Dunkman
Two years ago

SEM v Cairns

SEM still short handed but still should be good enough to win this, certainly if they want to play finals.
Cairns will be very competitive, just not deep enough imo. McCall has to limit his turnovers if they are any chance.
SEM by three.

Topic #50478 | Report this topic

Ben  
Two years ago

Conflicted here. John Casey on the call (great!) buuuuut ... so is Jenni Screen :(

SEM looked rough as guts a couple nights ago. Cairns aren't much better on a good night, but I'm tipping the Snakes by 5 with some fresher legs.

Also I've said it before, but how f***ing good are their jerseys.

Reply #900668 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

I'm sure Jenni Screen is a nice person but she’s so bad on the call I almost want to mute it. Someone needs to tell her this isn’t radio and we don’t need to hear her every thought.

Reply #900669 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Also tipping Cairns on the basis SEM have Te Stinky as a starter.

Reply #900670 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I've posted this before but it deserves another insert:

So sick, if only every NBL team upped their jersey game to this level.

Reply #900671 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Jenni Screen overtalks and interrupts like someone with ADHD does.

I don't want to be mean but there is something there (whatever it may be) which she needs to get checked out because it's sad having it broadcast all over national television.

During the Women's World Cup Michelle Timms had to constantly prompt and forewarn Screen that she was about to speak to create an opportunity for herself. It's not something you are required to do with a neuro typical person let alone one working as a commentator.

Sort it out NBL.

Reply #900672 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Screen is at least talking about the game,
Creek starting well and gives two dumb fouls away.
Pineau for all his offensive difficulties he really straightens up SEM defensively. Needs more time while they have injuries

Reply #900673 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Terangi and smith Milner on floor together, what coach does that.

Reply #900674 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

A New Zealand one?

Reply #900675 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two years ago

I wonder who told Hogg he was a shooter?
Very ugly...

Reply #900677 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

A stupid one. Not certain nz would have them on the floor together.

Oh my is the only way to describe both sides. Low standard game.

Reply #900678 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

My team trained after the lightning sometimes. Once a ball rolled over to where they were stretching and bumped Screen, not even hard. She lost her shit at us, was never a fan afterwards. So up herself. And her commentary is like fingernails on a blackboard, and often wrong with facts.

Reply #900679 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Very ordinary.

Reply #900680 | Report this post

Fox57  
Two years ago

Does Reuben Te Rangi add anything to an NBL team? He has been around for a while now and never really seems to have improved. Can't shoot, can't seem to get to the basket, not a hustle player or rebounded.

Reply #900681 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I'll say it again - Scott waaaaay better than advertised.

Reply #900683 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Scott & Hogg both very good imports.

Reply #900684 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

We'll take that, thanks...

Reply #900686 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Te Rangi with a vintage fourth quarter performance to lead Cairns to a comeback victory.

Also as per others, Scott looks like he's gonna be good this season.

Reply #900687 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Adnam 7 turnovers, Creek 6 turnovers, most Creek in last 1/4 when trying to play point guard.
SEM are a rabble, injuries or not.

Reply #900688 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

Geez SEM look woeful. Creek was MIA in that last few minutes, not good signs at all.

Reply #900689 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Mitchell n the chopping block.

Reply #900690 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Adnam and Te Rangi are the worst guard combination we have seen in the NBL for a very long time. Adnam needs to stop thinking he is Steph Curry and god knows what Te Rangi is thinking. Coach needs to have some hard talks with them about their abilities.

Reply #900691 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

SEM and Mitchell have definitely underachieved in the past, but to be fair to them right now they have a considerable number of players missing.

Reply #900692 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I was amazed at a time out SEM were playing so bad and Mitchell just spoke politely to them, he should have given it to them. They are all to comfortable in that team, coaches can't be mates. Terangi, Creek, Adnam all very, very poor.

Reply #900693 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

My team trained after the lightning sometimes. Once a ball rolled over to where they were stretching and bumped Screen, not even hard. She lost her shit at us, was never a fan afterwards. So up herself. And her commentary is like fingernails on a blackboard, and often wrong with facts.

Hmmm interesting.

Reply #900726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754