Mystro
Two years ago

Breakers Vs Phoenix 20/10

The SE Melbourne Phoenix head to West Auckland's Trusts Arena tonight to take on the NZ Breakers who beat them 85-77 in Melbourne last week.

This should be a good tight game with SE Melbourne finally getting to suit up Import Gary Browne and NZ's Import Barry Brown Jnr hopefully fit to play after some hamstring tightness keeping him on the bench in Round 3.

Can SE Melbourne make the appropriate defensive adjustments to get the W or will it be the Breakers putting the clamps on the Phoenix and extending their winning streak to 4 in a row?

Topic #50524 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

NZ should get this if form continues, who knows what SEM team turns up. NZ by eight.

Reply #901942 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

The full Phoenix team will turn up for the first time. The O won't be clicking yet though, so they'll have to match NZ's energy on D.

Reply #901956 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

West Auckland's Trusts Arena

I'll always remember this venue purely based off the first time the Breakers played there listening to a commentator with an extremely heavy Kiwi accent exclaim:

"and they're whoopin' it up here in the Waitakere"

I wasn't sure if the broadcast was in English.

Reply #901964 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

SEM playing well, all players on deck, NZ defensively are struggling.

Reply #901970 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

NZ shooting like been on the beer all day, SEM shooting like Curry. Brown looking very good getting his team organised.

Reply #901973 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Rupert with zeros at the half.

Reply #901974 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Nothing going right for breakers, phoenix the opposite.

Reply #901975 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Browne's passing shredded the Breakers D, which looked so good vs Illawarra

Reply #901976 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Total reversal of form from both sides. Soft game overall, certainly not exciting.

Reply #901977 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

SE Melbourne shot the lights out and deserved the win.
WMW looked a little flat and LeAfa tried to build a wall around the arena with all the bricks he threw up lol.
Wasn't a terrible game to watch...

NZ had better re-group fast as Cairns aren’t going to be any easier

Reply #902011 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

NZ looked tired. They fly to Cairns this morning, will have tomorrow to practice, and play on Sunday. Who makes these schedules!?

Reply #902012 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Soft game overall, certainly not exciting."

I reckon Phoenix fans would have found that high-quality demolition very exciting!

Reply #902013 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Nothing wrong with that game except the scoreline as a NZ Breakers fan.

Reply #902014 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I found the game entertaining. You could see that the Breakers were flat and reports of illness likely true. WMD is a gun and easily the best Aussie pg in the league right now, but as the game wore on he lost his wind. Phoenix with a full squad are going to be tough to beat. Hopefully we see less Anticeviches and Pineau and other bums as the season progresses. Garry Browne is elite in this competition though.

Reply #902016 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

When Cooks and Pinder start taking Qui apart you'll be glad you got Pineau. I was expecting a close hard game and Phoenix just had it all there way.

Reply #902022 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Williams is posting impressive numbers but his D looked terrible at points last night

I'm thinking this will be another season of high scoring, but potentially struggling to stop opponents. Good chance of making the semis with their depth and talent but the defensive end will determine if they're genuine title contenders

Reply #902032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754