Dunkman
Two years ago

Brisbane v Illawarra

Love watching basketball, not certain this game has a lot to offer though. Hopefully we get an entertaining game and Baynes keeps improving, maybe Sobey find a bit form also.

Hawks, can't see anything that is impressive so for, hopefully Siva can change that and Froling does well.

Brisbane by plenty.

Topic #50548 | Report this topic

KET  
Two years ago

Third time lucky hey

Reply #902610 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Dunkman - I'm sure Harry will do his best to keep the Hawks in the contest :)

Interested to see how Siva goes. Brisbane should’ve snapped him up.

Reply #902612 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yep Ket, to much of the good life yesterday, and boy does age come quickly.

Reply #902613 | Report this post

Moose 32  
Two years ago

I wouldn't be expected too much from him, only arrived in country 48hrs ago. Wouldn't think he's even had a proper training session with the team travelling yesterday.

Reply #902614 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two years ago

Siva only arrived Tuesday morning then went and trained with the team. He then was back on a plane to Brisbane on Wednesday with the team, surely he hasn't recovered from jetlag and will play 15min max.

Reply #902615 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two years ago

Sorry I didn't see Moose 32 post above.

Reply #902616 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

This will be a massacre again. The talent gap is huge and not even Duncan as bad as he is can overcome that

Reply #902619 | Report this post

Siva starting.

Reply #902621 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Jesus Christ calm down with the delay of game warnings NBL

Reply #902622 | Report this post

Maddog  
Two years ago

Goorj has absolutely shafted the Hawks by leaving this team for more money when they weren't ready to stand on their own 2 feet. He then picks a coach who is clearly out of his depth. Hard for the Hawks to be successful when they are never given the chance to...

Reply #902623 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

I told u it will another massacre

Reply #902625 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Shame on me for tuning in to this game and expecting any difference to last game. On the positive side, Siva will be good for this team eventually. Just not soon enough to save the Hawks from the spoon most likely.

Reply #902626 | Report this post

Glen  
Two years ago

only Hawks free throw on the back of a technical. Need to be aggressive.

Reply #902627 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Maddog is right, goorg left the hawks in a mess.

Hawks still have a reasonable starting five, there is just no interest in any sort of defence. Mathiang, King, Deng, just not nbl standard and that's just the start of it.

Still to early to judge if the the bullets are back, there coach will be happy though.

Reply #902628 | Report this post

Trash.

Reply #902629 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Commentary is garbage tonight. Not exactly a marquee game deserving of better though.

Reply #902630 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Theres not a commentary team on the planet that could do much with this game.

Reply #902631 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Dori Kodarni ( spelling) also left the hawks in an absolute financial hole after promising LK so much.
Team looks shot.

Reply #902632 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

You know your team stinks when they make the Bullets look good.

Reply #902633 | Report this post

Derider  
Two years ago

Siva doesn't shoot. He looks to pass every time, but that’s useless when there’s no one to pass to. Harvey’s a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago and there’s literally no one else who can score even half reliably. Hawks are deficient in all areas but they needed a shooter above all (closely followed by someone who could rebound or defend even a little bit). Siva is absolutely useless in this team. It’s just shocking recruitment. It feels like deliberate sabotage.

Reply #902634 | Report this post

Maddog  
Two years ago

Did Dorry Kordahi leave the Hawks as owner?

Reply #902635 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Still part of the ownership group I believe, just stepped down as president of the club, but given it was to "focus on other ventures" etc he probably absconded.

Reply #902636 | Report this post

Maddog  
Two years ago

Every team Goorjan has coached has went bankrupt and folded.

Reply #902637 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Hawks were hard to watch

Reply #902639 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

It's just sad. Hope they can turn it around. Harvey is the key, if he gets going the whole offence looks entirely different. Froling being able to finish from the short roll will help a lot too.

Reply #902641 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Great to see Sobey find some form though. He's such a fun player to watch when he's up and about.

Reply #902642 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

With Harvey's floater game failing him, he's fallen back on being reduced to just chucking up long contested 3s (not that the Hawks generated much outside of that). He needs to find that part of his game again.

