GordonG
Last year

Wildcats v Taipans 3/2

Taipans without Pinder and Djeric, will give some of the bench guys a bit more of a run again.

Given up predicting results this season...

Topic #50862 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Last year

T. Webster will be a game time decision for the Cats.

Reply #910910 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Pinder been out for a while and Djeric hasn't played any part all season, so Cairns used to this. Just get feeling taipans can get this, should be a quality game. Let’s hope refs don’t make up calls.

Reply #910912 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth has a whopping 13 game winning streak against the Taipans . Can't see that being broken with their whole season depending on a win. Loss is pretty much means good night Irene

Reply #910916 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Golden opportunity for the Taipans to break that losing streak though.
Get a good start tonight and the Cats might tense up with our season basically on the line in this one.
We need to put everything into winning this one because given how badly we've backed up in game 2s lately, a Sunday win seems highly unlikely.

Reply #910917 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

No chance of a win on Sunday. The season pretty much rides on tonight

Reply #910918 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Cats winning streak over Cairns is 10 I think if you include playoffs.

Reply #910920 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Don't Sydney have top spot confirmed? And they play tonight and come to Perth on Sunday. They will definitely be watching their minutes across this weekend and Perth a big chance to win both games.

Reply #910921 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Ouch...

"Following shootaround, Tahjere McCall will be a game-time decision tonight in Perth. He continues to manage bruising from last weekend, against the Bullets."

Reply #910926 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Tai Webster has been cleared to play

Reply #910927 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

McCall is suited up but not shooting just standing under the basket

Reply #910931 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Not looking like he'll be needed at this rate.
Can probably rest Hogg too.

Reply #910934 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Rillie clueless. Can't grab a rebound, Cotton getting isolated in the post - leaves both big centres on the bench.

Reply #910935 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Perth is a disgrace tonight. The ref's worse, that no call to then make the same call at the other end... like it's bad enough just call it properly

Reply #910936 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Listen to the Perth crowd whining about the no-call after quality defense from Kuol

Waardenburg was fouled 30 seconds earlier and Perth has 6 fouls for the game

But no need to let yourself be bothered by the facts!!

Reply #910937 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Now cotton is hurt cause the ref's let it go to far...

Reply #910938 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Vintage Flopstaff.

Reply #910939 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Classic NBL.

Crowd boos. So they pick out a foul on the next possession

Reply #910940 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

No Pinder, and they keep pinging Waardenburg for fouls that weren't there. He's got 3

This is David vs Goliath and the refs are with Goliath

Reply #910941 | Report this post

Cotton got hurt after his shot was blocked and his momentum carried him into the defender.

Reply #910943 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

If Perth changes anything for next season, get someone who can box out and rebound. While I've never been a great fan of Blanchfield, try him in the four and see if you get a result, Perth season just about over, they ain’t beat Sydney.

Reply #910944 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Hard to watch

Undermanned Cairns playing with heart and Perth getting the calls

14 fouls to 7 says it all

I realise Perth doesn't play defense and Cairns does, but still

Reply #910945 | Report this post

Pickem  
Last year

Wildcats cut the deficit to 12 at halftime, which should brighten the mood of Andrew Gaze, given his clear and consistent disdain for the Cairns Taipans

Reply #910946 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Tbh I've never heard anything that makes me think that.

What makes you say that Gaze has clear and consistent disdain?

Reply #910948 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Perth will win

Waardenburg has 3, the other Cairns starters have 2 each

Refs mvp and Perth to win

You heard it first here

Reply #910949 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

First 2 possessions, clear Taipans defensive intensity has dropped

They're worried about fouls

Reply #910950 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Those fouls they invented on Waardenburg really hurting Cairns now. He's not playing D

Refs, and Thomas, mvp so far of 3rd quarter

Reply #910951 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

I've been playing basketball for 30 years and it's my favourite sport, but this game has been the perfect example of why AFL is better to watch than NBL

Refs have too much influence in basketball

Reply #910952 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

What was Bryce doing if not shooting? Going for a joy flight?

