Outatime
Two years ago

NBL Venues- Atmosphere

Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to travel interstate from Perth this NBL season and watch a Cats away game.

Looking to do a 2 birds one stone trip and visit a city we haven't been to.

Out of say these teams, which do you think put on a good show when it comes to a good / loud atmosphere at their home venue?:

- Bullets
- Taipans
- Jack jumpers
- 36ers

Thanks all

Topic #50371 | Report this topic

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I've been to 2 JackJumpers games and the atmosphere is amazing but thought it was too loud.

It’s very difficult to get seats if your not a member.

I haven’t been to Cairns but I think it worth going to Cairns or even Adelaide. Been to Adelaide and it’s a very easy stadium to get tickets and parking is easy. My mate went to a Bullets game and said it was alright.

Reply #897876 | Report this post

BigD  
Two years ago

Taipans fans are very passionate.
Been to a couple of away games there and I'd rate the atmosphere.

Reply #897878 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Anywhere with a decent crowd that cares about the team will generally give you a good atmosphere. The Powerhouse in Adelaide used to have that in spades but it's not quite the same with the AEC. Maybe things will change with (hopefully) a more successful team to back this year, though.

Reply #897879 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

As far as atmosphere its JJ's, Cairns and Perth then daylight in that order. Perth would be higher but the announcer brings it down.

Like previously mentioned JJ's will be difficult to get tickets unless its for the Launceston Games as Members have sold out the arena.

Haven't done Hawks or Bullets, but hawks doesn't look too bad, when they are winning.

Reply #897881 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Outside of Perth it was Illawarra hands down for a very long time - in the 80s/90s because of the infamous Snakepit and up to early 2010s at the new Sandpit, which is in an amazing beachside location, when the Hawks still attracted a crowd. Glad I experienced it before everything went downhill in Wollongong.

Reply #897882 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

You would love the Cairns Convention Centre. Win lose or draw, the patrons go nuts.

Plus Joe Blake and our two dance squads, and half time activities as well just for fun.

Designed as a night's entertainment with a basketball game just to add to the fun :)

Reply #897891 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I don't want to derail the thread but Joe Blake is definitely the best mascot in the league, he oozes pure attitude. Loved the old team-up with 100% Croc at FNQ derbies.

Reply #897893 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Two years ago

Not Sydney, too big for the number of attendees. Maybe finals is a different story. Crowd also super quiet in a good game was weird for me after coming from Adelaide. I agree AEC in Adelaide does not have the same energy as the Dome/Powerhouse/Arena, but also Adelaide has sucked since the move, would be interesting to see it with a full house.

Reply #897919 | Report this post

DreamShake  
Two years ago

Brisbane is certainly better than the library days but not something I'd likely travel for specifically.

Reply #897929 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I agree AEC in Adelaide does not have the same energy as the Dome/Powerhouse/Arena

Heal getting booed by 5,000 Sixers fans in unison any time he made a Findon appearance was a thing of beauty.

People used to criticise Carfino all the time for making this comment but he was right that they were such a knowledgeable fan base.

Reply #897939 | Report this post

Baller  
Two years ago

They do keep some tickets for general admission if you're quick enough

Reply #897991 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I'm waiting for the GA tickets for the Adelaide, Melbourne game since my sister lives over there.

Hoping for level 1 seats at least. Strange the tickets aren’t released to the public yet when United, Phoenix are the only teams organised.

Perth GA’s tickets are on the Ticketek but I can’t believe how dear their tickets are. They don’t even have child tickets for their Dimond section. That’s why Melbourne is the best city to watch sport. We get better discounts to see games and more events to see.

Reply #898169 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Why lower prices if you can sell the game out anyway?

Reply #898170 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

https://imgflip.com/gif/6s2597

Reply #898212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754