Mystro
Last year

Hawks Vs Breakers

NZ have travelled to the Gong to try and secure a top two finish but need to get past a plucky Hawks side who pipped NZ at the buzzer on a Tyler Harvey heartbreaking 3 last time they faced each other.

In that last game NZ were without 6th Man of the year nominee Barry Brown Jnr and with him back in the line up NZ are on a 3 game win streak after taking care of the Kings, United and the Bullets.

The Hawks will try to spoil NZ's party but with a full squad available and so much to play for I think the Breakers will get a W.

Topic #50861 | Report this topic

Daly  
Last year

Breakers by double digits.

Reply #910838 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

Brantley is on a mission recently and the Breakers are a completely different team with brown. Breakers by double digits in the end, but Hawks will keep them honest for most of the contest.

Reply #910850 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

^^^
I think EssenX is on the money. Illawarra will fight, but against Pardon and Brantley not having Mathiang is a big loss. Huge load on Froling.

Reply #910853 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Breakers owe hawks a belting after the buzzer beater, nz by 20.

Reply #910875 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Hawks are currently Taipans supporters favourite team :)

Reply #910878 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks making nz look like spooners.

Reply #910879 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

After strong starts to the season Pardon, Le'afa and Loe have all fallen off a cliff - meeting Abercrombie at the bottom.

Reply #910880 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks by 16 at the half. I'll change my tip, hawks by 20, that’s only a 40 point turn around.

Reply #910881 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Anyone else notice that Rosen always raises an eyebrow when he's talking to the camera. It’s like he’s Dr Evil.

Reply #910882 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Not a fan of creek on the mic at all...

Reply #910885 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Loe has been exceptional of late. What a ridiculous statement

Reply #910886 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks just can't finish games, crowd was ridiculously bad. NZ needs to start better or it’ll be a short final series.

Reply #910890 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Last year

That third quarter was always going to be tough when you have as many fouls called against you as points scored. (and your opponents have 0 or 1 foul?)

And how many teams are going to win a game with a 13-30 free throw count against them?

Reply #910896 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Breakers have been wearing opponents down all season with monster 2rd and 4th quarters.
I do agree though that they are making life harder than it needs to be by letting teams get a lead early but at least they have the ability to turn the game on it's head and get stops and put points on the board.

Reply #910897 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Hawks don't have anyone who has the size or strength inside to match up on Pardon or Brantley and Barry Brown Jnr gets to the rim and puts the D under a ton of pressure so I'm not surprised at all that the foul count was lopsided.

Reply #910898 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Was always going to be a tiny crowd, Thursday night game with another home game this Saturday. Terrible scheduling.

Reply #910899 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

The Hawks were always going to run out of steam. They just don't have enough steps. This also shows on the Falcon count because they’re playing quite aggressive defence but they can’t sustain it. Offensively, they also dry up when Harvey is not on the court. If, for example, they signed Delaney and Pardon, alongside the return of Robinson, they’d be great.

Reply #910909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754