Lindsay
Last year

Wildcats vs Kings 20/1

Lanard Copeland shouldn't be allowed near a microphone.

Topic #50804 | Report this topic

Diop Kick  
Last year

Rob beveridge in the crowd

Reply #909748 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Lachie Reid is back on the sideline for Heritage Round.

Such an awesome touch.

Reply #909749 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Yep, saw Bevo earlier.

Redhage's number is being retired.

Reply #909751 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Nice first quarter, Perth slightly the edge. I believe Bevo back living in Perth.

Reply #909752 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Can you review a shot clock violation? Didn't think so. Also they waived it after an hour, then called it good after another hour? Anyone know what was going on?

Reply #909756 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Wildcats offensive movement was great in the first quarter, has slowed down in the second

Reply #909757 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

I guess coming down with two elbows in the guys face as to not "grab" him is a more sportsmanlike play... what a fucking joke

Reply #909758 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

He did his best not to hurt him after falling for a fake and that's "unsportsmanlike"??

Reply #909759 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

I guess coming down with two elbows in the guys face as to not "grab" him is a more sportsmanlike play... what a fucking joke

Reply #909760 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

So watching all these home cooking fouls, 6 to 0 fyi, Travers wasn't fouled was he?? Like easy call

Reply #909763 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Refs at it again. Travers gets fouled on dunk nothing. No fouls on kings.

Reply #909764 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Appears Travers is effectively the backup pg, keeping cotton and Corey on the wings...

Reply #909765 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

So watching all these home cooking fouls, 6 to 0 fyi, Travers wasn't fouled was he?? Like easy call

Reply #909766 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Hate these refs

Reply #909768 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Kings getting heaps of love. Current standard of officiating is boarding what Brown said, cheating.

Reply #909769 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Let's hope this is a GF prelude because the standard is really high

Reply #909772 | Report this post

Lindsay  
Last year

Funny how much better Perth look when Norton and Blanchfield aren't playing.

We look so much more dangerous offensively. Just need to step things up on the defensive end and we could rattle some cages come the play-in tournament.

Reply #909774 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Excellent game, I've given up on commenting on refs, at least today. Rillie has got cats playing good unselfish basketball. Kings also doing their stuff. Wagstaff and Manek hitting threes on Cooks defending under the basket was smart.

Reply #909775 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Damn i wish the black and gold was the cats permanent home strip

Reply #909776 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Loved Grace's comment that whenever he hears Copeland's voice he wants to lace up his boots because he's getting into the paint... Classic.

Classic game so far too.

Reply #909777 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Foul on Tai.... I mean I thought Sydney was legit good, starting to see how they have only lost 5 games. Absoulte disgrace for this league

Reply #909778 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

The Webster brothers defense in the 3rd single handedly gave Kings the leads

Reply #909779 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Last year

There is no pleasing some on here. Refs blow the whistle "stop blowing the whistle". Refs let them play "call more fouls!!!". Just enjoy a great quality contest and give the sooking a rest. Just once.

Reply #909780 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Lachie really is the best sideline man, he really knows how and when to crank up the crowd

Reply #909781 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Interesting change in d half court 1-2-2 and Cotton what a swing

Reply #909782 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

There is no pleasing some on here. Refs blow the whistle "stop blowing the whistle". Refs let them play "call more fouls!!!". Just enjoy a great quality contest and give the sooking a rest. Just once.
Just want a fair contest is that hard to ask for

Reply #909783 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

How can you pass the ball off your knees?

Reply #909784 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

What a time for Thomas to make his first 3 of the season.

Reply #909785 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

The kings coach still managed to whinge about the refs more than us fans in here

Reply #909786 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Wow what a game. Refs got out of it last quarter and let them play. Cotton is just class

Reply #909787 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Perth peaking at the right time. The addition of Tai and subtraction of Blanchfield & Norton has made them title contenders.

Reply #909788 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Shot ourselves in the foot a few times that last Q, but hell of a game - great shooting, low turnover count. Hats off to Perth.

Reply #909789 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Awesome night in the jungle.
You da man, Lachy.

Reply #909791 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Well, well, cracking game, cats doing very well. Could they be the team to see throw a spanner in the kings works. Cotton still the mvp.

Reply #909793 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Haven't heard from the Webster haters for a while.

Reply #909794 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Last year

Excellent last quarter from Travers. Quality game and great to watch.

Reply #909795 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

It feels good to take the kings down a peg. Great game

Reply #909796 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Thanks, Buford, for putting Bruce into the game and getting Cotton going.

Reply #909797 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Wow what a quality game. And the nostalgia and energy in the building reminded me of what being at the wildcats games of old.

And yeah Lachy is the man!!

Reply #909798 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Cotton really was the catalyst at the start of that fourth quarter that swung the momentum back.

Glad to be proven wrong on Manek. Now that he's improved his defense and rebounding he's an absolute weapon for the cats.

Reply #909799 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

Be nice for the cats to revert to the black strip, loads of comments on social media loving the look. They would make a killing as people switch out red to black.

Reply #909800 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Loving this version of Perth, I've liked what I’ve seen of Tai, he has some serious physical tools, just needs to play a little d, hardly a perfect player but can definitely impact...

