Boba Fett
Two years ago

The real reason Josh Adams left the Jackies.

From The Mercury

"But in a bombshell shift to the narrative surrounding his departure, Adams engaged in a heated exchange with a user on his Instagram account on Tuesday morning where he proclaimed the allegations he left for a bigger payday was were false and claimed the team didn't want him.

"Your coach made the decision that he didn’t want me," Adams wrote.

“So all of you need to get out of my comments calling me a traitor and that I left for money.

“I played my heart out for them and I love my brothers. So get your facts straight or put your phone down,” he said.

“...don’t assume you know and speak on my situation…I haven’t signed anywhere, nor do I have anywhere that I can sign right now.”

WOW.

Topic #50252 | Report this topic

Drexler  
Two years ago

That is pretty wow, easily the best player on the court for the JJs maybe he rubbed Roth the wrong way one too many times?

Reply #895652 | Report this post

Bored  
Two years ago

Reasonable they let him go. He wasn't in the same tier of talent as the top 5 in the league. Averaged 16ppg for the season. He'd be a great second import but as the JJ number one scorer they needed someone in a higher class to win the GF.

Reply #895653 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

It's not difficult to read between the lines on this. Adams would've no doubt wanted a pay rise probably a substantial one and Roth likely has some say in who the JJ's sign and probably said no thanks we can probably get the same production for the money we were paying Adams, which becomes the coach didn't want him back.

Reply #895654 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

My own "wow". I wrote before, and I repeat, Bullets?

Reply #895656 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Reckon the truth is somewhere between what Roth has said and what Adams has said.

Reply #895657 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Why would any fans go out of their way to attack JA on his insta?

Even if he did leave for money, is that a frickin' sin? He only has one maybe 2 big contracts left at 28.

Can't JJ fans be thankfully for literally taking them to the GF?

Reply #895664 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Reply #895665 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Why would any fans go out of their way to attack JA on his insta?
I don't see anyone attacking him, just a fairly matter of fact observation he's then blown up at.

Reply #895666 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Totally agree Lovebroker however if you read the instagram post - the fan was not having a crack; was asking a genuine question.

Total respect for Josh Adams.

Professional sports doing what professional sports.

Reply #895667 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Roth is a smart operator, I can't believe I’m saying that but he knows what he’s doing. You pay what you think the player is worth and I’d say Adams want more so bye bye.

Reply #895670 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

There's nothing to see here other than a new fanbase needing to get used to how pro basketball works.

At the same time, can’t begrudge them falling for Adams after his playoff heroics.

Reply #895677 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

I love this thread.

Adams: "It wasn't because of money."
Everyone on here: "Obviously it was about money."

Reply #895693 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

From what I heard from somebody who knows jorrick chivers adams was made two offers from the jack jumpers which he declined . they then decided to move on wanting to finalise there roster a couple of days prior to announcing the Doyle signing apparently adams came back to the club wanting to negotiate with the club again they had already committed to Doyle though so that's we’re it ended . So to say adams was not wanted buy the club or Roth is not exactly accurate

Reply #895694 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Makes sense it's a business and despite his talent he missed the boat. I am hoping the replacement is an upgrade. He had an outstanding finals series but was n't outstanding during the full season.

Reply #895700 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Well it was about the money, JJs could not match what he wanted and went elsewhere.

Reply #895702 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Exactly, Dunkman. Adams thinks he's worth that much so tells himself that the JJs didn't want him, whereas they did for what they felt was the right price.

Reply #895707 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

He thinks he's gonna get better offers to rejects the JJs.

Better offers don't come so he goes back to them and perhaps willing to take their earlier offer but they've moved on. He goes to a rival for the same money he would have gotten at JJs.

So for him he feels vindicated in saying it wasn't about the money.

Reply #895708 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Reply #895711 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

^ That tweet above from JA says seems to attempt to address the incorrect speculation and lies, then proceeds to say nothing about / address the speculation and lies.

Reply #895715 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

Has signed for a team in Slovenia

Reply #896712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754