Perthworld
Two years ago

Rescheduled Breakers games

Update from NZ Breakers:

Our game against the Perth Wildcats will now be played on Tuesday 10 January 2023 at RAC Arena at 11.30pm NZT (6:30pm WST local) and our game against the Brisbane Bullets will now be played on Saturday 4 February at Nissan Arena at 10pm NZT (7pm EST local).

Topic #50704 | Report this topic

BG  
Two years ago

Another week day home game for Perth. NBL needs to stop scheduling so many weekday games (for all teams), it's really impacting interest and attendance. I don’t think many New Zealanders will be tuning in at 11:30pm on a Tuesday to watch either.

Reply #907059 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Games are rescheduled to suit the teams not the supporters.

Reply #907060 | Report this post

BG  
Two years ago

Yeah, I'm understanding of the fact it’s unusual circumstances needing to reschedule, just frustrating to lose a Friday night game and have it replaced by a Tuesday. I’ve been a member for over 10 years and this season feels like it has been one of the worst fixtured ones I can remember for Perth.

3 Thursday night home games in a row, followed by a Monday home game and then first home game back is now a Tuesday.

Plus a fair few away games have been weekdays too which aren’t ideal for viewing on TV too in Perth especially with the time difference meaning they start late arvo.

I’m not sure of the numbers, but crowds and interest definitely seems to be down this season in Perth. I’m not sure why the NBL would want to hurt its biggest market. Perth absolutely thrives on Friday games and it works well for double headers on TV. Unless they were just banking on Perth being popular enough to get decent enough crowds despite an average fixture?

Across the league though I don’t think the weekday fixtures arent great for any teams crowd numbers.

Reply #907061 | Report this post

WC95  
Two years ago

Good TV deal = lousy fixtures for crowds. I sure hope next season sees a return to Friday and Sunday home games because I can't imagine members will continue to show support on so many mid week games.

Reply #907092 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Most big leagues in the world play mid week plus weekends, it's the price for good broardcasting deals.

Reply #907095 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Tuesday games in early Jan are fine IMO.
It's not a school night.

Reply #907097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754