Ben
Last year

Kings @ Blanks - Wed 11th Jan

Tips 7:30pm VIC/NSW.

There is a popular meme format where a young petite lady sits on a couch, whilst five rather large men stand behind her.

The Kings are those men, Bullets the lady. Pray for Brisbane people.

Topic #50772 | Report this topic

Jatz  
Last year

I know the Kings are good & Bullets suck but how can a team have zero idea in defence? Bullets no idea

Reply #908960 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Poor girl/Blanks being shown no mercy tonight.

Reply #908961 | Report this post

You can lose like the Hawks and then you can lose like the Bullets. Say a lot about the personnel and organisation.

Reply #908962 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Bullets down by 30* & Gak still can't get court time. What’s the point of having the same losing players out there all night & every game? Just dumb. Season done. Experienced players done zero. Get the young guys out for some court time

Reply #908963 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Last year

Absolutely spot on... Would rather be a Hawks fan than a Blanks fan right about now, that's for sure... Just saw the score before coming up to take the kids to bed and the minute that I watched, I can't even comprehend how Blanks fans are feeling right now...

Reply #908964 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Finally Gak gets some time. It's men playing boys out there. Stop the fight

Reply #908965 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

H Froling could be out of the league next year after being ROY and doing nothing. Still a massive fat f**k who has pissed away natural talent due to no ability to control his work ethic nor what goes into his mouth.

Reply #908967 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

49 point smashing. Bullets are awful. They just put up no resistance. Forget about head office stuff. Clean the joint out. The experienced players on the roster just don't try.

Reply #908968 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Felt like I was watching an NBL team playing an NBL1 team.

As for Harry Froling, I agree totally. The absolute worst scenario would be for him to go to Hawks and hold back Sam from being as good as he can be.

Reply #908969 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Kody Stattmann was let out there for about five minutes, wide open most of the time and barely got to see the ball. Hope he's coming back to at least play for the Marlins this season

Reply #908972 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Harry was spotted out on the piss in Brisbane a week ago getting spoken to by the boys in blue. Nuff said.

Reply #908978 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

BNE 116-67 SYD

Now that's a proper fisting.

Reply #908979 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Can't recall a worse beating. And I’ve been witness to some lemon teams in 30 years of following Brisbane, all of which had far lesser rosters.

Reply #908980 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

NBL @NBL 2h
The Kings 49-point winning margin is the biggest during the 40-minute era

Reply #908981 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last year

Perhaps he approached the boys in blue seeking some alternate career options.

Reply #908982 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Well he was at a Maccas so perhaps he was asking THEM for career options.

Reply #908983 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

After the success of its Next Stars program maybe the NBL should introduce a Fat Camp one.

NBLxThe Biggest Loser

Reply #908984 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Last year

Did perthworld seriously post that?

Reply #908986 | Report this post

proud  
Last year

Wait the police would want Harry Froling in their ranks, that would be the epitome of always getting a job based on being a large human.

Serious question, if you were a rival NBL team would you ever give any consideration to having a Brisbane Bullets import from this season for NBL24 because I think Johnson would have slotted in awesome as a spark plug off the bench for Adelaide that's been taken by Ian Clark but I feel like you look elsewhere as they are just too much of a basket case to be taken seriously.

Sydney Kings deserve all the credit though, their bench looks scary

Reply #908988 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

Johnson could play a similar role to Barry Brown very effectively.

Reply #908990 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

So the sacking of Duncan showed that he was the scapegoat for poor team selections and bad management. At least he had them trying to play D. Most losses in that time were between 5 to 15 points. They also had a few good wins. Brisbane just had to many players that were stats padders and expect other players to play D. Clean the joint out starting at the top, the fans deserve better. Put some of the signed players on the free agent list and see if they can salvage something in the next season. No proven coach is going to go near the joint.

Reply #908999 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I've said it before, Sydney then daylight, certainly now they’ll get home court advantage. No team is ever guaranteed a title but Sydney has the deepest bench by far, a few of them starters in other teams.
Smith always said he’d make money and with there crowds and sponsor dollars he is. This will keep the kings strong for season to continue.

Reply #909000 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Sydney are 7-5 against the top seven teams, so it's definitely not daylight for mine. They are certainly in a rich vein of form at the moment, but bigger tests to come.

Reply #909004 | Report this post

Pointguard  
Last year

Spot on regarding Harry, lacks work ethic, takes short cuts and commitment, waste d his potential

Reply #909005 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Froling only really had his outlier season as a rookie. His rocky college career had red flags on him, but really seemed on the cusp of being a decent NBL centre. If his 3 point range continued to develop, maybe he had potential to play a bit in NBA as a stretch big. Just the whole psychological side of things caught up with him. Did he ever have to deal with failure and being told no coming through juniors, and did he just rely on physical gifts and not work hard enough to increase them to an elite level. Athletically he seems to be a Paul Rees type, just without the toughness, hard work and team first attitude. Just seems to be like his royal namesake, even a resemblance there.
As for Sydney, they deserve favouritism due to being on top. But they're hardly dominating like the Bulls/Warriors dynasties. The next level of contenders just seem to keep having hiccups that lead to a small gulf happening. Sydney's trump card is Cooks, he's really driving the King's engine, would say he's the unanimous MVP. Anything happens to him and they instantly fall. And in a playoff series, coaches can implement a strategy to try and slow him down. If it came down to a finals of Sydney and New Zealand, would give Breakers a decent shot at taking it out, have size and X factors that would make it very interesting.

Reply #909006 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754