Mystro
Two years ago

Jackjumpers ban unruly fan

The Tasmania Jackjumpers have revoked the membership and banned them from future fixtures the spectator who threw a handclapper in the direction of the NZ Breakers bench during their game on Friday night.

Head Coach Scott Roth as soon as he was made aware of what happened went straight down to that section of fans and let fire with a verbal sparay and the Jackjumpers as a club were very quick to identify the culprit and censure their behavior.

Topic #50620 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

They have really started this club on the right note in every way. Congratulations is clearly due.

Reply #904825 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Fair play. No space for that crap in the NBL show at least a basic level of self control and decorum would ya please Tassies

Reply #904826 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Tassie fans at times can be feral at times and I thought the Adelaide and Perth fans were bad. When I was at both games last season I had no issues luckily but my other friends who went got hassled a bit, it's not on.

It’s good being a passionate fan but there’s a time and place not to go overboard and wreck other people’s experience of the game.

Good on the JackJumpers making this stance. I hope Tassie lose some more games so reality can set in and the fans can settle down a bit, last year was a fluke.

Reply #904839 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Not certain fluke is the right word, you just have to beat what's in front of you. JJs did that enough times to play in the GF.

Reply #904844 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

I applaud them for how Roth and their Front Office handled this situation.

Reply #904851 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

" and I thought the Adelaide and Perth fans were bad"

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? Have you been to Perth/Adelaide home games and felt that it was a bit feral?

I always thought all the basketball crowds I have ever been to have been anything but feral, from Melbourne to Sydney to Adelaide to Perth.

Reply #904853 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

NBL Tigers - "year was a fluke"

Ok, pleased to be able to take cheap shots. Jackjumpers beat what was in front of them.

Reply #904857 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754