Isaac
Last year

Basketball coach fired for impersonating 13-year-old in game

A 22-year-old Virginia basketball coach has been fired after being accused of attempting to pass herself off as one of her 13-year-old players during a game.

According to Norfolk's WAVY TV 10, when one of the members of the Churchland junior varsity girls basketball team in Portsmouth was out of town earlier this month, Arlisha Boykins stepped in and impersonated the absent player in their game against Nansemond River.

"Coaches always preach to the kids about integrity and those types of things, so I was just shocked," the father of the 13-year-old who had been impersonated by Boykins said.
Footage from the game shows Boykins driving to the basket and blocking opponents’ shots. She appears to be taller than the majority of players on court.
Original story

Topic #50857 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Last year

That's gold Isaac.

Another reason why we should have more "experienced" coaches in junior sports.

I haven’t coached in ver 5 years, but even there was no way I could impersonate a 13 year old (boy or girl).

Reply #910808 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

WTF???? Hahahaha. Credit for trying it on but how did she even make it on court?

Reply #910809 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

The absolute best bit of the video is when she makes a layup while drawing a foul, and makes a triumphant "count it!" hand gesture at all the other players.

Reply #910811 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #910834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:59 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754