GordonG
Two years ago

Pinder & Kuol Re-Sign with Taipans

Title says it all, really. Nice to be able to keep our players instead of having them poached, as usually happens.

Topic #50075 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Agreed. That's good news.

Reply #892261 | Report this post

CT  
Two years ago

We've probably got a bit more cash to play with if Machado's not back.

Reply #892262 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Good signs and signings for snakes.

Reply #892263 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Both of these players were already under contract for next season anyway, seems to be a bit of trend in the NBL to announce picking up options as re-signings. A bit ordinary announcing the same signings twice but anyway.

Both Pinder & Kuol each signed 2 year deals with the Taipans last season.

Reply #892264 | Report this post

An1234  
Two years ago

Both had a mutual option. So it's not unusual to announce before free agency that they are off the market.
More telling that Kouat Noi had a mutual option too and they didn’t announce him.

Reply #892266 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

As you would know that doesn't need to be done publicly it's just an excuse to have two bites at the cherry by announcing the same signing twice. I wasn't putting shit on the Taipans it's becoming a trend in the NBL the last couple of years it's just cheeky that's all.

I don't think it's any surprise that they didn't announce they picked up the option on Noi given his play this past season and the lack of minutes he was getting towards the end of the season. Another one that seems to have succumbed to the NBL Media's hype machine.

Reply #892274 | Report this post

Fugazi88  
Two years ago

Wish Cairns would sell to a wealthy owner so they can create a stacked team

Reply #892275 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Aim for...

PG(I)-McdowellWhite
Mcall(I)-(NS)-Djeric
Kuol-Noi-Ngatai
Pinder-Deng
Oliver(I)-Mathiang

Reply #892276 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Wish Cairns would sell to a wealthy owner so they can create a stacked team

They had one in the form of the O'Brien's and it nearly cost the city its team if it wasn't for the community saving it.

Reply #892277 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

If they don't want majok... sixers let's get the super shooter back.. Andy pandy sure love him at Eagles as well.. sixers keeping options open ....

Reply #892342 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

@Hermann - Majok Deng is contracted to Taipans.

Reply #892370 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754