Mystro
Two years ago

Breakers Vs Hawks

A severely depleted NZ side face the Hawks in Tasmania tonight.

WMW, Dieng, Wetzell and Abercrombie are all injured and Rob Loe is in the Philippines.
At least they still have their import guard trio in Siva, Randle & Besson and Delaney but they'll still be massively outgunned.

NZ will need to play out of their skins to snatch a W in this one.

Topic #49799 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Two years ago

Tipoff delayed half an hour. Wonder what they'll put on TV.

Reply #886238 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

Overtime's time slot has been taken over by rubbish, so they must be putting that on at 6.30 and the game at 7 (real time).

Reply #886239 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Supposed to be 8:30 tip off now.

Reply #886240 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Massacre, Breakers can't win at full strength, let all with half team out.

Hawks by 40.

Reply #886241 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Did the Hawks bring their leaky roof to Tassie?

Reply #886242 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Supposed to be 8:30 tip off now.
According to...?

Reply #886244 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Why the delay?

Reply #886246 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

"Internet services in Tasmania were restored on Tuesday evening after a six-hour outage caused by two of the three cables connecting the island state to the mainland being taken offline."

Reply #886247 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

What's with all the NZ outs? Wetzell, WMW, Dieng, Loe?

If the Hawks don’t win convincingly, something is wrong.

Also good listening to a panel of Corey, Cam and Hooley as opposed to the usual Champion-wearing simps that are as interesting as watching paint dry.

Reply #886248 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Wetzell - back spasms
Dieng - wrist injury
WMW - concussion
Loe - National Team

NZ playing decent D to start and showing plenty of hustle.
Probably won't be able to keep this up with such a thin bench

Reply #886251 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

If I'm Goorjian I want to have a lead by halftime. Sure, the Breakers are weak. But no way I want a close game when the Breakers have several guys that can make plays and get hot because the Hawks have porous defence.

Reply #886253 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Lucky I don't gamble, ::))) maybe a bit less than 40.

Reply #886254 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Thanks Mystro.

On a different tangent, did anyone listen to the Bogut pod that dropped yesterday. Thought it was interesting he mentioned there was unrest in the Gong which centred on a player management signed, despite Goorjian voicing strong objections. Things have been real shitty and apparently owner Colangelo is fuming and may be travelling here to sort it out. Player was signed allegedly due to connection's with GM’s partner (or something similar). Not certain but guessing the player was Rathan-Mayes.

Reply #886259 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

Bogut being the same person who spread Pizzagate and believes Russia invading Ukraine is exactly the same as Canadian truckers having a cry and people being forced to wear masks.

That Bogut. OK.

Reply #886263 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Ben, if that is true and personally I wouldn't ask Bogut for his opinion on the weather it sounds more like a local than an import. Locals are on guaranteed contracts where as XRM if he was a problem could've been cut earlier in the season before his contract became guaranteed.

If I had to guess I would say Harry Froling, no team wanted him and management knew they had to sign him to keep Sam there. Sam was going to be a FA at the end of the season and re-signed to a 3 year deal last week.

Reply #886271 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Yeah Harry a good bet, assuming Bogut's tinfoil hat isn't picking up up cosmic energy and interfering with his brain signals.

Reply #886272 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I should add too when Harry left college he signed a 2 year deal with the 36ers. The first year he won ROTY then with Heal as his agent they both believed he had NBA potential put his name in the draft went undrafted and then wanted the Sixers to release him from the second year of his deal so he could spend that season playing in the G-League.

The Sixers didn't release him so he came back for his second year overweight and out of shape played poorly and there was talk of Joey and his teammates not being happy with his attitude and at the end of the season the Sixers declined to offer him another contract.

He then signed a 2 year deal with the Bullets and they released him after only one year and then the Hawks threw him this late lifeline giving him a one year deal. There was also talk of attitude problems with him at his colleges before coming to the NBL.

Reply #886274 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Fair (and obvious) points. I hadn't considered Harry as his signing appeared so inconsequential at the time.

Reply #886275 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

Doubt Harry would've gone there with an expectation of specific court time?

Reply #886279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:48 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754