Ben
Two years ago

Bullets @ Hawks - Mon 24/10

Battle of the early cellar dwellars. Hawks a solitary win, Bullets zilch.

Hawks slight favourites on betting. A result either way wouldn't surprise me. Hawks well rested and at home, Bullets desperate.

Topic #50540 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The difference being the Bullets roster spend would have to be at least three times what the Hawks is. If Brisbane somehow manage to lose this game to drop to 0-6 you would have to think Duncan can't continue as coach.

Reply #902410 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

What do the Hawks have, a roster spend for ants?

Reply #902413 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Zodiac, Perthworld raised a valid point a few days ago. If Duncan gets the boot, who takes over? It won't be one of the two assistants that’s for sure. Regardless of record, I’d wager that the cheapskate Bullets hold on to their HC season long.

Reply #902415 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Bullets by a fair bit, hawks really have not much and there key guy, Froling seems starved off the ball. Now after saying that, Harvey going nuts could cause problems, I just don't see it.

Reply #902416 | Report this post

Hooping  
Two years ago

expecting PC to take over on Nov 8th.
not the current PC

Reply #902421 | Report this post

Davo  
Two years ago

Do you think they would be talking to a kiwi ?

Reply #902423 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

expecting PC to take over on Nov 8th.
not the current PC

Interesting. I recall he was in the running previously while coaching QBL down the motorway.

Reply #902427 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Battle of the early cellar dwellars. Hawks a solitary win, Bullets zilch.

and the reverse fixture is on this Thursday.

What a time to be alive for an epic four days of NBL basketball.

Reply #902429 | Report this post

Aussie  
Two years ago

Will Weaver would be a great coach for the Bullets IMO.

I wonder whether he is enjoying coaching in France?

Reply #902431 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Weaver only took over on the weekend in France, away game, he had work visa problems, by the way, it was there first win in lnb, pro a. Very tough league is pro a.

Reply #902433 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

PC will be busy on the 8th, but could take over a few days later.

Reply #902435 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Interesting Stattman is playing ahead of Devondrick tonight.

Reply #902438 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Big Banger having a breakout NBL game.

Matter of time

Reply #902440 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Baynes finally showing good form, really hard to tell if Brisbane are doing good as hawks so bad. Never been a great fan of Cadee but Brisbane certainly look better with him at the point. Hawks 2 of 8 free throws, you would be unhappy from your under 12 team shooting that.

Reply #902441 | Report this post

101 annon  
Two years ago

Hawks look woefull. King & Froling don't get the ball & Deng has to be the dumbest player in the NBL with what happened in the 1st minute
Hopefully Siva gets them back on track

Reply #902442 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Siva would have to be lebron to get hawks back on track. Yes Deng oh my, not a lot upstairs.

Reply #902443 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Either Tyler Johnson is injured or Brisbane simply don't utilise him enough

Reply #902444 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

Mathiang get a block and flexes when they are down 10 next possession turns it overnight brains

Reply #902445 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sobey again not having a go one, lucky he can get to the stripe

Reply #902446 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I'm about 10 mins begins the love action but Sobey almost singlehandedly getting the Hawks back in it this 3rd Q

Reply #902447 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Live*

Reply #902448 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Brisbane good first quarter, the rest crap, Baynes has done well though. Illawarra other than Dent nothing to write home about.

Reply #902449 | Report this post

Probably the worst NBL game I have ever seen.

Reply #902450 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I didn't see Cairns-NZ on the weekend, but this is how I imagine that game looked when I saw the box

Reply #902451 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

"The Isotopes win a game! The Isotopes win a game!"

Reply #902452 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Johnson should start and Sobey should go to bench. Sobey will able to take control and have the ball he requires. Nice win Brisbane, they needed it.
Illawarra, the spoon is there's, probably only side most sides look to for an easy win.

Reply #902453 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

The hawks lack of talent is alarming. They must be on a very tight budget. I suspect you wil start seeing more lopsided scores against them as the season rolls on.

Reply #902454 | Report this post

AngusH. The Breakers Snakes game was reasonably enjoyable IMO. The low scores caused more buy good aggressive D and scouting rather than the lack of skill, poor shot selection, low IQ shown by the Hawks tonight.

Harvey has been trash so far this season. Siva will at least add some IQ to the team.

Reply #902455 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Both those games were pretty bad. The NZ v Cairns one came to life a bit later on, but a large part of it was a very tough watch.

