage start lately don't we

Reply #882720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Getting a bit frustrating tbh doesn't seem like coscomo is doing anything to change it up

Reply #882722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Cotton struggling, turnovers, missed shots. Hawks look strong.

Reply #882724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I can't think of anything the Cats are doing well this season. Their offence is horrible and has no structure, and seems to rely on the occasional individual brilliance (of Law or Cotton usually) just to score. Their defence is at times non-existent. Their rebounding is nowhere near the level of recent previous seasons. I know it's almost a meme at this point, but I can really see this season being the season that the streak comes to an end. The team has plenty of talent, so I can only look squarely at the coach.

Reply #882725 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Morrison and Buford have both come into the league and assumed that their NBA systems will work, and it's going badly for both of them.

Reply #882726 | Report this post

loungefly81  
Two years ago

I think this wildcats team is allergic to basketball.

Reply #882727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Reath needs to stop thinking he's a 6’11 shooting guard who shoots floaters. Hawks have looked better without him.

Reply #882728 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Good to see some heart with that fightback, but as mentioned above it was very individual. Not sustainable.

I don't get why a team would start sending doubles at Cotton when they already have him contained. It's about the easiest way to guarantee a high-percentage look for some other wildcat after he busts it.

Reply #882730 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

The danger now is if ScoMo fails and the team remain locked out he can use no home games as an excuse.

Reply #882731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Geez you Perth fans are fickle. Up 8 on the road again at a very good team and calling for the coaches head. Winning ugly is still winning.

Reply #882733 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Talk about a hail mary challenge lol

Reply #882735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Harvey so overrated. Doesn't play a lick of defense and inconsistent shooter. And once again Reath has showed why he has zero basketball IQ.

Reply #882736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Reath losing this game for the Hawks. Been terrible

Reply #882737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Who is that midget and why is he guarding Bryce in crunch time ??

Reply #882738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Not sure why that bogan midget is getting playing time when it's not a massive blow out.

Reply #882739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Reath and Harvey are soft.

Reply #882740 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Woooooooooo that was an enjoyable fightback/choke

Reply #882741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

People calling for morrisons head in a 14 point win. Incredible.

Reply #882743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Perth still Perth, just slightly different.

Reply #882744 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Gaze and Homicide couldn't give Perth any credit until the last minute of junk time. They were so filthy.
I look forward to Homicide still not rating Perth during the week.

Reply #882752 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

How did Perth win that so easily in the second half?

I think it was more of a case the Hawks were so rubbish!

Reply #882756 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Two years ago

Nice to shut up Homicide for a bit.

Reply #882757 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

How did Perth win that so easily in the second half?

I think it was more of a case the Hawks were so rubbish!

Exactly - they went 5/27 from three.

Reply #882758 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Nice to shut up Homicide for a bit.

Even Gaze was getting annoyed with Corey and called him out for his multiple "Cotton is the best import ever" statements made throughout the game. Homicide doesn't even know the history of the NBL.

Reply #882759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

time for Homicide to get kicked off the commentator panel. too much rubbish talk and never stops.

Reply #882761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

did the hawks make a mistake of signing harvey for three yrs?

Reply #882762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Loggins played on too long like alot of stars from that era.

Reply #882770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Harry Froling only got 5 minutes playing time after his solid performance in the last game.

Reply #882772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Perth ran a very small line up for good part of the game, harry can't guard Law. Coach Morrison actually showed that he might be fine, did goorg over.

Reply #882783 | Report this post

Senator11  
Two years ago

Great fightback, Frazier underrated and Todd back to where he left off before the injury/surgery. Law's second quarter gave us the spark. Hid midrange game is money when he creates that space.

Rathan-Mayes is a player, I'd be starting him over Harvey, but it won't happen.

Reply #882835 | Report this post

Craig  
Two years ago

How much can the Cats also put it down to the fact the team still hasnt played many games together due to all the injuries? I know the offence is different but perhaps once players are all back and healthy it will start to look better? Have they all played a game together yet?

Weakness in my opinion is at the 5 spot, Hodgson and Majok is a terrible combination.

Reply #883155 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

I think this was the first game the Cats had all 10 of the main rotation players available so yes it has to be a bit of a factor for us.
Pretty sure just about everyone has suffered similar disruptions though.

Hodgson is bit of a concern, yeah. He had 2 games off the bench to ease back in and then started vs Hawks, so hopefully he starts to deliver more pretty soon.
Last game we went with small ball to change the front court matchups. Don't want to have to do that every time we come up against a team with decent bigs.

It has been a slow build for the Cats so far. Law, Cotton & Wagstaff bailing us out early in the season, but since then we're starting to get contributions from others so hopefully Hodgson is next in line for that.

Reply #883157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:01 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754