Zodiac
Two years ago

Zhou Qi quits SEM Phoenix

I'm a bit surprised it took this long with how little he's been playing compared to last season.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/phoenix-lose-import-zhou-qi-221024240.html

Now they've got no choice they have to play Pineau.

Topic #50702 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Family reasons, I call bs on this one.

Reply #906944 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Agree, Weedy.

He was no doubt given the 'honourable' option to leave before he was pushed.

Reply #906945 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

He was clearly frustrated on the bench and he wanted nothing to do with his teammates when they were getting into the huddle. Lack of gametime etc, broken promises maybe.

Reply #906947 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

He hasn't been good, strange though as SEM got injuries now as well. Pineau will be fine, like what he gives.

Reply #906948 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

No great loss, they'll only miss him if Williams or Pineau get injured

Reply #906952 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

He's pretty much been injured the whole time he’s been back anyway. Family reasons always sounds dubious but Covid is reeking havoc in China right now so could be true

Reply #906954 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Two years ago

Cousin not well

Reply #906957 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Under-utilised last season with SEM, surprised when he re-signed with them tbh.

Wonder how he may have fared with United, who reportedly chased him once Hukporti went down. He surely would have had more playing opportunity.

Reply #906988 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

The reality is he didn't offer much, not his league, surprised he came back, that being said he’d be an upgrade for a lot of teams right now

Reply #906993 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Zhou was very sick before he arrived, then got injured. He hasn't had a chance to really get any form this season so it's not really reflective of what he can offer the Phoenix.

He was quite good last season before Broekhoff went down, but the changes the Phoenix then made to their defence to cover for Rowdy's absence really had a big negative impact of Zhou and his ability to stay on the floor.

Reply #906995 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

I would have loved to see how he would have went in a Jackjumpers uniform, especially with how little they have had of Magnay.

Would the Jackjumpers still be able to defend the same way with the big fella ?

A player of his ability is what I think JJs lack in terms of me rating them higher (Krslovic and Bairstow are only in the team due to their height and work ethic, they aren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination).

Reply #907044 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two years ago

You guys come on. He has a young kid and wife at home. someone in the family must be genuine sick. There was a reason he didn't come straight away and must be the same thing. Grow up you guys

Reply #907102 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

It looked like he got the crunch time minutes over Williams in the win against Sydney and had a +/- of +15 (best on the team), so to say he wasn't of use isn't quite accurate.

Having said that, it did seem odd having him and Williams on the same team.

Reply #907110 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

It's not uncommon to have two good centres on a roster as generally big guys can't play at high intensity for as long as perimeter players.

Reply #907113 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Wasn't Williams fouled out?

Reply #907124 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game

Reply #907128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754