Rr
Last year

Big V player signings

Any player signings at any clubs?

Topic #50770 | Report this topic

Jorge  
Last year

word on the net....7 footer import Jordan Dickerson to Sunbury. Troyce Manassa to Hume. Aj Williams to Keyesborough

Reply #908994 | Report this post

Moose56  
Last year

Heard on the grapevine

Chris Kaba to Hume
Chris Elder to Hume
Derek Murphy (Import) to Shepparton
Calvin Enge back to Keysborough
Sharif Black and Nate Davis back at McKinnon
Briana Gray at McKinnon
April Hudelson at Chelsea

Reply #909141 | Report this post

HoopAnon6  
Last year

Sunbury Relaoding
Trevon Carter - Import or Naturalised?
Max Barkerley - Naturalised
Ish Sanders - Import
Jordan Dickerson - Import as reported above
+ Aussie content by the looks of it

New H/C at Camberwell

Any others????

Reply #909818 | Report this post

Esky98  
Last year

Clayton is naturalised like Barkeley.

Reply #909869 | Report this post

AssistantsPen  
Last year

Sunbury will be strong again
Any word on Werribee and what they are doing with imports they were late to arrive last season just before it got started and still won the chip.
Camberwell coach is the guy from RMIT
Shepperton look like they have a good squad again for D1

Reply #909994 | Report this post

HoopAnon6  
Last year

Still pretty quiet around the league.

Any practice matches happening around?
I saw Wyndham promoting a game vs Waverley on the weekend, any results?

Reply #911641 | Report this post

Red ‘n’ blue  
Last year

Chelsea spending up big?
Might win a game or 2

Reply #912329 | Report this post

BB  
Last year

Chelsea seem to have gone into rebuild mode which is a good idea. They'll have a more successful season.

Hearing that Melbourne Uni, Keysborough and Bellarine have loaded up to make the jump up to Championship! They have imports and strengthened their locals. Looking forward to what should be a good level of competition this year.

Sherbrooke women are looking really strong throughout the preseason as well. They’ll fit nicely into Champ. Expect a new look squad at McKinnon women with Anstey moving on.

Reply #912353 | Report this post

Rr  
Last year

Chelsea men looking damn good. They matched keysy last nite

Reply #912382 | Report this post

Pud  
Last year

The players Chelsea have signed don't have great credentials, and I guarantee they won't be getting paid any more than minimum expenses.

Reply #912391 | Report this post

Relaxed coach  
Last year

At some stage, I guess all clubs are going to have to start questioning. What is the purpose of spending on imports and journeyman players in BigV ?

Even championship is a second-tier league to NBL1 Is this supposed to be a step for your junior development moving into seniors? Because it's not. Lot of jr talent go straight past Sr into NBL1 from Youth League.

So if focus is a destination for the non NBL talent, why the need for imports?

Just a thought.

Reply #912400 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Last year

Wouldn't mind seeing no imports in the divisions. D2 definitely. You can have a stud import carry a team on his own with how low the standard is.
Build and get promotion on back of local core then add an import as they go up

Reply #912406 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Last year

I'd say it's ok to employ an import in lower grades as they can help around the club in many other ways, junior engagement, crowds, domestic exposure to pathways, etc.

It's more questionable whether you pay a local rather than give the spot to a home grown club player, unless it's a payment derived from the actual teams sponsors.

Reply #912433 | Report this post

AssistantsPen  
Last year

I would argue that some of these imports aren't being paid at all, lot of guys in this league on no money and just want the exposure trying to go up the leagues etc, many are just having their VISA covered ($500) and registration all this talk of teams spending big money I think a lot of the time its smoke and mirrors.

Reply #912515 | Report this post

Red ‘n’ blue  
Last year

Come on,there has to be more news about the upcoming season.the start is just around the corner

Reply #912958 | Report this post

Juice  
Last year

BigV is dead

Reply #912981 | Report this post

BB  
Last year

Nobody talks on here anymore because it turns into a debate between Chelsea and Southern Peninsula!!

Champ Men clearly going to be Wyndham and Sunbury as favourites again. Melbourne Uni and Keysborough will be good challengers. Hearing Maboobi to Melb Uni. Hume will be stronger than 2022.

Women will be much similar to 2022. Bulleen and Wyndham best? Maybe a new look McKinnon might give a good challenge and I think Sherbrooke will be okay with a similar squad plus A couple Southern Pen girls

Reply #913014 | Report this post

Rr  
Last year

BB You on sum good drugs

Reply #913127 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754