Ballman
Two years ago

2022-23 NBL Game Telecast Feedback

After the first weekend of games we got to see gameday presentation from the telecast point of view. There is use of new graphics, slightly different view of the current score and so on. On balance the quality of the telecast looks to have improved.

My main feedback on the telecast is we need more regular stats updates. Last season it would flash up a players stats after he scored, and more foul count information (whos in foul trouble). On the weekend we didn't see any ingame stats updates on screen that we did in the previous season.

Wishlist:
* show more regular graphics on foul count, player scores so we don't have listen out for the commenter or view an app/website.

Anyone else agree ?

Topic #50463 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Two years ago

The score ticker is atrocious.

Reply #900324 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

I also want more throws to the actual courtside commentators. With all commentary happening offsite, the main team forget about them.

Reply #900327 | Report this post

AI3  
Two years ago

no team fouls on the score display???

Reply #900331 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

no team fouls on the score display???

Runs down the side instead of across as we are used to. And in tiny blocks.

Overall, I don't mind it although I would prefer the shot clock to be more visible.

Reply #900336 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

"I also want more throws to the actual courtside commentators. With all commentary happening offsite, the main team forget about them."

Unless its Damian Martin, love the guy but he talks 100 miles an hour and still manages to take forever to get to the end of what he is trying to say.

Reply #900395 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Most games were zoomed in way too close. Don't care about anything else if I'm getting motion sickness.

Reply #900446 | Report this post

Ski 61  
Two years ago

I thought the general broadcast was really good and seemed a little more professional with the new score bug. I said in another thread having commentators off-site still is cheaping out and lame though.

Only thing with that score bug is it's a bit of a waste just having half of it empty for large periods, they need to put stats through there more regularly.

Reply #900476 | Report this post

Crazy8  
Two years ago

Agreed on the stats ticker. I used to comment that watching NBA or international games was annoying because it didn't have the live stat ticker updating stats, and now NBL has ditched it

Reply #900521 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

"seemed a little more professional with the new score bug"

I'm a little curious, in what way do you think it looks more professional?
Are you comparing it against the pre-season one and not the proper broadcast one from last season?

To me it’s a visual downgrade, looks less professional and as most have said, they’ve made the stat ticker irritatingly slow which wasn’t a problem last year.

Looks more like a crappy NBA 2K scorebug x ESPNs outrageously large NBA scorebug. It must be designed for the sight impaired.

It reminds me of people that have text size so large on their phone it fits like 3 words on each line.

As much as Channel 7s AFL coverage is scheisse, I love their scorebug, it’s simple and visually nice and not too big!

Reply #900522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:43 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754