A - Phoenix 10+
B - Phoenix 20+
C - Phoenix 30+
D - Phoenix 40+

I'll take B.

Topic #50708 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

SEM will be well undermanned, Broekhoff and Brown big outs, no recovery time from last game, lots of travel, this smells upset written all over it. Are bullets capable of causing an upset, this game will tell, should be closer than table positions.

Reply #907116 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

No Gak, Johnson, Krebs or Harrison for Brisbane. Both teams seriously undermanned.

Reply #907117 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Dunkman, don't do it, don't you tip the Blanks. You know better.

Semi-related, just listened to yesterday's Huddle pod with Bullets co-owner Jason Levien.

No real hard-hitting questions from Santa (no surprise) but he did at least ask a few decent ones, all of which were danced around masterfully by Levien. So if anyone wanted genuine insight as to what's going on with Brisbane right now, you weren't getting it from this interview.

Main takeaways for me were:
- Vandy could stay on as head coach for remainder of season, zero mention of Todd Purves from Santa and Levien
- CEO Peter McLennann has been the chief decision maker to this point re hirings/firings
- Ownership is looking ahead to the Olympics, when a far larger playing venue will likely avail itself to the Blanks. It wasn't explicitly said, but I'm assuming Levien was referring to the mooted stadium that would be built near where Roma St Station is.

Reply #907118 | Report this post

Aussie  
Two years ago

Yeah I watched it too.

No real answers to any of the pressing questions.

According to an article in the Daily Telegraph, the Bullets have gone away from signing Purves.

Levien seemed to talk the talk but let's see if he can walk the walk

Reply #907130 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes I watched it as well, wasted half hour. I still think the over reaction sacking the coach needs to be answered, they have actually been worse since his departure.

Ben in actuality not tipping either.

Reply #907139 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Considering bullets are so shit, excellent crowd in watching.

Horrible call against Williams, no way that is a charge.

Reply #907152 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Hopefully we don't get to much home cooking, every doubtful call helping bullets.

Reply #907153 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Back to calling stupid fouls on defenders defending the back down.

Reply #907155 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Cade 0/5. There's a reason why he’s open. Everyone knows that on a normal night he can’t shoot. Needs to just be a playmaker.

Reply #907156 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Williams went down hurt, be interesting if he's back. Pineau just steps in and plays, he might not be a starter in this league but he’s far better than just sitting at the end bench waiting for injuries. If SEM aren’t going to give him opportunities he should look elsewhere.
Ok game neither side playing fantastic, Creek just doing as will.

Reply #907158 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

No one can coach this side to win. While Sobey can get points, he needs a lot ball and is defensively poor.

Reply #907160 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cadee and Sobey both very experienced guards, how many finals games have they played, I would not think many, it might have something to with lack of defensive ability.

Reply #907161 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

This game has been as tough to watch as the commentary has been to listen to.

Reply #907163 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Yes Ben it has.
Congratulations to Brisbane supporters for still turning up.
SEM very professional, Brisbane just woeful.
Baynes is either injured or should be retiring.
As usual the easy option is sack the coach.
So many bullets players opinion of them selves is exaggerated, there is no team in I.
Congratulations to SEM, injuries and still keep at it.

Reply #907165 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Copeland on the jump commenting certain Bris players not getting along, who do you think he is referring to? Is Sobey a bad team mate or is it just his face? Is Baynes too much of loud mouth who so far isnt backing it up this season? Arrogant import with attitude? Who can it be?

Reply #907168 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

For starters, Sobey and Baynes were seen arguing during a time-out last week, so that may be an obvious answer.

Harry has never endeared himself to teammates, that was certainly the go first time around with Brisbane during the bubble season.

Heard Mitchell had been a prat while Duncan was there.

Reply #907172 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"For starters, Sobey and Baynes were seen arguing during a time-out last week, so that may be an obvious answer."

I wouldn't read too much into that in isolation, best mates will argue at times when things aren't going well on court. But if there is more to it that's certainly not healthy, not that anything is healthy about the Bullets at the moment!

Reply #907174 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Two years ago

Players have threatened to boycott games. Players on the team are in a situation that none of them want to be in. McKinnon was in Adelaide sniffing for a job when JVG left. Owners are forcing him out. 4 coaches in one season says plenty about management add in so known head strong people and its as toxic as can be.

Reply #907177 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:05 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754