Ben
Last year

Sixers @ Jacks - Thurs night

Don't think there’s a thread already.

I want to buy ALL of those Tassie jerseys, so good.

Topic #50778 | Report this topic

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Those uniforms of Adelaide is like going back into my teenage years. Watching those epic Perth V Sixers battles. The gray coke Perth uniforms v Adelaide blue and those white uniforms

Reply #909050 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Too bad they aren't the 'DEVILS' jerseys, in fact they're not being sold online either.

Trademark reasons?

Reply #909051 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Adelaide's defence is putrid

Reply #909052 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Might be wrong but I thought I read that the AFL got the rights to the devils name in anticipation of a team there. Also why they did not use the name currently.

Reply #909054 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Those nets look weird

36ers defence trash as usual

Reply #909055 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Jimmy, I'm with you man, great nostalgic value with those grey Cats x blue Sixers strips. Both need to be brought back at the same time and the league NEEDS schedule them together.

There was a dude selling Devils replicas (amongst other throwbacks/teams) on eBay previously, but just checked and he’s disappeared.

Reply #909056 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Those uniforms of Adelaide is like going back into my teenage years. Watching those epic Perth V Sixers battles. The gray coke Perth uniforms v Adelaide blue and those white uniforms

Pura Milk vs. Coke. Battle of the Beverages.

The non-alcoholic version of the 80s' West End vs. Emu Export.

Reply #909057 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I liked the Perth 2000s strip where they were black with the giant Perth logo and not much else hahah

Reply #909058 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Might be wrong but I thought I read that the AFL got the rights to the devils name in anticipation of a team there. Also why they did not use the name currently.

Yep, that's what comes to mind. Dirty AFL dogs.

Reply #909059 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

AFL wearing prada

Reply #909060 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Eagle Super vs. Swan Gold was another one.

Reply #909061 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I reckon I could score a solid 20 on these 36ers

Reply #909062 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Jimmy, I'm with you man, great nostalgic value with those grey Cats x blue Sixers strips. Both need to be brought back at the same time and the league NEEDS schedule them together.

Yes please.

Reply #909063 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

It's like the slaves fighting the lions in the colosseum making free throws in JJs home territory. Hungry jacks with absolute passion.

Reply #909064 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

That 36ers jersey is sexy af and should never have been changed.

Reply #909065 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

There was a dude selling Devils replicas (amongst other throwbacks/teams) on eBay previously, but just checked and he's disappeared.

Reply #909066 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

PW: I can picture West Coast players spending mad Monday in that Wildcats enjoy Coke top

Reply #909067 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Franks struggles defensively, good game happening here.

Reply #909068 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Oh, there's a game on?

Reply #909069 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

The PW throwback jersey fiesta has been more enjoyable than the basketball today

Reply #909070 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I liked the Perth 2000s strip where they were black with the giant Perth logo and not much else hahah

Great suggestion - the away version in white looked even plainer but worked really well.

The perks of not having a major sponsor:

Reply #909071 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

That 36ers jersey is sexy af and should never have been changed.

Why anyone would alter this logo is beyond me:

Reply #909072 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Agree on both

Reply #909073 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Yep, would change all the branding back no question.

Reply #909074 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The Hobart home jersey from 1996 posted above is what the JackJumpers are playing in tonight, barring the word 'Devils'.

This is the 1998 jersey the Sixers have replicated:

Reply #909075 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

I thought it couldn't get worse than Hooley & Screen together. Then Gibbo & Creek said hold my bear.

Reply #909076 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Gibson and Creek, while John Casey is relegated to sideline reporting.

Massive LOL.

Reply #909077 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Can we please find Clark when he is open. Missed him twice in semi transition.

Reply #909079 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Daniel Johnson is soft was custard.he gets out rebounded by guys half his size.and a statue on defence

Reply #909080 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Can someone please guard McVeigh?

Reply #909081 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

6ers are a joke ... again. Great players can't overcome crap culture. And culture starts at the top (ownership).

