Michael Frazier signs with Hawks.

Topic #50622 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Lol

Reply #904843 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

They were reported as needing rebounds, so strange they went with a 3 man instead of a 4-5 man.

We never saw the best of Frazier except that last game or two at season end. He needs to come out and make a splash - and hopefully stay out of injury which seemed to plague him last season. Wasnt really a game winner as imports go, and this team needs more a player that can put the team on their back e.g. Pardon style in NZ.

Where has he been for the last 6 months is an interesting question ? Is he match fit ?

Reply #904845 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

He was really average with Perth but that might have been a bad fit. His strengths are defence so they see as defensive stalwart like Cleveland

Reply #904846 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Wasnt really a game winner as imports go, and this team needs more a player that can put the team on their back e.g. Pardon style in NZ."

I would say Pardon and Frazier are similar in their approach, rebound, defend and finish plays, albeit at different positions and at different efficiencies. He ticks those boxes for Illawarra, but they need someone to stretch the floor in that spot and he has been inconsistent at that.

Reply #904849 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Two years ago

All the best to him. He was an absolute professional through until the end at Perth last year. I'm my opinion, he was a victim of poor roster construction at the start of the season, and then poor list management at the end. Hope he does well

Reply #904850 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

As a cats fan if he comes out firing from downtown I will be happy for him, but also slightly pi$t off!

Reply #904852 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

He had a hell of a game to end the season I remember, almost kept the Cats playoff streak alive.

Reply #904854 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Just looked up his numbers. His first seven games he averaged 7.3rpg, his last three he averaged 17.3ppg on 10/20 from three. If he could mix those two then Hawks fans would be very happy and Perth fans despairing!

Reply #904855 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I feel a bit for the Hawks if this guy is the best they could do. Frazier was a dud last season in Perth and is probably worse than King. Even though I disliked Randall being on my team the Hawks could've really used him especially with Harvey's decline, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Reply #904866 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Billy Preston -----> Darrington Hobson -----> Michael Frazier.

Reply #904873 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

It's a budget signing of course, but I think it makes the Hawks more competitive in any case. Offensively this is of course Harvey's team, and he's going to need to be a 20PPG+ scorer which, maybe its fool's gold, but he's shown glimpses of the last few rounds. Froling ideally would be a 12-16ppg guy each night, but he hasn't shown able to do that consistently.

Defensively this is a stronger side, and Wani and Frazier gives Illawarra a strong defensive unit on the perimeter. Hawks are going to need to keep teams below 80-75 points territory to have a shot most nights.

Reply #904891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754