Reply #910953 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

It's almost as if Melbourne have something riding on this.

Cough, cough.

Reply #910954 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Cairs pushing then throwing shoulder and elbows on every screen haven't been called for one, perth about three offensive fouls so far...

Reply #910955 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

I'm not worried about United, I've already pretty much given up. Without Ili, no chance and I doubt they'll risk him from here, even if he's 100% fine

Reply #910956 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Perth doesn't deserve to win. Refs, I just shake my head, it’s not easy but surely they can be consistent, to many made up calls, let them play.

Reply #910957 | Report this post

Pickem  
Last year

@KET I guess the fuse was lit back in the Taipans' first ever season in the NBL when Gaze declared that the Melbourne Tigers would never lose a game to the Cairns Taipans, or words to that effect, after one of their victories against the Taipans that season.. whenever I’ve heard Gaze calling a game involving the Taipans, I’ve always perceived a distinct lack of enthusiasm and interest from him in what Cairns is doing.. it’s all about what the opposition is doing well or not doing well..

Earlier this season when the Taipans gave Melbourne a bath in Cairns, Gaze spent three quarters of the game commentating one side - and it wasn’t the one up by 20+ points.. Here again tonight in that first half it was all about how poor the Wildcats were and how the Taipans weren’t throwing anything remarkable at them..

He clearly considers Cairns the red headed step child of the NBL

Reply #910958 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

To be fair this game is about Perth

In all likelihood NZ wins tomorrow, meaning Cairns is probably playing for nothing

All eyes are on Perth, they're the ones who have something to play for. And something to lose

Reply #910959 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Gaze don't like homophobes

Reply #910960 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

The last offensive foul on Kuol was a disgrace. Refs doing everything to win this for cats.

Reply #910961 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

There's no team in professional basketball that’s as bad at defense than Perth - and that’s on the coach.

The simplest of screens/pick and roll and Perths defense instantly collapses and is scrambling mode.

Reply #910962 | Report this post

PerthArena  
Last year

Is it... no longer a tech when the bench runs on the court??

Reply #910963 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Ref's as usual no control of the game, had to be a couple fouls on that last play, on perth, just call it, the whole stadium wants that blatant shit called, we don't want soft where we're they fouls. It's not that hard!!

Reply #910964 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cairns best two players out, McCall and Pinder and cats can't get over the line. Worst defensive team in the league and that’s saying something

Reply #910965 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Ironically they are possibly better than their defensive avg, problem is the offensive team forget how to play offence...

Reply #910966 | Report this post

Death, taxes and Anon whingeing about refs after a Perth loss.

Reply #910967 | Report this post

Reply #910968 | Report this post

Reply #910969 | Report this post

Pickem  
Last year

Ahhhh, Gaze finally acknowledges the banged up, under strength Taipans.. with a minute 15 left in the game

Reply #910970 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Cairns has heart and soul. You can't help but love them

Perths D is woeful. And they ran into a team who pushed them away from what's been working offensively.

In the last few minutes, multiple fouls uncalled on Perth while Cairns were shooting or driving. After calling soft crap on Cairns all game.

Perth will get the same help Sunday and playing Sydney potentially minus Cooks, with top spot in the bag. Don't write them off just yet

Reply #910971 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Last year

Looks like wildcats will be changing faces next year with today's loss. No way this team is going to win this year.

Rillie will fail in his first year. Will he get a second? Whoever selected this team cannot be given the chance to do that next year.

Harris should be given a chance next year to replace Norton. Blanchfield should be let go at whatever cost. T Webster a big no as he can’t shoot.

Reply #910972 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

That was a win for the ages

Incredible stat- 32 bench points to 4. The team missing 3 players and playing DP's outscores the big name Wildcats bench by 28. Rillie should've played T Webster more and C Webster less

Reply #910973 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Congratulations to Cairns, great win and keeps pressure on NZ.
Forde has taken three years to become a quality senior coach, it takes time.
Taipans have a reasonable bench, it helps greatly .
Hogg is a gun.
Waardenburg is also going to be great, very solid already.