Reply #909083 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Dear CJ,

Do you realise how important this amd the next game is for the season?

Reply #909084 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers are just a dumb side, to many flashy players who don't like playing D.

Reply #909085 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

Getting smashed. Percentage lost in this game could be first nail in coffin for missing playoffs

Reply #909088 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

We already have the lowest percentages of the aspirants.

Reply #909089 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Adelaide and SEM to fight out 7 & 8 spot

Reply #909090 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

How a club could finish 7th or 8th with a roster like the 6ers have is beyond belief

Reply #909091 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Imagine if Adelaide went with an interior defender so that they couldn't be walked all over?

Reply #909092 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

SEM injuries hasn't helped them but all other 6 teams are playing as a team and have slowly built their chemistry

Reply #909093 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

And to think we gave McVeigh the ass! That's starting the be a "creek-like" disaster decision by the club!

Reply #909094 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

@Uncle Dre

Pinder
McVeigh
Creek...

Anyone else?

Reply #909095 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Sobey too.

Reply #909096 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

What a pathetic season from this Sixers team. Season on the line only one guy in double figures and lose by 18. After how much promise this team showed in the pre-season I think this is the most disappointed I've ever been in a 36ers team.

The culture, lack of heart, whatever, the club is broken. Just blood the young guys now she's all done and dusted.

Reply #909097 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

Ben Ayre starting to show signs (at Cairns) now he has left 6ers

Reply #909099 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers and breakers absolute disaster season, Sixers still a chance to play finals but doesn't look likely. CJ making to many subs, shorten the rotations.
JJs just rolling on.

Reply #909100 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I'll remember that game for three things: McVeigh’s shooting, Sixers’ hopeless defence, and some absolutely DUMB shots taken by the Sixers (by players who should KNOW the difference between a smart and a risky shot).

Unless miracles happen, I see them finishing in the bottom 4, perhaps even missing the playoffs completely.

Reply #909101 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Ex 36er Superstars Kyle Adnam, Kevin White and Harry Froling!

Shaun Bruce also a 36ers legend...

Reply #909103 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Shaun Bruce would get this team around the court better than is happening. Weaver picked him up when sixers didn't want him.

Reply #909104 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Brilliantly coached by Roth, love his work. Another great JJs game to be at, responded after the MU game.

McVeigh and Doyle had phenomenal games. Think Adelaide regret letting him go?

Reply #909105 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

I liked the old Sixers logo. Got no idea why the Sixers changed their logo in 2007.

Reply #909106 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Roth turned McVeigh into the player you have, his sixers days were average to say the least. To McVeigh credit he took it on board and learned.

It was a great team win against a team of individuals at both ends.

Reply #909107 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Pinder
McVeigh
Creek...

Anyone else?

Pinder and McVeigh ranged between awful and serviceable at their time with the Sixers.

Pinder averaged less than 5ppg @ 41% and some suggested he was on big money. Letting that go at the time made sense. Cannot blame the Sixers for that.

McVeigh had some good games and indeed was improving his offence even as a Sixer. But would often go missing or have bonehead plays, I would have liked to keep McVeigh if he was cheap but he tested the market. Again it looked like no real loss because we had Dech and were bringing in big talent like McCarron.

Creek was a real loss but thats not on the Sixers. He had ascended to another level and was ready for Europe or the NBA as several other players have done. As a club you would never hold him back from his dreams. Note the club never stopped him from successfully getting a Euro contract nor Summer League.

Sobey too

Yes another loss but can you put that on the organisation?

He couldn't get along with the coach.

Who here would have been in favour of releasing Joey Wright ahead of letting Sobey walk if that were a choice? I suspect only a few.

Reply #909109 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Majok Deng has also been handy for Cairns.
As for the above about Creek, have you not heard the story about Sixers injunction. That's the main reason he didn't come back and hates the owner. So that's DEFINITELY on the Sixers!

The Adelaide 36ers have announced that they have agreed to terms that would allow Mitch Creek to sign with the Brooklyn Nets.

