Dunkman
Two years ago

Kings v hawks

Siva out, Illawarra starting an nbl1 side. George King released.

Kings by millions

Topic #50619 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Goorg and his mate walked away from hawks after they left the place worse than before he got there.

Reply #904759 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Hawks were in administration before that weren't they?

Reply #904762 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

No they weren't, all their debt had been paid off. MCR are still major sponsors and want in with Ball. My friend down there still doesn’t understand it.

Refs trying to keep hawks in it.

Reply #904765 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

No Cooks either. Siva calf injury, he's played his season two games.

Reply #904766 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Kings playing like crap, does Cook mean that much to them.

Reply #904767 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Kings playing like crap, does Cook mean that much to them

Evidently so as they have struggled without him before, for instance the first half of last season when the Kings were languishing outside the top four.

Reply #904768 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

1st plays last. Last (Hawks) giving Kings a lesson. Cook out- big deal. 20-7 Hawks in 4th so far. No intensity in defense & poor options offence.

Reply #904769 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Harvey giving them a lesson. Kings suck today

Reply #904771 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

What should've been a cake run has ended in a cracking game.

Reply #904772 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Poor Hawks.

Reply #904773 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Sydney absolutely kissed on the dick atm. Everything going right.

Reply #904774 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Great 3 pointer. Kings win it but not deserving. Great game from Hawks

Reply #904775 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Shaun Bruce hits the game winning 3 on the buzzer.

Got to feel for the Hawks, David almost beat Goliath although the Kings were missing Cooks.

Reply #904776 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Congratulations to hawks, shoved my early prediction down my throat. Kings very lucky, Noi is still a very poor defender.
Hawks should have brought in two decent imports to help Harvey. Hopefully they can at least keep competitive rest season. Hickey was very good, Harvey great, Froling solid.

Reply #904778 | Report this post

Derider  
Two years ago

Amazing that Hawks found a way to lose that. Really sad.

Reply #904781 | Report this post

Derider  
Two years ago

Like, I can't see them winning another game. It’s not even enough for Harvey to have a blinder. They will always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory no matter what.

Reply #904782 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

C'mon, they have two imports to come into the side, of course they're going to win more games!

Reply #904786 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Respect to the Hawks and their coach, they will continue to improve. That is good for the league.

Reply #904788 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Not if there imports are like the last few they brought in. King, useless, Siva always injured.

Reply #904789 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Come Hawks. Billy Preston and Darrington Hobson please.

Reply #904791 | Report this post

Derider  
Two years ago

"C'mon, they have two imports to come into the side, of course they're going to win more games!"

The only reason they got close today was because Harvey played a blinder, which is increasingly rare, and Kings shot something like 8/35 threes. If they can't even win under these circumstances, I can’t see how they win at all.

And in general, they just can’t close out games.
This is the fourth time this season where they looked to have it won in the last couple of minutes only to let it slip away (the others were Melbourne double OT game, Sydney the first time and Perth).

And the imports have been shocking. Siva can’t shoot (at all) or rebound and King couldn’t do anything. Now they’ll just bring in another dirt cheap journeyman for King and nothing will change. This is the most miserable season I can remember and possibly the worst ever. I just hope it’s not the last.

Reply #904793 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Harvey played a blinder, which is increasingly rare"

His past three games are 21, 25 and 32. I'd say he's in a good patch of form.

Reply #904794 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Harvey's shooting a career low 34.5% from the field this season his poor shooting has been a big factor in the Hawks only winning one game this season.

To be honest he's been fairly disappointing ever since the Hawks gave him that 3 year deal in 2021.

2020-21: 20 ppg @ 41.6% (37.9% 3p)

2021-22: 16.1 ppg @ 40.5% (32.2% 3p)
2022-23: 15.4 ppg @ 34.5% (32.8% 3p)

Reply #904797 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Feel bad for the Hawks after that one tbh, you could see the players and coach were broken when that shot dropped from Bruce.

Hawks did a good job defensively overall as far as breaking up what the Kings tried to do in the halfcourt more often than not. Wani and Hickey both in particular.

Reply #904798 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

The Hawks only shot 57% from the FT line they've got no one to blame but themselves.

Reply #904799 | Report this post

Derider  
Two years ago

The Hawks only shot 57% from the FT line they've got no one to blame but themselves.

They've been a hopeless FT shooting team for years, but the painful thing about today was that even the usually reliable Harvey and Conrad missed at crucial times. Conrad missing the last two with 10 seconds left when they were 2 points up ultimately killed them. Hit those and it would have been all over.

Reply #904801 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

I'm saying the The Sydney vs daylight thing is overdone, after another buzzer beater win, this time against Illawarra minus 2 imports.

Yeah, they were missing Cooks. Arguably the MVP. But still, on their home court against a weakened bottom team.

Reply #904804 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Two years ago

The Hawks on their best day couldn't beat the Kings on their worst. Simple as that really. Kings couldn't shoot it into the ocean last night. Glad to see Froling coming back into some form, and it is great to see TH doing his thing: his floater game is really something else.

But champions find a way. Simon Bruce was huge down the stretch. A very steadying influence. I can't see Bayles lasting another year, he hasn't been the same since his injury last year worse luck. Hunter also coming into his own... had stretches last night where he looked great. Also got lost a few times so work to be done.

Reply #904807 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

To be honest he's been fairly disappointing ever since the Hawks gave him that 3 year deal in 2021.
I noticed the same. Quickly turned into a millstone for a club up against it just trying to stay in the league.

Reply #904808 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I like that we continue to try work Bayles into the rotation but agree, it's
been very mixed results at this point. He looked really promising at times pre-injury and with his build and ability to finish I'm not ready to count him out yet, but his shot has abandoned him so far and it's a crowded spot on our roster. Bruce has also pretty much cemented his spot as PG #2 for the foreseeable future, signed through next season also.

re: Harvey I feel like he just had an insane hot streak shooting-wise season #1 that vanished in the postseason, and he's come back to earth since then. He's shown glimpses of it since, but not consistently and I wonder what that deal was worth given they bought high.

Reply #904810 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"The Hawks on their best day couldn't beat the Kings on their worst."

This was far from the Hawks' best day.

Reply #904816 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Harvey's shooting a career low 34.5% from the field this season"

He has shot 50% from the floor and 45% from three the past three games, averaging 26ppg. Yes he had a poor patch following Robinson's injury, but he appears to be back on track now.

Reply #904818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754