Perth fan
Last year

Vale Kent Lockhart

1963 to 2023. Another gone too soon.

Topic #50837 | Report this topic

Gus3232  
Last year

Oh man, another gun import from the late 80's and early 90's gone. Teamed up with Dean Uthoff and Bruce Bolden, they (Spectres), were quite the team coached by Goorjian. Pushed the brilliant 1991 Perth team all the way in the Grand Final.

Reply #910486 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

He was an impressive player. RIP

Reply #910487 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Oh no. Leader now Lockhart? Way too soon.

I remember the Spectres. Uhtoff, Bolden and Lockhart were an incredible front line.

They actually pushed the 91 Wildcats to 3 games after losing at home they were that good.

Reply #910491 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

The Saints and Spectres were my two favourite teams when I started following the NBL. I loved Wayne Larkins because I was a short arse, but Kent was definitely a favourite too. Loved the way he went about it. RIP.

Reply #910492 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

My memories are from his coaching days, pushed us hard and was no nonsense, bball lifer, the guy has a Facebook page dedicated to him!

Reply #910567 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Last year

Heart attack apparently.

My word there are a lot of heart attacks happening.

Reply #910582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754