Anon
Two years ago

What is your state doing?

Vic election commitments to basketball. Almost 50 new courts plus redevelopments

https://www.basketballvictoria.com.au/news/dollar272m-in-facility-funding-election-commitments?fbclid=IwAR0fEokQ1iWgpcgR6LnLONfR1pJ2sYprn0iMU378641ALifJDxTfTXLET6s

Topic #50571 | Report this topic

KET  
Two years ago

SA Labor declared war on basketball so....

Reply #903422 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

IMO spending / investment should be relevant to number of participants and children playing. I've never seen more playing in SA than now. It was just the new proposed entertainment complex that seemed to get canned - for some reason basketball was pointed out a lot with that but I understood it was a new entertainment centre for multiple events. We need some new ventures / ideas for employment and investment. Forestville are getting a big revamp / increase in size with the State Basketball Centre facilities and that from what I understand Govt supported.

Reply #903445 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Junior basketball participation is absolutely booming in Victoria

Reply #903466 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

numbers are up here in SA too - which is great as so many courtyard / high density urban developments for housing with no yards - roads packed with vehicles - so organized sports / recreational facilities a must. Kids on phones and tablets all the time too.

Reply #903478 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Things going great here in WA!

Community basketball rings are being torn down across Perth due to noise complaints, with a new guideline recommending courts should only be built 100 metres or more from homes.

With many inner-city suburbs tight on space, this recommendation could prove difficult to meet.

Reply #903479 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Haha, oh my, Perthworld and Wait Awhile at its finest.

Reply #903480 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Two years ago

Smashing it in NSW... participation rates through the roof.

Reply #903481 | Report this post

Gazee  
Two years ago

Don't know the number for basketball , but junior cricket as a whole in SA is up 62.6% as a whole since 2020 the biggest jump is junior women’s 5-9 group with a 136% increase in players since 2020 , reports we have been given at club levels shows direct results of wbbl being active at junior levels and
CA increasing its funding of grass roots kids coaching and games by 50% and CA and government subsidising costs if clinics and insurance and club fees by 60% , I’m not sure if basketball do similar , my daughter loves both sports but cricket for insurance and club cost for year is now $80 where it used to be $110 inc gear , where as basketball for same thing is $440 not inc gear

Reply #903489 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Desperate need of courts here in Tasmania, participation through the roof - has been for a decade.

Not enough courts to cope - would love a couple of facilitis like Nunawading or Werribee here in the south of Tas.

Social media camapain but no real action

Reply #903490 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Nunawading?
The worst NBL1 venue in Australia?

Reply #903495 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Wa basketball has been shite for sometime.
Needs an overhaul.

Reply #903501 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Two years ago

Gazee apart from Netball most sports had an increase, COVID would certainly be a factor.

2021/22 Cricket Junior Female Participants: 6,434 (estimated)

2021/22 Basketball Junior Female Participants: 15,154 (estimated)

Gymnastics, Netball and Dancing still lead the way significantly.

Reply #903735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754