GordonG
Last year

Taipans v Hawks - Friday 13th...

Different look for the Taipans tonight with our annual "Blackout Game" taking place. You'll see a different uniform that will be auctioned off for charity immediately following the game. Have seen some of these uniforms in past years bring just under $3K, depending on who was wearing it. I would guess that the highest bids tonight will be for Tahjere McCall's, but not ruling out any of the others - for example Ben Ayre is wildly popular.

As for the Hawks - take them lightly at your peril. They might be down, but they sure aren't out. We've been in position to play spoiler in the past, now it's their turn.

Going to be a fun game!

Topic #50779 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Last year

How are ticket sales looking mate?

Nearly sold out?

Reply #909129 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

@Aussie - No idea on ticket sales. Judging by past games, it should be pretty good. It has the advantage of being indoors and air-conditioned, and there's a bucket-load of rain heading our way right now :)

Reply #909131 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Taipans keep their head in the game they should win this comfortably. Froling and Harvey really only two players with class and even they don't always produce.

Cairns by 20.

Reply #909140 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Not super enthused to watch Jackomas get his collection of scraps to be competitive for 35 minutes...

Reply #909155 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

It's been two entertaining games between these teams already, hopefully Hawks have another big effort left in them.

Reply #909157 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Taipans 18-4 up early now down 24-23

Reply #909162 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

A weak team playing with heart and getting its rewards.

Brisbane take note

Reply #909163 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Hawks don't give up. Pity Bullets don’t have the same attitude

Reply #909164 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

After watching this game, I think Jackomas deserves another season in charge of the Hawks.

Reply #909165 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last year

I know we all complain about many of the commentators, and rightly so, but Gazey makes me laugh at least once a game....
Love that bloke.

Reply #909166 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Hawks only two wins so far this season, yet not once have I seen a player on the team be anything but positive. No heads down, no bitch fitting, no whinging.mThey suck, but they're giving every game a good honest Aussie go.

Brisbane kindly take note.

Also after some negative talk earlier in the season, would it be fair to say Harvey has rehabbed his value? He’s done a bunch of heavy lifting when things have been tough and I think he’s done pretty well given.

Reply #909167 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last year

I agree with the Harvey point, I think he has done well considering everyone has been out.
Still need another really solid import next to him I think but good as a number 2 option.

Reply #909168 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Gaze talking about Taipans finishing 1st or 2nd. If they finish behind Kings & they're 2nd best give the trophy to Sydney now. Taipans are nowhere near the level

Reply #909169 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Gazey is magnificent.

Reply #909170 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Froling having one of his Casper the Friendly Ghost games.

Reply #909173 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Raining 3's from the Hawks. 6 mins left. 75 all. Any chance Taipans at least out their arms up when they shoot? Hawks looking good

Reply #909174 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Refs missed the cross court from Cairns, got hawks one though.

Reply #909175 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Taipans playing like the Bullets in the 4th

Reply #909176 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Harvey unmarked. Another 3. Hope Hawks can close it out. They deserve a win

Reply #909177 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last year

Really want the Hawks to snatch this now

Reply #909178 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

No Cairns player wants to shoot.

Reply #909179 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Hawks are like Bullets in that they have a few players whose confidence is greater than their ability

Reply #909180 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Cairns giving up layups to miss 3's. Dumb as. 90 seconds left. Down by 2.

Reply #909181 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Terrible 5 on the floor at the end for Hawks

Reply #909182 | Report this post

Turnover  
Last year

Haven't really watch many Hawks games, but Harvey from the Hawks is the worst import in the league. Should be sacked

Reply #909183 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Taipans lucky. Very lucky. Great game by Hawks. Deserved better but I guess that's why they’re down the bottom of the ladder. At least their fans see the effort every game

Reply #909184 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good effort from hawks, never thought they would win it though, just lose it down the stretch.

Reply #909185 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

@Sebastian - I thought exactly the same thing with the end 5. Tbh I can't recall who was on the bench who may have been a better option though.

Reply #909186 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Surely Froling is on the floor as the 2nd scoring option

Reply #909187 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Last year

Hawks 2023: capable of upsetting anyone on the night.
Nine times out of ten, though, it's themselves.

Reply #909188 | Report this post

Sebastian. Did you watch the game. Sam did a Harry impersonation. He was very poor. The guys at the end were the ones who continually got the Hawks back into the game. Haven't checked the +- but Frolings would reflect his impact on the game I'm sure.

Reply #909189 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

@fstos Froling +/- was -12

Was a tight game, the shirts were auctioned off after the game with a total of around $20K raised for the charity, IFYS.

Reply #909190 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Wasn't a fan of those Black Out jerseys, at least they were sold off for charity.

The Heritage jerseys I like. Leaning towards the vibes of the Snakes first season in the comp.

Reply #909191 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

When are they wearing their heritage jerseys?

Reply #909194 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Hawks not competitive first 5 minutes, competitive the last 35 minutes...

Jackomas COTY

Reply #909195 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Fstos he would of been an option. With the 5 on they were never going to anyone but Harvey. The line up was too one dimensional

Reply #909197 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Sebastian his head wasn't in the game Deng and Mangok were way better options. Froling was a liability on court , as Fstos said the five on the court at the end had got the job done

Reply #909201 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

I watched the whole game so I don't necessarily have to agree with you. My thought's are more around you would have to guard him and Harvey if he was on. With the 5 on you only had to guard Harvey as no one else was going to see the ball. But that's why it's a forum for different opnions.

Reply #909202 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks just need a few smarter players, when the ball was going out late in the fourth Mathiang try to knock the ball off Scott knee, he just had to let it go out, it was touched last by Scott. Instead of offence they go into defence. Other instances in the last couple minutes hurts them, decision making like pass when better shooting, to the opposite.

Reply #909204 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Mango is one of those elite athletes with low bball iq, does anyone remember Pero Vasiljevic??

Reply #909207 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

But does Mango have his name tattooed on his shoulder s he doesn't forget it lol

Reply #909216 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754