NBLTigers
Two years ago

NBL’s Big Game With 2K

The Hungry Jack's National Basketball League (NBL) is pleased to announce 2K has joined the League's family of partners.

2K has become the official video game partner of the NBL and will help reach and engage new audiences through digital platforms.

With the upcoming release of NBA 2K23 on September 9, the partnership will enable 2K to promote the game on NBL platforms throughout the season.

"We are delighted to partner with 2K," NBL Chief Commercial Officer Brad Joyner said.

“NBA 2K is an iconic global brand in basketball and is one of the most recognisable products in the sport.

"It also allows us to connect with a new audience across the world. We are excited to see the partnership come to life and believe it is just the beginning of a long and successful collaboration.”

“We look forward to partnering with the NBL and to bring our game directly to even more basketball fans around the world,” Alfie Brody, Vice President of Global Marketing Strategy at NBA 2K said.

Topic #50395 | Report this topic

Cram  
Two years ago

Great synergy. NBA2K also love gambling revenue

Reply #898159 | Report this post

Ski 61  
Two years ago

So it's just advertising? Or NBL will be in the game?

Reply #898161 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

It's obviously advertising. If it were NBL teams in the game they would have led with that. As much as I'd love to see NBL teams in NBA 2K23 they'd most definitely half-ass it, making all our guys look like NPCs and giving them a rating of 55 regardless of skill set.

Reply #898163 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two years ago

Breaking

advertising disguised as a press release

Reply #898167 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I mean its a no brainer in terms of advertising deal though. Who's a potentially untapped market of basketball fans? NBL fans that maybe arent NBA fans (there's like 7 outside this forum, I'm sure).

I know from some 2K forums I go to there's already heaps of aussie 2K players, but they'd always be looking to pick up more.

Reply #898168 | Report this post

Krammis76  
Two years ago

They did have the boomers team in one of the 2k gsmes a while ago.

Reply #898173 | Report this post

curtley  
Two years ago

There's heaps of leagues in the FIFA game including the A-League, I guess soccer is a different sport altogether.

Reply #898174 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

At one point there were a few custom skins being released with NBL players for NBA2K with one in particular done really well.

Reply #898176 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Was it Live 07 they had world teams? All of them had potato looking players and the ratings for the Aussies were trash (but that didn't stop me using them!).

Reply #898177 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

There's heaps of leagues in the FIFA game including the A-League, I guess soccer is a different sport altogether.

Yes, it's global.

Reply #898178 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Was it Live 07 they had world teams? All of them had potato looking players and the ratings for the Aussies were trash (but that didn't stop me using them!).

It was NBA2K13 with an NBL mod applied:
https://www.youtube.com/@nbl2kultimate966

Reply #908932 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

NBA Live 06 also had an NBL mod.

Reply #908944 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #909221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754