Dunkman
Two years ago

JJs v breakers. Boxing Day.

Love the way both these sides go about it, all team first and both coaches would be in the running COY.
JJs at home is a decent advantage, Magnay has been a good return. WMW has been very good for breakers and could be the difference. McVeigh has been great but really is a three and could be a little undersized against Brantley. Abercrombie is still great.

Now to kill any chance of NZ winning I'm tipping them by 8 to 12, just think there bench is better.

Topic #50720 | Report this topic

Knowall  
Two years ago

WMW out with illness

Reply #907441 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Big loss WMW out, should make it a lot closer. NZ by 2

Reply #907442 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

JJ's for the win - No WMW and breakers haven’t played for awhile due to covid

Reply #907443 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Give me the underdog JJs by 4.

Reply #907454 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

14 seconds in. 1st foul.

Reply #907456 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Princess Mary of Denmark in the building. Basketball the international game.

Reply #907457 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

JJs by 10@1/4. NZ so many turnovers.

Reply #907458 | Report this post

Jacket  
Two years ago

Right, time to watch the BBL.
This is absolutely unbearable this league.
Foul after foul after foul

Reply #907460 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Buy jacket.

Home cooking hurting nz. WMW is a bigger loss than you would believe.

Montagna very caller.

Reply #907461 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

23 fouls in the 1st half. Seriously!!!

Reply #907462 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Montagna very good caller, rowdy also good with Santa.

Reply #907463 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Breakers sucking big time. This could get ugly

Reply #907464 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Breakers 11/22 free throws. Yep you can't win missing that many

Reply #907465 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very unbreakers performance.

Reply #907466 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

Brown Jnr butchering the ball. Breakers defense clueless.

Reply #907467 | Report this post

Jatz  
Two years ago

JJ's way too good. Breakers poor in offense & defense. JJ’s had all the answers but Breakers offered little.

Reply #907469 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Does anyone know if there was anyone of importance in the crowd tonight? Thought I'd ask as I’ve been watching the entire game and haven’t once heard the commentary team mention anyone with a regal designation or otherwise was watching on.

Reply #907470 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Great game to be at, just home.

Magnay had a huge game, both he and Doyle had 3 fouls at the half but played the game out.

JJs defence very impressive.

Couple of daggers from McVeigh sealed it. Having Magette and Doyle handling the ball is very assuring for a JJs supporter.

Reply #907471 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

No problems with them mentioning royalty from Denmark in the crowd, the afl talk up nobodies in there crowds.

JJs just to good, breakers clearly missing WMW and even Loe. Still a enjoyable game.

Reply #907472 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yes Dunkman Breakers may be missing a couple....McDaniel and Kenyon still out for the JJs with Stiendl and Magnay still coming back into the rotation.

All teams deal with injuries.

Reply #907474 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

@ Scout, as I said, JJs to good, I just think that WMW is a massive loss for nz. It won't happen but breakers v JJs GF I’d be very happy with.

I thought tonight commentary was far better than yesterday as well.

Reply #907475 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Didn't mind Rowdy. Gibbo is a bit of a tool though.

Reply #907476 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

I mentioned in the All NBL first team thread that WMW is my pick for starting PG and I expected so much hate for saying it but the Breakers would not be anywhere near as good this year without him and tonight albeit a small sample size (thanks Santamaria) is proof of his importance.

Jackie's were fun

Reply #907478 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

WMW is very, very important to NZ, but don't undersell how important McDaniel and Kenyon are to the JJ's defence.

Reply #907479 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

WMW steers the ship, while the other two are good at what they do, there pieces in the rotations is easier to fill. WMW job is a lot harder to fill.

Reply #907485 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

Did the TV coverage pick up on Pardon refusing to shake Magnay's hand and the wanting to fight him post-game?

Reply #907486 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Strange, the nbl missed it. Magnay said Pardon should be all-NBL team in the press. Magnay must of been sarcastic, not surprised from him because he has a bad history from people I spoke too.

Reply #907489 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Who are you referring to NBLTigers - Pardon or Magnay?

Reply #907490 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Magnay was in the press, he said Pardon should be all-nbl first team. Who knows really I just thought it was strange saying that when they had a disagreement after the game.

Reply #907491 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Magnay was in the press, he said Pardon should be all-nbl first team. Who knows really I just thought it was strange saying that when they had a disagreement after the game.

Reply #907492 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

NBLTigers - so you believe Magnay has history and you are having a crack at him?

Reply #907496 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

Thought that comment from Magnay was genuine. Pardon just seemed wound up and Magnay was bemused by the reaction from my view.

Reply #907497 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Agree AntAntAnt, they both played hard with some niggle but Magnay seemed bemused more than having a crack

Reply #907498 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"WMW steers the ship, while the other two are good at what they do, there pieces in the rotations is easier to fill. WMW job is a lot harder to fill."

I think you just undersold what Kenyon and McDaniel do! Defending the best perimeter players is not easy to replace. One out can be filled, but both of them leaves a big hole.

Reply #907512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754