The NBL is on track to set a record low for fouls called per game, the result of that is scrappy play and scoring droughts like we've seen plenty of this round.

Reply #902456 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Two years ago

Whilst the Hawks have a weak roster (how many in their would make it onto other teams rosters - 4?), they lack the efforts and smarts of a similar limited rosters like Cairns or Tassie. Effort and strong gameplans/coaching make a world of difference

Reply #902457 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Probably the worst NBL game I have ever seen.

For those who are unaware the above is coming from a poster who has been following the NBL since day one.

Reply #902458 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Will Weaver would be a great coach for the Bullets IMO.

I wonder whether he is enjoying coaching in France?

Go have a read on how ambitious his new club Paris Basketball are, they're the total opposite to the plodding Bullets. He'll be fine.

Reply #902459 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Professional basketball teams should not miss that many free throws in a row

Reply #902461 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Two years ago

Well Jackets summary of modern basketball has come true again with his summary of whoever makes the most 3s win. Brisbane - 8/25 and Hawks - 7/35.
That guy is such a genius!

Reply #902470 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Two years ago

If you look at how your top players are going, ranked by PPG: Hawks top 6 is shooting at 37%. Next closest is Cairns (42%). Leading top 6 team is Sydney on 51%.

If you look at the top 7 PPG scorers shooting percentage: Hawks: 41% (Mango shooting at 58%!). Next closest: Cairns (again) at 42%. Leading top 7: Bullets (51%). On 3 games but shooting at 80% is Tyrell Harrison.(Harrison edged out Harry who has slightly less PPG but whose shooting % would've dragged Brisbane down. Sydney are still getting >50% shooting from their top 7.

So, Hawks have to get more accurate shooting out of their goto players. Or get more shots up?

How to do this? Over to you coach

Reply #902472 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Two years ago

The problem with stats:

I just had another look. Contributing to the Hawks % is JR who only shot at 25% in his only game. This meant that he go 10 pts putting him in the top 6. If you took him out, that would elevate Mango into the top 6 (with his 58%) and Wani into the top 7 bringing 40%.

So, that would change things a bit but I don't have any more time. And there could be things like that changing other teams stats (McCall?).

But. what I want is Tyler to get his mojo working on that one handed floater he had in his first season. He gets that working, he'll be damaging.

Reply #902474 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

With the depth concerns I get why the Hawks haven't been rolling with their best 5 from the opening tip, but I think that's a luxury they can't afford - they need to have their best 5 on the court as much as possible, which for me is Harvey-Wani-King-Froling-Mango. When Siva comes on board, Wani to the bench.

Bench is shallow (especially down an import) but Dent seems to have stolen Harvey's floater game and at least appears capable of filling a similar role to Adnam in this league, Deng has his moments but is best suited to 8-12 mins a game off the bench at most, and agree with the commentary team last night that I thought Gak would get a bigger role this year, and then... well, Hickey showed some energy last night, Mudronja has also had his moments and might end up being a rotation guy if he gets opportunity.

Reply #902477 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two years ago

Walker getting a DNP for the bullets. I was personally forecasting this

Cadee and Sobey getting 30+ minutes each as starters definitely means there is limited opportunity for an import wing. To me, while not being spectacular, other than the JJ's game, he has been more than adequate while being given pretty limited opportunities.

Unless there is an injury, a possibility on the back of a big minute NBL1 season, and it looks as if Johnson and Walker have identical roles, I'd be thinking Brisbane are preparing their roster for a life without Walker, thinking the slot need to be allocated for a different role.

If this is the case, only thing I can think they'd be retooling for is either a stretch 4, or Baynes has been tapped to go already and they need a replacement 5.

Reply #902507 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Reply #902542 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Interesting re Baynes (getting a nod). A bit like the old gag about watching mother-in-law driving your brand new car over a cliff. My guess would be that he needs more than one great game but he does look good out there.
Worried when he was fouled and hit the deck, but thankfully, he showed no sign of any injury.

Reply #902545 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Bit of a Mud fan. Also keen I White. Great sturt talents. Think sixers should look to get these types back home. Builds depth. Builds the base of local content. Both under utilityilizing by current clubs..
Agree that Jj have beaten us to gun with JMcV. He been superb addition to squad moving forward.. not all about sixers but heelyeah it us sixer year

Reply #902558 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Mudronja has consecutive 3 point air balls Monday night, kid is a 10 or 11 at best.

Reply #902560 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two years ago

Walker will unfortunately be gone shortly.

Reply #902563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754