Websters while at times fantastic players are not consistent enough.
Thomas and Manek same, to inconsistent and Manek is soft most times.
Too much reliance on Cotton.
Other than Travers, no one boxes out, yes Wagstaff but he's well past his best.
Perth rebuild probably bigger task than Adelaide. Brisbane and Illawarra still worse.

Sydney will go flat out on Sunday to not do Perth any favours. Smith will love it.

Perth are done, two seasons in a row.

Reply #910974 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Soft underbelly this perth team. They cant grind out wins when required. No heart or defensive intensity with their season on line. Credit to Cairns they are well coached and with players out they keep playing their system. Same cant be said about Rillie. He's relied on Cotton webster and co to bail out his lack of a game plan most of the season.But when the three ball isn't dropping they cant win other ways. He seems clueless and players are possibly flat because of his shorter rotation policy the past few weeks.

Reply #910975 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

IMO there is enough talent on the team to be getting more bench production. Onus is on the coach to be giving them defined roles and it enables more rest for the starters. Fourth quarter fade outs have been a common occurrence lately.

Reply #910976 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Well deserved loss due to SEG mismanagement.

Reply #910977 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Forde has taken three years to become a quality senior coach, it takes time."

Agree it takes time, for sure. But in fairness to Forde, he went 19-17 with an injury-hit squad his first year. It was clear he had some idea, but now he's much more rounded as a coach and has his guys all buying what he's selling.

Reply #910979 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Lv, you couldn't be more out of touch if you are referring to the wildcats as "big name" they don't have a bench.

Reply #910981 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Also this anon called out ref's not calling fouls on perth too

Reply #910982 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

To think the Wildcats had Forde followed by Roth in the assistant coach role. What a dynasty.

Reply #910983 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

Bench points Perth = 4 , Bench points Taipans 32.

Perth Bench between the players that played had about the same total time as Taipans bench.

The reality is this bench was cooked after last year and Mills and co, didnt make changes that were blatantly obvious. When this season showed us as unable to rebound or defend the management didn't flip Manek or Thomas for bigger rebounders , which realistically was all we could do to try and solve defensive and rebounding issues. Manek been good in a way but is not what these team is lacking.

Feel sorry for Bryce, top score, top rebounds, All heart. Gutless , worthless effort from most of the remaining players.

Cats Chocked plan and simple. I am not sure how they wont choke again on Sunday.

Reply #910985 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

As a mate just said to me.... real Wildcats are in Tasmania.

Reply #910986 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Gleesons assistant coaches out coaching Rillie the last two weeks.

Reply #910987 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Forde first year in Sydney as head coach was also very unlucky to play finals, got knocked out on percentages. Came home very strong after slow start.
Kelly at cats hasn't been very successful as an assistant so far, one good year as head in Cairns though.

Reply #910989 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

" Gleesons assistant coaches out coaching Rillie the last two weeks."

This, but I'm also happy for rillie to have a go with a team he builds. This team didn’t suit him at all.

Reply #910991 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Two biggest takeaways from this:

1. Referees were blatantly favoring Cairns.
2. Referees were blatantly favoring Perth.

Reply #910992 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

It's tough to judge coaching at Perth the past two years because it's like GSW-ear Don Nelson has been putting together the rosters.

Reply #910994 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Let's be real Perth are well overdue for a complete rebuild. It starts from the top. Mills as a GM been a complete disaster. Then you have to look at the coaching staff. Assistants to the head coach.

Then you have to make some tough decisions regarding Norton, Blanchfield, Wagstaff and Majok. O you have to hope All have the self awareness to know it’s time to retire

Reply #910996 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Agreed- The real Wildcats are now in Tasmania.

Reply #910997 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

And yes, Forde has been a decent coach since day 1 in Sydney.

Reply #910998 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Two biggest takeaways from this:

1. Referees were blatantly favoring Cairns.
2. Referees were blatantly favoring Perth.

Haha, it took until the final round of the season but we finally got the matchup we've been waiting for. The long reigning MVP of bias vs the challenger who has been working overtime for multiple seasons to claim the crown, and I think he has it now.

