GordonG
Last year

JJs v Phoenix 18/01

Phoenix need to get this or things will start to look a bit grim for the season

Topic #50796 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

While on paper you would think SEM have got this covered, JJs should just put foot on their throat. While a lot people will blame the coach, they never seem to have balanced roster. Imo there imports again have been injured, foul trouble, not good enough. Terangi, Adnam etc are not going to get it done, Broekhoff injuries, poor shooting also just hasn't lifted.

JJs play their game, imports do what team needs and follow the system, McVeigh back in a bit form and they should get this.

I don’t have confidence in SEM, probably means they will win, hope JJs just put them out their misery.

Reply #909481 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

This JJs team looks pretty good on paper too. Should be a great game. Phoenix will be hoping their returning guys blew the rust out on Monday and can back up good to go.

Reply #909485 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

I think this is the most balanced the Phoenix have looked in their short history, and I lean more towards bad luck this season than anything else for the Phoenix - especially their continued bad luck with import injuries. I don't know what happened to Te Rangi back in 2019 but that was apparently when he forgot how to shoot 3s and since then he's like a poor man's Cadee in that he'll have maybe 1 or 2 games a season where he looks like a gun which seems to be enough to make GMs forget about the other 26 games... Adnam I think is fine as a backup sparkplug scorer, he has just been leaned on too much with their outs.

I think they'll end up top 6 if they can string together some luck and stay healthy. I Still don't have much faith in the Wildcats and their 2-Webster lineup and United have looked like a different team lately, I think the top 4 will be some combo of Sydney-Cairns-NZ-Tassie followed by Phoenix-United.

Reply #909499 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

Phoenix are done if drop this. Can't see them getting to 15 wins with schedule from here.

Went for top end talent instead of depth and injuries plus Qi being out has hurt.

Reply #909501 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

I think they recruited well, 10-5 with Browne playing, just have been unlucky with a horror run of injuries to key players. Still a chance as with their full starting five they can beat anyone, but time is of the essence.

Reply #909504 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

I didn't think the commentators could get any worse

Reply #909511 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Looks like the refs got the memo to get SEM over the line to keep the playoff race interesting. Absolutely pathetic.

Reply #909512 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Exactly, horrible one sided officiating. Different rules at either end.

Reply #909515 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Refs have now turned it around. Just be consistent. Turning into a very good game.

Reply #909519 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Steindl doing his best Blanchfield impersonation.

Reply #909520 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Very unlike J.J. performance, missing free throws and getting beaten on the boards. Credit to SEM playing very well, pity they can't be more consistent.

Reply #909521 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Refs not like for like! SEM getting touchy touchy calls. Missing 6 free throws don't help either

Reply #909522 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Doyle struggling. To many turnovers by JJs.

Reply #909523 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Clear goal tend and commentary got no idea.

Reply #909524 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

SEM full court presser starting to wane, not quite so intense. Let's see how Greer fufu valves handle this

Reply #909525 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

This commentary f***ing sucks.

Reply #909528 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

???Mc Jet , magnay ...

Reply #909530 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Is Roth playing the long game. Letting SEM win and forcing others into a dog fight.

Reply #909532 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

You are not going to win many games missing free throws, getting out rebounded, JJs just basically crap today, to many subs as well.

Creek was excellent, SEM clearly the better team. Good game, not great.

Reply #909534 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Another nail in the coffin for the Sixers.

Really needed SEM to drop that game.

Reply #909536 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brown interviewed, saying the stats guys making mistakes, missing his assists, I totally agree with him, in a game where stats are important they get it wrong so many times.

Creek also saying McVeigh saying he was too hard to guard, McVeigh had better look at the stats between him and Creek.

Reply #909537 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Another nail in the coffin for the Sixers.

Season was over after the loss to NZ a couple of weeks ago, the floggings by the JJ's and Perth were entirely expected. As will be the 'shock' loss to the Bullets tomorrow night followed up by a hiding from Melbourne.

At least Franks and the coach were having a good chuckle at training yesterday though.

Reply #909539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:25 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754