Reply #902643 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Craig Randall is the new Harvey

Reply #902644 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kordahi only had a very small percentage of ownership group, he took his share and all the contacts and his sponsor mates leaving the American owner left. Goorg bolted and the rest is history.

Reply #902645 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

I don't want to change anything at the Bullets, right now, they are starting to play some great 'ball, but I wonder why Devondrick Walker is not being used, at all.
He showed some good form in pre-season but has hardly played since.
What have I missed?

Reply #902649 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I feel like I missed the part where Kordahi left the ownership group. I thought he only stepped down as President?

Reply #902650 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Two years ago

Hawks look awful and I don't think Peyton Siva is going to make much of a difference.

What's been most disappointing is Tyler Harvey, statistically he is getting worse with every season he has spent in the league. Bloke cannot make a bucket to save his life, shooting 31% from the field. Playing in a team with very little offensive support doesn't help, but he's still getting some decent looks.

Struggling to be competitive + not looking like they are gonna win more than 5 games, average imports + horrible draw with heaps of mid week scheduled home games + poor crowd attendance + rookie coach looking like a fish out of water = disaster season for the Hawks.

Reply #902651 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Bullets announced on Twitter yesterday that Walker would miss the game with an injury - I didn't see anything before the Monday night game, but I presume it's the same injury. During the woeful start to the season I thought he showed some flashes to be honest - it wasn't his struggles that kept the Bullets winless.

Reply #902652 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Two years ago

Unusual to see an Illawarra team that plays with no heart. Maybe look at some of the personnel starting, fools gold. Looks good on the outside, but no substance.

Reply #902654 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes, lots chest pumpers in the hawks team, front runners, fools gold is a very good description.

Reply #902656 | Report this post

Moose 32  
Two years ago

No heart.
No hustle.

Worst Hawks team in my 20+ years of support.

Sad. Disappointing. Stopped watching mid 3rd qtr.

Reply #902658 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

Back to the Matt Flynn days with Jackomas as Coach and more so with his support staff.Noone of name on the bench to support him.

Just because he was with Goorgin for all those years does not make you a great coach at this level.

Maybe in juniors and around that level but whole ne ball game at NBL level.

Reply #902663 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two years ago

I hope it's only a one year deal for Jackomas. I have noticed he was full of energy pacing the side line and riding every play in the first few games and now he just stands there like a stunned mullet. What's Bevo doing next year? SOS to Bevo.

Reply #902674 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I think Siva will make a difference. Probably not enough of a difference to take them out of the basement, but the Hawks are absolutely woeful in the halfcourt, and Sivia at worst is a PG who should at least be able to get them into their sets, and gives them a guy who can make a play when the shotclock is ticking down too.

Harvey is a negative on the court at the moment, even having Coenraad sit outside the three point line with Siva/King would maybe be an improvement - hell, to be honest rolling with 4 shooters and a big playing 4-out simple pick and roll stuff with Froling or Mango would be better than what the Hawks have been doing to this point. It won't help on the other end, but the past two years the Hawks have been largely a one-way team, which is better than being a no-way team like they are right now.

Reply #902679 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Siva five years ago was the answer, his form last season was nbl1 standard. Breakers didn't want him back says a lot.

Reply #902681 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

They should get bevo down there just as an oversee, his wise eyes and basketball brain could help.

Reply #902682 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Siva was battling injury all last season. The year before that he was averaging 10 & 5 in the Euroleague, he can still play.

Reply #902683 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Siva was injured.

I may be wrong but Bevo back in the Gong after what his son did to juniors? Not sure if possible.

Reply #902709 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Bevo shouldn't have to pay for his son’s mistakes. They still live in the gong..

Reply #902713 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

True that.

Hawks may as well get him on board then.

Reply #902714 | Report this post

retired  
Two years ago

Bevo would not help out as he works in Perth at Rockingham where he is making their juniors better players and their Coaches will also become much better under his guidance.

Reply #902891 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Wildcats may as well get him on board then. :p

Reply #902900 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yep, bevo to good to be not involved somewhere.

Reply #902904 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754