Dunkman
Two years ago

First import gone?

Preseason starting this weekend, let's see who punters think will be first gone.

Have a shot now if you have inside knowledge or guess work.

Topic #50418 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

George King

Reply #898620 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Franks to exercise an out clause

Reply #898621 | Report this post

The Bratt  
Two years ago

The Nz 4 man he is terrible

Reply #898625 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

The NZ 4 man Jarrell Brantley is an MVP candidate

Reply #898628 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

MVP candidate in who's opinion ?

Reply #898630 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

Shannon Scott

Reply #898631 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

It's usually a 36ers import, so while owner hasn’t changed, can’t see that changing either. I suppose just a matter of which one?

Reply #898632 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

MVP Candidate says me baby. Brantley is a beast

Reply #898637 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Don't think it will be a 36ers player this time unless Franks is not happy...

Reply #898638 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Two years ago

Most likely Shannon Scott, though Brady Manek as a first year professional in the cauldron of Perth could be a wildcard.

Reply #898644 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Manu, I'll back your judgment more than the commentary. ::)))

Reply #898646 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

george king is home for family reasons zodiac
can't judge some imports because how long they been out here

Reply #898656 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Ahh the old family reasons.

Reply #898657 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

Anyone know why Franks didn't play over weekend?
I still think he may bail on us at some stage.

Reply #898659 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Shano76,

I think he's been nursing an injury since arriving?

I am not one to start baseless rumours, but just have a feeling something isn't right with Franks and the club maybe? Completely baseless, but just an instinct.

Reply #898662 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The ankle injury which he got at Summer League was the reason the Russian team pulled their contract offer to him so maybe it's worse than we assumed?

It's probably past the cut off date of him being able to exercise his out clause anyway but as we saw with Sloan there are always ways and means for a guy to get out of a contract.

Reply #898666 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I too get the feeling something isn't right - and I thought it was odd that an ankle injury was enough of a problem for a Russian club to say no but 36ers were ok with it.

Maybe that’s just the cynical 36ers fan in us - perhaps they are just being prudent and we might see Franks join some minutes in the Blitz?

Reply #898671 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

More likely an overpaid import is let go than an affordable one like Scott I think

Reply #898690 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

Bryce Cotton

Will naturalise soon. Hence will be "gone" as an import.

Reply #898696 | Report this post

Graham  
Two years ago

Nailed it

Reply #898699 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

If George King is gone already, Cotton won't be first. Very close to season to be home for family reasons.

Reply #898702 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Two years ago

Dunkman

I realise that. It's so hard to know who will really stink it up the most, and what clubs will pull the trigger earliest each year.

But I am certain Cotton and Cats want naturalisation ASAP to free up an import slot. This might help the Wildcats pick up a better important at a good price if they can shop around in a less competitive buyer’s market. Could be a master stroke- they’re gonna need a boost somehow if they want to return to the top echelon and compete for the title.

Reply #898704 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Just can't believe how long Cotton’s citizenship is taking, it’s a farce. I don’t follow the cats either.

Reply #898708 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Reckon that Perth may already have someone lined up for Cotton "replacement" if they are going for 3 imps. That's likely after dropping their finals involvement, just to make sure they get up there again.
Wonder what Cotton will be worth as an Aussie. Would be anyones/everyones marquie, wouldn't he?

Reply #898750 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Considering Perth is where the immigration processing is done, taking a long time.

Reply #898752 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

It's processed in Adelaide and Hobart.

Reply #898767 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Re: Franks

In the footage of Sixers training on 7 News tonight from behind it looked like Franks was the one taking the ball out of the basket so it appears he is training with the team which is at least something.

Reply #898770 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Zodiac,

Franks is probably just nursing an injury and there was no point playing him in the Perth games.

My comment was just a feeling that could be way off and hopefully is.

Reply #898778 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754