GordonG
Two years ago

Taipans v Breakers Sunday 23rd

Should be a fun game. Taipans to win. (Who said I'm biased? Sit down in the back there! :) )

Topic #50536 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I think NZ will give a decent showing but Cairns will be far to strong. Expecting entertaining game though. Taipans by 12.

Reply #902285 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Hopefully, the Breakers are healthy so we can see a good contest. Cairns by 5-10 is my pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Breakers match up on Pinder with Brantley and snatch a win.

Reply #902287 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

It's a soccer baseball score. Breakers lol

Reply #902299 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Two years ago

Positive signs for the Breakers. Worst quarter in NBL history and they are still within 11 points.

Reply #902300 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I enjoyed the quarter, despite it being very low scoring.

Reply #902301 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Jonah Antonio is perfectly camoflauged whenever he goes inside the 3pt line

Reply #902302 | Report this post

Breakers can't make a shot. Yet Gliddon has not hit the court in the first half.

Reply #902303 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Both coaches absolutely screaming from sideline. It's a nice physical game, I like it.

Reply #902304 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Gazey on Djeric, the hustle flop, lol. Djeric diving on lose ball after it went out.

Reply #902307 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Flops rewarded, it's rubbish.

Reply #902308 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very enjoyable game, NZ were deserved winners.

Reply #902309 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

Breakers played hard in the second half. Game could have gone either way. Either team deserved the win. Unfortunately it was them, not us.

Reply #902312 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Waiting for Jacket to pipe up and say Breakers won because they made more 3s.

Reply #902331 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

You beat me to it.

On another note: Cairns, Tasmania and NZ are all tough teams. But where Cairns might get found out over time is they lack depth, especially upfront.

Reply #902333 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two years ago

Not sure how the breakers won that. Generally poor shooting and very static on offense. Just shows what a committed defensive focus can do.

I had them finishing 7th this season but that result may have shown they're potential finalists??

Interesting how many minutes they gave rupert. And defensively he made the most of them too

Reply #902353 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Rupert is going to be very good by January. He still makes some rookie mistakes, but he's the first Next Star I’ve seen that helps his team win. It’s a bit scary how good the Breakers defence can be and they’ve got Abercrombie to come back.

Reply #902354 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Just Rupert's defence is enough to keep him on the floor. Takes some tough shots off the dribble but with his length can get them off easily. Based on previous NS, definitely a lottery pick.

Reply #902388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754