Creek, one of the NBL's most prominent players over the past few years, recently signed an Exhibit 10 deal with the Brooklyn Nets, and will use training camp to try to earn a guaranteed deal, but his former team didn’t want to let that happen without a fight.

According to The Advertiser, the 36ers filed an injunction to stop Basketball Australia from approving any potential deal between Creek and the Nets unless the Adelaide-based team received at least $100,000 in compensation. Sources told foxsports.com.au that the dollar figure was significantly higher than that.

Reply #909110 | Report this post

BigD  
Last year

The fact there is such a big list of players who have blossomed career wise since leaving the Sixers, and who have publicly had issues with the club should tell even the most diehard of Sixers fans that there is something seriously wrong and toxic with the culture of the place.
Changing of coaches constantly clearly isn't solving the problem, so who else is the common denominator in all of it?

Reply #909112 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Last year

36ers have been worse than bad since the creek saga...

that was the beginning of the end for the once proud 'family' club

they turned corporate and moved to the entertainment centre forgetting the long suffering fans who stuck by them during the clark era

Joey was thrown to the wolves by the owners and the club has been miss managed ever since the new ownership group took over

the atmosphere at games and seating viewing is poor compared to the *at the time* the only purpose built professional basketball stadium in the league, yes it was a terrible location and the entertainment centre has a lot more capacity and the team has sold out the last few games... but their aren't many true fans left

the team ahs lacked a player that holds the rest to account when creek left, love him or hate him he is a true team first guy and holds everyone else around him to account on the basketball court and one of the nicest players i have met off the court always has so much time for the fans.

i thought CJ would be good for the club but by the looks he needs some good assistants around him, the 36ers have not been defensive minded for a long time, we all can see they needed a defensive big but the opted for another offensive minded player to replace randall.

what's the solution?

i don't know...

but i see a kings back to back on the cards even though i despise burford

Reply #909114 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

CJ really needs to get an assistant that implements a defensive strategy. It's CJ week spot, plus he’s got get aggro at times. It can be hard in teams with lots of egos. Roth selected players that left there egos in the dressing room, it’s all team first.

Reply #909115 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Really predictable outcome last night & just have no confidence in Adelaide at all.

Got to remember that majority of recent run came at home against battling teams Brisbane and Illawarra, and a fatigued/ depleted Phoenix. I thought they turned a bit of a corner with home win over Tassie, but now I think they won't trouble anyone even if they manage to sneak in.

Reply #909116 | Report this post

Esky68  
Last year

Bring back craig randall hahaha

just kidding

Reply #909117 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Last year

Middle of the pack team. Should've been really good, CJ isn’t cutting it, as they squad is not responding.

Reply #909120 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Last year

Sixers are cooked. Can't defend PNR. Every team runs screens on them every offence. Franks, DJ and Sotto not right balance for the team. They really messed up not having an interior big who can protect the paint. Teams just stroll in and do layups which creates another dilemma as Sixers players have to man the lanes which then gives up 3's.
Have no plan to expose full court defence every team applies to them every game. Sixers are soft physically as a group.
All coaches can do what Roth has done at Tassie. You put rules in place and you enforce them. Players don't like it, those are the ones you move on.

Reply #909124 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Last year

completely agree

too many playing for themselves and not for the team

no accountability on the team at all

CJ is not too soft... I had high hopes for him...

one more year left on his contract???

i would love to see a defensive minded coach come in and show them how to play some defence for once

and/or a coach that has some balls about them to discipline players as required, the way he handled randall in the doco was pretty poor,

going to be along time before success is seen in the city of churches the way management are handling this club

they only care about the dollars

Reply #909125 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Last year

should be CJ *IS* too soft...

Reply #909126 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

What Adelaide don't want to do, is blow things up and take a step back.

There needs to be a concerted effort to analyse the good, work extremely hard to retain it, and figure out the bad and how to fix it.

