Bullets
Two years ago

All NBL 1st Team so far

If the season finished now, there is a good chance 3 Locals would make the first team.

I think Cooks, Pinder and Creek would make it with Walton Jr and Cotton.

When is the last time 3 locals made the first team?
Surely would be a fair while.

Topic #50706 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Second team would be difficult.

Reply #907100 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Long way to go yet, I'll wait and see how season pans out.

Reply #907101 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Cooks, Pinder and Creek Can't all make it.

2 Bigs 3 Smalls

Reply #907103 | Report this post

kbev  
Two years ago

As it is 2 bigs and 3 smalls, I'd go

Cooks
Pinder (but very hard to pick against Creek)
Doyle
Walton Jr
Cotton

Reply #907107 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

Time for an All NBL 3rd team too and All NBL defensive team (the more awards we can give out the better in my eyes with a view on how those players are seen overseas).

But my All NBL first team is

Pinder, Cooks, Hogg, Cotton, McDowell-White

All NBL 2nd team is

Williams, Creek, Doyle, Barry Brown Jr, Walton Jr.

All NBL 3rd team

Pardon, McVeigh, Rathan-Mayes, Harvey, Scott

Considerations - Adelaide players are so inconsistent, Sobey is getting a little healthier, Tucker is getting better, Gary Browne has shown glimpses of being a star as has Trey Kell and Jarrell Brantley should be feeling very left out as he has been awesome

Disappointing NBL team so far

Baynes (understandable why he hasn't been league MVP calibre but we'd still love to all see it), Sam Froling (needs to dominate the league for his team to compete and can), Broekhoff (and Abercrombie due to injury), McCall (makes too many errors) and Justin Robinson (injury when I was so excited to see him and Payton Siva (does a lot of team related things but just doesn't influence a game enough

Reply #907112 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Sam Froling, a 22-year-old producing some awesome games, has not been disappointing!

Reply #907114 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

1st: Pinder, Cooks, Creek, Brown, Cotton

2nd: Williams, Brantley, Cleveland, Doyle, Walton

*Yes I know the NBL now assigns players inside and outside and dictates 2-3, which restricts voters. It should just be a minimum of two bigs and minimum of two guards if they want to ensure balance in the team

Reply #907115 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two years ago

"Cooks, Pinder and Creek Can't all make it.

2 Bigs 3 Smalls"

At 195cm, Creek is small.

Reply #907123 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

I'm a massive Sam Froling fan and yes being only 22 should come into play but he is too nice, he should be demanding the ball as he is every bit the best player at Illawarra now and yet we see him go into his shell a little too much.

I hope next season he gets more support as it's embarrassing watching how inept Illawarra look at certain stages of games, and yet they can look as good as anyone at times too.

Reply #907125 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

MrBlurter your comment tells me you actually don't understand basketball

Reply #907126 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two years ago

"MrBlurter your comment tells me you actually don't understand basketball"

You go with that.

He trialed in the NBA as a SG, he was put into the 4 spot under to make numbers.

Reply #907132 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"I'm a massive Sam Froling fan and yes being only 22 should come into play but he is too nice, he should be demanding the ball as he is every bit the best player at Illawarra now and yet we see him go into his shell a little too much."

There is definitely truth to this, but it's part of his development as a player, which takes time and is going well. Which 22 year olds and under in the NBL are better than Sam right now?

Reply #907137 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

@anonymightymouse

That is a tremendous question regarding the best player at his age in the NBL... I guess I'm just scared that Sam will be Harry in a couple of years and nobody wants to see that.

Harry himself would have had so much more opportunity had he stayed with the Hawks this season

Reply #907275 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Yeah it's been sad to see Harry regress after such a promising start.

Reply #907276 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Did the Hawks want Harry to stay? It seemed like Brisbane was his only option

Reply #907282 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754