GordonG
Two years ago

Bullets v Taipans

This could be fun...

Topic #50618 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

If Brisbane are going to anything it's got start tonight, place is full, will be good atmosphere. Bullets by two.

Reply #904692 | Report this post

Driver8  
Two years ago

What was Forde saying to the camera? At the pub and don't have sound

Reply #904699 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Could not hear what Forde was saying but he wasn't happy.
Rucker stating the Cairns have the beast eight players in the league.
I never though I say this but bullets need Cadee on the court more than Sobey.
Bach is doing well, much better than Krebs.
Brisbane trail by 4, if they can cut the turnovers and don’t shit their pants like previous second half they could win.
While Pinder is still doing well he certainly struggles on big bodies like Baynes, Harrison.
Rucker is a nightmare on the sideline, I’ll even take Heal ahead of him.
Hogg is a fantastic pick up for Cairns, great at both ends.

Reply #904700 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Just tuned in to the game before 1/2.

Brisbane 6/20 v Cairns 4/18 from deep. Ick.

Reply #904701 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two years ago

What a run by Cairns after Brissy got up by 5.
So fun to watch.

Reply #904703 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Cairns defensively turned it up and now they are running away with it

Reply #904705 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

David Newbill can't come soon enough for the Bullets, if they were indeed sniffing around him.

Reply #904706 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I wouldn't think Newbill Japanese club would release him.

Reply #904707 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I haven't followed closely, but his name was mentioned on a broadcast like two weeks ago? Silly me assuming that he would be available if comment was being made?

Reply #904708 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Sobeys shot selection ruined any chance of a Brisbane comeback

Reply #904711 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sobey has been terrible, Brisbane sub like under twelves, everyone got get ago. Brisbane also got so many dumb players.

Reply #904712 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Exactly some very low iq players in Sobey, Harrison, Krebs, Bach and if Cadee is your starting pg you're not going to get very far.

Reply #904713 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Two years ago

That pull up 3 by Mitchell on the 2 on 1 break down 75-74, was brutal. Brisbane stayed close on the scoreboard, but never ever truly looked likely.

Reply #904715 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

We'll take that, thanks :)

Reply #904716 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Cairns such a modern bball team. Full of versatile players, athletes who can defend multiple positions plus shoot threes.

Reply #904722 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Mccall won them the game by fouling out. Cairns should move him on.

Reply #904723 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

More like Duncan won them that game. Brisbane, on paper, isn't bad. But Duncan isn’t utilising his pieces effectively.

Reply #904726 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Duncan is not dishing up what marquee Sobey is, it's been horrible. Baynes while being ok hasn’t been dominant either. Your two top Australian players got be a lot better. Johnson as an import again been ok but not what you expect from an import.

Reply #904728 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Baynes utilisation is poor. The man is huge in the NBL. But they don't create anything close to the bucket for him. I’d have loved to see Baynes on the Wildcats or Breakers.

Reply #904729 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Baynes is shooting 45% on twos, and if you take out the one Hawks game where he bullied the worse team in the league he's 20/49. Yes they need to get him more inside touches, but it's not like he's currently a dominant force who would change their fortunes.

Their biggest issue is closing out games, because they've been in a position to win all but one, and getting the ball in Johnson's hands more late should be a big priority.

He's incredibly efficient, playing like a top Euroleague club import, but Brisbane need him to sacrifice a bit of that to be more prolific.

Apart from that, this club had just been riddled with horror brainfades ever since they came back into the comp. Tough to support them I'd imagine.

Reply #904731 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

"Tough to support them I'd imagine."

Understatement of the year, sadly.

Reply #904733 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

Was a Sobey fan as a 36er. Gee he's a bit of a showboat though, wonder if his attitude is a factor in Brisbanes woes? I don’t know the guy but he comes across a bit self centred.
Another tough season for the Bullets. Be nice to see them strong again, even as a 6er fan.

Reply #904734 | Report this post

mball  
Two years ago

"Gee he's a bit of a showboat though, wonder if his attitude is a factor in Brisbanes woes? I don't know the guy but he comes across a bit self centred."

He was pretty much the same when with the Taipans.

Reply #904737 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

I always though he seemed a bit of a flog with the Sixers but he was definitely a good player so happy to overlook!!

Reply #904740 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Totally forgot Sobey was ever with Cairns

When you realise someone like Sobey did very little until the Age of 26, with JLA and Pinder similar more recently, it's pretty exciting to think what someone like Okwera could become since he's 20 and already playing minutes. With his physical gifts, if he applies himself could become as much of a star as those guys

Reply #904747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754