Reader
Two years ago

Forde suggests United caused Pinder injury

Keanu Pinder has been ruled out of tomorrow's game. His coach, Adam Forde, had some strong comments about how United defended him (as well as a cheeky shot at Adelaide signing Ian Clark?)

__

Forde believes Pinder was directly pinpointed by United and isn't getting protected.

"It’s one thing to send a double team, it’s another thing to have guards sliding in at all different angles to try and draw, whether it’s a charge, a block, or a no call, regardless of what the officials call it, the result is Keanu is picking himself up off the floor. That’s jeopardising his ankles, that’s jeopardising his health," Forde bluntly stated.

“I’m asking for protection for Keanu out there because they [United] make no secret about him being targeted, they make no secret about him being a key focus of their defence, but the reality is he’s so dynamic, he’s so athletic and so gifted that they don’t have anybody necessarily capable of defending him one on one.

“We will see how he pulls up in the next couple of days ... this jeopardies our season because we don’t have the luxury to bring someone else in, [like] an NBA champion in mid-season.”

“They want to talk about MVP contentions, but he is still being spoken to and treated like a scrub out there. If the message is nobody is going to protect him, you need to think about what he is going to do for his future,” Forde added.

“His career is potentially going to take off, financially rewarding for him. There’s a level of how much does he want to jeopardise that knowing that some of the tactics that are being employed by how teams defend him could rule him out for the rest of the year.”

From: https://nbl.com.au/news/taipans-claim-united-targeted-star

Topic #50733 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Lol.

Reply #907806 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Doesn't have the luxury of bringing an NBA champion in because they already have 3 imports. Not because they don't have the money.

Reply #907808 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

Peatling's fouls should be looked at, they are often crude & unnecessary, almost as if he is deliberately trying to injure someone. It’s a bad look for the league & it’s not just against Pinder

Reply #907821 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

You obviously haven't watched the footage of the Pinder foul if you think it was intentional.

Reply #907823 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two years ago

I haven't watched that game at all, just talking about Peatling in general but doesn’t surprise that it’s a Peatling foul in question

Reply #907825 | Report this post

LJ  
Two years ago

Perhaps you should look at the footage before commenting. Pinder dunked and Peatling was standing there and he landed on his foot. Peatling didn't move at all. Those sorts of injuries happen all the time in basketball. The Tucker one was a foul and was called correctly. Such a strange outburst from Forde considering there was nothing in either play.

Reply #907835 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Forde is happy when no one plays D on his star, when teams decide he needs to be marked and contested at the ring and his star isn't as good anymore he complains.
Cotton gets bashed every game for seasons, I might be wrong but I didn’t hear any of the Perth coaches complaining about it. It’s a tough game and the closer to the basket the tougher it is, look at Longley and Bogut, the injuries they carry with them still today.

Reply #907839 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I watched the replay, nothing in it, certainly nothing untoward by Peatling. I didn't see the interview with Forde and have read United response.
Did Forde come straight out and say Peatling targeted Pinder, if so I’d be asking for retraction and apology from Forde. You can’t go around talking lies like that.

Reply #907844 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Sure united are going to play harder on Pinder but to say it was delibrste is idiotic. Wasn't even reckless. Zaza on Kawhi was reckless.

Reply #907846 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Dunkman, NBL put the Forde interview on their facebook page. Agree he should apologise and retract.

Reply #907848 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

So is Pinder playing tonight?

Reply #907849 | Report this post

GordonG  
Two years ago

@KET "So is Pinder playing tonight?"

No, ruled out.

Reply #907850 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Thx Melbourne

Reply #907853 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754