Ben
Last year

Breakers @ Blanks - Thurs 26th Jan

Tips 7:30pm VIC/NSW.

NZ keen for this one to give themselves a sniff of finishing top two. Blanks playing for pride only.

Is Brown playing? Regardless, New Zulund by 12.

Topic #50822 | Report this topic

Kolzee  
Last year

Would tend to agree breakers should win relatively easily but if leafa isn't playing many minutes the reliance on mcdowell-white could weigh heavily

Reply #910234 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Brown and Izzy subject to fitness tests today

Reply #910236 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

NZ by 15.

Reply #910239 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brisbane back to their normal performances.

Reply #910245 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Is Cold Chisel actually being played during this game? Eesh.

Reply #910249 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Shows how critical Cadee is to the Blanks

Yeah, nah

Reply #910250 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Bullets could not defend an u/12 team. Sobeys plus-minus for the season must be horrendous. Can someone with more smarts than me find out.

Reply #910251 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Breakers look a lot different with brown jnr in the game, even in cameos. I still think they need to get rupert or vodanovic scoring efficiently to be a threat to the kings though

Reply #910255 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Well after a competitive first quarter, the Blanks politely laid down for the Breakers to take control and cruise home with no resistance. Tbh I don't think anyone was expecting different,

Reply #910256 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Clean out required at bullets. Long way back, Sobey past it, Baynes never really got started, improved slightly as season went on but never looked that interested. The rest, one or two got bit talent, punt the rest.

Reply #910257 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Sobeys plus-minus for the season must be horrendous. Can someone with more smarts than me find out.

+5.2 up until today's game.

Reply #910259 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

Gosh the Bullets defence is atrocious. I can't remember if Melbourne was the first team to do it but a lot of teams have found success against the Breakers recently by doubling Brantley and Pardon often as well as switching into a 2-3 zone when Brantley makes a catch in the short corner or low post. Gibbo called it right when he said you gotta double Brantley early and disrupt him before he gets into a groove and they didn’t double him at all!

If the Breakers can get more from Rupert and Vodanovic they’re very deep. Gliddon is finally starting to find some confidence. Abercrombie was better, but I think with him they just need to reduce his minutes to 8-16 per game rather than 20+ mpg.

Reply #910270 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

I would be giving Dan Fotu some of Tom's minutes as he seems to bring plenty of energy and is capable of knocking down shots and battles for O boards

Reply #910271 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Looks like the breakers have regained some of their form after a mini slump. Last two games have been impressive

Reply #910275 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

Breakers are much better when they let WMW run the team and Le'afa to be a three and D type rather than a traditional PG. Brown’s penetration on offence and on ball defence helps a lot. In fact, I’d forgotten how good he is defensively. It’s a very well balanced squad, but if you take out a piece of timber that’s when it gets exposed. If they can stay healthy I think they’re the most likely to challenge the Kings.

Reply #910302 | Report this post

orbit  
Last year

Did i really hear there were scouts watching Baynes for a potential return to the NBA?

Am i missing something?

Reply #910304 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brisbane at season start were right in games till halftime, sack the coach, then another coach and nothing has changed. When you bring in an ex nba guard, Baynes also ex nba, Sobey on massive money, their season should have been top four minimum. The have actually failed worse than sixers without the scrutiny.

Reply #910336 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Imagine having teams like the Bullets and Hawks in your league and claiming it is the 2nd best league in the world?
LOL
Yeah, i can also say i am the 2nd best looking man in the world.
Because i said it must be true

Reply #910348 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Plenty of scrutiny on Brisbane earlier in the year, now it's just flogging a dead horse...

Reply #910376 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Nothing like Sixers or even cats for that matter.

Reply #910377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754