GordonG
Last year

SUZY BATKOVIC OLY APPOINTED TO BA BOARD

January 9, 2023

Suzy Batkovic one of Australia's most decorated basketballers has been appointed to the BA Board.

A three-time Olympian winning 2 silvers and a bronze, Suzy has played at the highest level of basketball in the USA, Europe and Australia winning a bronze medal at the FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup in 2002. Known as one of Australia’s toughest competitors Suzy has won countless awards including 5 WNBL championship titles, 6 x WNBL MVP, 7 x WNBL All-Star five team and 4 x WNBL top shooter. Her legacy lives on in the WNBL with the Suzy Batkovic MVP award named after her.

Suzy was part of the inaugural Townsville Fire team in 2001, she is now an elected Councillor at the Townsville City Council and Chairperson for the 2032 Legacy Working Group.

John Carey Chair- Basketball Australia is delighted to welcome Suzy to the Board.

"Suzy’s basketball pedigree is unmatched, her passion for the game and in particular her work to increase the profile of women’s sport makes her an invaluable board member. As a Councillor she is adept at managing multiple stakeholders to achieve mutual outcomes. She certainly needs no introduction, and we welcome her to the Board, we are excited for the contribution that she will make," said Carey.

“I’m excited and honoured to join the BA Board and I welcome the opportunity to give back to the sport that gave me so much over my 20 plus year career. I look forward to working with the Board to continue to grow the sport from grass roots to the elite level,” said Batkovic.

Suzy commences her Board tenure on 9 January.

END

Topic #50764 | Report this topic

Footloose  
Last year

Wonderful appointment for BA. Hopefully she can be an instigator of change

Reply #908781 | Report this post

Old Coach  
Last year

Can't be any worse than Keneally

Reply #908804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754