CJ did a lot of changes this season: removing Randall, moving DJ to the bench and Sotto to the starting lineup, using Harris to adjust for interior deficiencies, signing Clark to address PG issues. So it’s not like they have been trying to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I agree with the above deficiencies - realistically, the ability for opposition to stroll into layouts without much of a problem radically changes the game because it means any shift of defence to cover exposes open threes and teams end up scoring so easily that it mounts pressure on 36ers offence.

That pressure isn’t helped when it starts from the inbound and not off of rebounds or turnovers so the defence is already set.

So you’re Adelaide, you’re down, the opposition are scoring easier than you are, they’re set in D and you’re feeling the pressure to get a shot off. Suddenly everything is tense, weird runner shots are attempted or fadeaways or end of shot clock threes or one-on-five dribble dribble backdown backdown shoot over the double team contested shot.

Franks becomes only effective in a heliocentric way, DJ becomes only effective in heliocentric way.

Dech struggles to figure out how to be effective and avoid forcing things. MM with the depth of talent tried to give people shots instead of taking any himself. Drmic loses his mind because he’s working his tail off and getting not very far for lack of team mates alleviating any sense of pressure.

What do you do if you’re Adelaide? Well Franks probably doesn’t return anyway, he’s probably too expensive and headed overseas anyway.

Move heaven and earth to keep AC and IC, and Sotto is developing decently so he’d be ideal too.

Shift MM to SG, make him play that Gibson type role aside Ervin. Clark becomes the PG and is Ervin. MM has two roles: shoot when open, focus on D. Like Gibson did.

Cleveland does Cleveland things - like Childress, use length to be a game changer and aggressive on D.
Import defensive PF and Sotto at C.

When the defensive PF is off, DJ is at C, Harris at PF and go all-out trap and pressure up the court.

That’s when you have Clark, Dech, Cleveland, Harris or Galloway, DJ. Use that time to cause turnovers up the court and avoid the battle getting to the interior.

Minor tweaks, big improvement.

Reply #909128 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

DJ will be gone. He's already being setup for that to happen.

Reply #909132 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

That sounds speculative

Reply #909133 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Agreed the writing is on the wall that it's unlikely DJ is going to be offered another contract, unless perhaps off the bench.

Reply #909134 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

DJ is a big softie. I doubt any other club would be interested

Reply #909136 | Report this post

Ski 61  
Last year

Lol, some serious overreactions in this thread.
The people suggesting the team shouldn't have left the local basketball arena are very silly. They finally moved into the 21st century when they moved to AEC, and it's been great.
This being the first proper season in a few years, and they're selling out a lot and packing it out. The atmosphere is electric when the team plays to a decent level, I couldn't hear anything when that Clark shot was in the air last Sunday. There are plenty of fans, the whole lower level is virtually season ticket holders.

Their defence is putrid, and needs work. CJ may be the one sacked but as KET said, there have been massive moves made by the coaches this year which have been encouraging. DJ to the bench is massive, the bloke is a complete arrogant fool. His demeanor to Drmic last Friday was disgraceful and not how a leader who has played 400 NBL games should act, he chucked the sads because he wanted an easy basket. Good riddance when he leaves, no coincidence he doesn't have a ring.

The Randall sacking was big too, obviously it seemed like there was no other choice based off the vision in that doco but Withers and Hannahs were quite poor with their attitudes last year and they kept them on the whole way.

Mind you, the season is probably done.

Reply #909153 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

The easier location would account for some of the extra attendance, but it's still surprising with the numbers and the play of the team. Are they just giving out a lot of free tickets to attract these numbers?
There might be a few teams after DJ, but he's made it tough. Perth with the signing of the Webster's seem to be desperate to get any scorers. Not sure if United would experiment with him and Humphries again, maybe the Phoenix could use him with Williams if they keep him. Those would be bench roles unless his ego thinks he can still start. JJ's, Cairns and even Hawks wouldn't touch him with building their cultures. Kings, possibly. Then there's Brisbane who always seem to take Adelaide's sloppy seconds. He's really the Carmelo Anthony of the NBL, has some juice left in the offensive tank, but too much baggage that would normally have teams lining up with his career statistics.

Reply #909161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754