Dunkman
Two years ago

United v JJs

Both sides coming of very good wins. United with a very different team to one that got beat in last years semi would still like revenge. Can United imports keep improving, if so should get the win.
JJs now starting to look like last season form, imports slightly better but with Magnay still missing, should not get the win, it will be close though.

United by 6.

Topic #50506 | Report this topic

LV  
Two years ago

Where's Jordan Caroline?

Okwera into the game before him

Reply #901526 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

United in trouble here

2 of the 3 PGs on the roster injured. Vs strong JJs defense

Tucker isn't really doing the job here.

Might need to Play XRM 33-34 minutes

Reply #901527 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

And CG too

Reply #901528 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Here you go - refs trying to get United back in the game just like they tried with Phoenix yesterday. Refs remain pathetic

Reply #901530 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

"Too much standing around at the offensive end by United..."

Astute comment by Gazey

Reply #901531 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

XRM not winning the game, over bounces, misses to many open passes. United imports all look average.
JJs just well oiled machine, still not home yet as Goulding could go off but certainly in the box seat.

Reply #901532 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

How did Perth lose to this Melbourne team?

Reply #901533 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

United haven't brought the intensity defensively. The energy is down

And, like last year, they need CG firing. When CG has off games like this, United lacks the fire-power or the offensive system to put big scores up

Those are your 2 differences from Friday

And of course Humphries hasnt played after a very soft pushing foul for his early 3rd

Reply #901534 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

But credit to JJs too. Roth best coach in NBL these days

Reply #901535 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

United don't look like a very happy team, Goulding looks down.

Reply #901536 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Two years ago

The JJ's defensive rotations are a thing of beauty. How can you not love this team, regardless of who your home town mob are. The D and execution at the other end is so impressive.

Reply #901537 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

They surrendered Goulding with two ball hogs .. I would be pissed to

Reply #901538 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Surrounded

Reply #901539 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

That's why we need Ili back and into the starting 5. He's pass first like Delly and McCarron

Bring XRM off the bench as a spark plug, like Trimble down the stretch of the 19/20 season

That will bring the balance they need.

Barlow into the 5 has been good too but that's the next change once Ilis good to go

Reply #901540 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Scott Roth for next Boomers coach please

Reply #901542 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Very happy with that win.

JJs a team to be proud of.

Reply #901543 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs were magnificent, love the way they play, glad I put them in my finals side. Kelly is one powerful player, well oiled machine.
United, I'm amazed how unbalanced the side is, yes they have some injuries but even then it’s not a premiership combination.

Reply #901544 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Caroline must be favourite for first import on a plane

One of the last subbed in. Not playing down the stretch

Tucker also underperforming but I think they'll persevere with him, after 3 or 4 games scoring in the 20s in pre season

Reply #901545 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Scott Roth proudly recruited to the NBL by the Bendat era Wildcats.

What could have been, sigh.

Reply #901546 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

I don't even mind losing to the JJs tbh.

They must be everyone's 2nd favourite team.

Reply #901547 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Melbourne aren't a good team. I was surprised they locked up Goulding for the next 3 years too, who was their competition? Imports not much chop and with Delly making now making Sacramento's roster it rules out the slim hope he might have returned.

Got to admire the JJ's dropped their first three games and now on a three game winning streak. Scott Roth continues to weave his magic with a group of cast offs and they've stil got a few out injured too.

Reply #901548 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Master-class weekend by Roth and JJs

Vickermans is a good defensive coach. He scouts opponents well.

But his offences are pretty simple and overly reliant on talented guys executing. We don't get enough points from the system

Reply #901551 | Report this post

Mat B  
Two years ago

Concur with the widespread praise of JJ's.
They are so well balanced and cover the floor with swarming defense.
Agree re Kelly - an absolute utility on both ends.
You just have to admire the culture that Roth has created, and yes, he'd be a great pick for boomers coach.

I honestly believe United are a good team.....or could be, if they could just cplay as one, and actually generate some chemistry.
It's more a case of lack of cohesion than anything else.

Illi's return will make a significant difference and will likely re-balance them at both ends.

Reply #901553 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Lol @ Zodiac sinking the boot in every time United loses

Still hasn't got over 2018 ;-)

Reply #901561 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I don't even mind losing to the JJs tbh.

They must be everyone's 2nd favourite team.

Hoping they can go one better this season.

Reply #901564 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

No I predicted they weren't going to be very good before the season started.

On the other hand you had Tucker as an MVP candidate, because reasons lol

Reply #901565 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Me and everybody else

Reply #901567 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

And yeah whose the competition for CG43

Like as if every other NBL wouldn't wanna sign him lol

Reply #901568 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Team*

Reply #901569 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

No they didn't, don't equate the NBL Media hype machine with impartial followers of the league. NBL Media told you he was going to be star just like they told us Dusty Hannahs was going to be last season too.

I said who was United's competition for locking up Goulding for 3 years, no other team in the league would've given a 33 almost 34 yo Goulding a 3 year deal like United effectively did.

Reply #901573 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Dusty Hannah's resume is nowhere near Tuckers resume though

Re CG, you're talking about arguably the best shooter in NBL history and a Tokyo Bronze Medallist. Any team would want him. Stop justifying your silly snipe

Reply #901577 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Stop it, he's not even the best shooter in his club's history. You continue to fail to comprehend the difference between 1 year of Goulding vs 3 years of Goulding, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Reply #901581 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Gaze is my favourite player ever, undeniable GOAT. Unfair comparison as they're from different eras. But with pure shooting CG is right with him

I understand exactly what you mean and it was an arsey snipe and nothing more. How the heck would you know which other teams were or weren't talking to CG? He just had a great season and United wanted to lock him up early. Nothing wrong with that. You also don't know how much he's getting paid or whether it's front ended again, quit talking from your ass. Dear me. Next time you say something stupid just fade outta the thread! No need to justify

Reply #901584 | Report this post

Map3007  
Two years ago

What has happened to Mason Peatling this season?

Reply #901620 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

He's injured.

Reply #901623 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"I honestly believe United are a good team.....or could be, if they could just cplay as one, and actually generate some chemistry.
It's more a case of lack of cohesion than anything else.

Illi's return will make a significant difference and will likely re-balance them at both ends."

Agree with this, however they have to address the Caroline/Hukporti situation. Jordan clearly isn't performing at PF, and there is a huge hole at back-up C. IMO they need to bring in a quality 4-5 to be a top-level team.

Reply #901625 | Report this post

Illi will make a huge difference at both ends. Dump Caroline for someone of the attributes and ability of Kelly and the team would be much improved.

Reply #901629 | Report this post

Tucker and CG will be better with Illi distributing allowing XRM to pound their out of the ball looking for his own with the second unit.

Reply #901630 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

Who would wany Goulding.

He is nothing but a sook when things don't go his way.

No one would want to play with him because it is all ME,ME ME with him.

Reply #901631 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

Goulding would be embarrassed watching the gam throws his head back every bit of contact he feels . He's starting to look old slow and frustrated

Reply #901664 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Two years ago

Tucker does a lot of that too, which is surprising for a bloke built like an outside sanitation facility.

Reply #901674 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Nobody's surprised with XRM’s bizarre fit, truly a baffling signing.

They need a big time 4 who can play some 5 like Mooney or Jarelle...

Roth in the mix for Boomers coach is an interesting thought…

Reply #901725 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754