I’ve always loved Corey, never understood why Shamir and Rillie (earlier) had him coming off the bench.

Maybe it’s taken Rillie this long to figure out most his bench is cooked, I really hope it’s Injury related for Mitch Norton and he can come back and contribute…

Once Norton returns, the rotation…

Wagstaff 5-8 minutes
Norton 5-8 minutes

Then the top 6 guys just rotate -

Cotton
Corey
Tai
Mabel
Thomas
Travers

Run n gun, caution to the wind, if ya wanna beat us you’ll need to score 110+

This is the way ball is going, cairns is doing the same thing with more D, back in the 80’s you could beat more talented teams with size by tryna stack as many big guys on the court as you could, there was a boomers lineup with Vlahov at the 2, Ronaldson at the 3, alongside longley and bradtke as bigs, these days, it’s all about 3 point shooters, load up your team with guys who can shoot and you will have a chance against anyone, we saw that with 36ers beating Phoenix in NBL v NBA, if a team becomes elite at it, you can win a ring!!!! we might see that with cairns or Perth!!!!!!!!

Reply #909801 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Funny how much better Perth look when Norton and Blanchfield aren't playing.

Maybe it's taken Rillie this long to figure out most his bench is cooked

Yes, good to see Rillie being assertive and it paying dividends.

What an amazing game day experience featuring two quality sides.

The magic came back, hopefully it isn't for one night only.

Reply #909804 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Perth in unreal offensive form for a long stretch now, 8-3 in their past 11 to be one of the form teams. Of course, same as last season, it's whether they can contain and rebound game after game that's the biggest factor.

That effort on the o-boards last night was promising, Cotton forcing Sydney to change their D had a big impact there. Will be interesting to see what approach Buford takes next time.

Reply #909807 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Tai Webster has been a brilliant pickup but his brother has been a borderline game changer for Perth. I honestly didn't think at age 34 he could still be such a masterful piece . He looks as good as ever

Reply #909809 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Also those uniform colours for Perth are incredible . The 1993 black and Gold uniforms were great.

Reply #909810 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Best game of NBL I've seen for a long time!

Perth are great to watch with their movement.

Unless placings doesn't allow, I think Perth are a chance of making the GF.

Reply #909813 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Last year

A great game to watch. Two good sides going for it and terrific to see such an even performance from Perth.

Last night was the most enjoyable night at the basketball for years....great game but big thanks to Lachy Reid. The difference last night really highlighted how bad the regular guy is. It was so nice not to be shouted at for the entire game. Lachy understands the flow of the game and the right times to get the crowd fired up. He actually creates space for crowd involvement and support rather than just shouting over the top of them the whole time.

If SEG wants to endear itself to Perth fans, they should pay whatever it takes to get Lachy back on a full time basis. The fans would be eternally grateful.

Reply #909814 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I predict (sadly) that these two will meet in the GF - Perth are too good to make me happy by missing out completely

Reply #909815 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Unless placings doesn't allow, I think Perth are a chance of making the GF.

Without home court I don't think Perth can over come Cairns or NZB in a 3 game series.

NZB are sputtering at the moment but when healthy they are hard to beat.

Reply #909816 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

^^^ Totally agree Jack knife ^^^

Reply #909817 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Last night was the most enjoyable night at the basketball for years....great game but big thanks to Lachy Reid. The difference last night really highlighted how bad the regular guy is. It was so nice not to be shouted at for the entire game. Lachy understands the flow of the game and the right times to get the crowd fired up. He actually creates space for crowd involvement and support rather than just shouting over the top of them the whole time.

If SEG wants to endear itself to Perth fans, they should pay whatever it takes to get Lachy back on a full time basis. The fans would be eternally grateful.

Look, what I'm about to say is hardly scientific so take it with a grain of salt but I'm going to put it out there anyway.

I had a memory come back to me this morning of an observation I made during the Challenge Stadium era when Reid would miss games due to other commitments and we would underperform or inexplicably lose to underdogs.

Again this is subjective but his presence and management of the crowd is probably worth X amount in points to the Wildcats.

Get it done SEG.

Reply #909828 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Lachie approaches it like he's playing, at the end of the 3rd when Sydney got the lead, he said we need turn it around. He gets everyone on their feet screaming defense, raises the energy and wildcats got like 3 stops in a row.

He doesn’t just ask for chants all the time, you can tell when he thinks the team needs it and cranks it up.
He does his best to get the crowd to influence the crowd.

Reply #909834 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Influence the game.

Reply #909835 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Last year

Good example of Lachy's influence Diop. The other thing is that he doesn’t strut around the sidelines like a demented rooster like old mate. Lachy is there to support the team and the crowd rather than put on a performance. I notice a few people on Twitter "loving the passion" of the regular guy. There is no doubting his passion, he is just not very good.

Reply #909838 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"I had a memory come back to me this morning of an observation I made during the Challenge Stadium era when Reid would miss games due to other commitments and we would underperform or inexplicably lose to underdogs."

I remember that being discussed at the time. He is outstanding at what he does and it's very genuine the way he does it.

Reply #909846 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754