FWIW I think Cairns' style of offence is never going to draw a lot of fouls. More than half of their shots last night were threes, where as the Cats were given no space to operate on the perimeter and were almost forced to look inside for points. Perth's 2023 interpretation of defence doesn't concede a lot of fouls either. We won't stop you getting to the rim, we'll just wave you through.

Perth actually did ok with putting pressure on the Taipans D, and the refs were very accommodating I thought.
They did all we could ask, and we still weren't good enough.

Reply #910999 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Perth definitely don't need a rebuild, just some smart signings to improve the capacity of the roster to defend and rebound. They're the best offensive team in the comp (and were close to that last year from memory), you don't want to throw that out, just make the tweaks that are needed.

Reply #911000 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Last year

McCall not playing may have been a masterstroke! Took the pressure off the Taipans completely and the Wildcats may have thought it would be an easy win. It was good to see the bench used with no starters playing excessive minutes. The Taipans bench players are better than some people think. Some of them just haven't been used much this season.

The Taipans now go into the play offs on a positive note rather than coming off 4 losses in 5 games, which is what they were looking at. The play offs will be a much tougher task though regardless of any home court advantage they will have.

The concern is McCall. He is going to be playing restricted and one wonders the wisdom of him having gone to Perth. It can't help the healing process a great deal spending 7 hours or so on a plane to Perth and then doing it again a couple of days later back to Cairns. I imagine if he had of been left home though he probably would have jumped on the next flight and turned up at RAC Arena anyway!

Reply #911002 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Last year

Cotton doesn't look happy in the hug- showing his displeasure with his mates. I would too if my mates let me down.

Reply #911007 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

@Anon Tai Webster

And Blanchfield,,Wagstaff and Norton, regardless of any struggles this season are proven NBL performers.

Blanchfield was literally the number one offensive option on a Grand Final team 18 months ago. He's 31. Not even old.

It's a black mark against Rillie if he can't get anything out of Blanchfield.

Reply #911008 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

Genuine question cbf deep diving on stats - does any other team play their bench as little as Perth or get as little out of them when they do?

Imports aside if any player on the squad outside of BC, Travers, Webster bros, maybe Norton/Wagstaff/Blanchfield is back next season and continues to warm a seat for 35 mins there is some seriously dumb behind the scenes nonsense going on. If you have no faith in them and its a comedy of errors when they are court send them home ffs. Development my arse.

Reply #911009 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Blanchfield is with the likes of Steindl and Gliddon these days. Australian basketball is in dire needs of shooters if the backup plan for the boomers is getting Cotton naturalised as a shooter. The only real standouts are DJ, Goulding and Broekhoff where you dare not to leave them the slightest bit of daylight. Is the development of juniors nearly predicated of just finding 6 9 athletic kids and hopefully they can become shooters? Would think in this age of basketball we could get "great" shooters coming through. Certainly on average it has improved across the board, nearly everyone has to be capable to make it these days. But where are the guys like a Goulding who can get unconscious? Just feels like the past with guys like Gaze, Heal, Maher, Rillie etc were way more dangerous than nowadays, but that may be because they stood out more in those days than now.
Back to Perth, I think they can only keep one of the Webster's to act as Cottons scoring partner off the bench. Wagstaff should be in a Haslem role, link to the past but not seeing any playing time unless injuries. Could keep Norton in nearly the same role, but probably would have to decide on one or the other. Blanchfield to become a Steindl/Gliddon role, only play in certain situations.
Manek just isn't good enough for this current team, maybe in the past where he wouldn't have been relied upon to plug so many big holes he may have fit in. Just a tweener that just does enough of everything, but doesn't excel at anything. Was supposed the be a stretch, but too inconsistent.
Need a big PG to run alongside Cotton and a big to stabilise the defence. Ironically I wouldn't be surprised if they go after DJ if Adelaide let him go, says more about their list management than anything. What a disaster that would be. But they should target a big like Pardon who rolls hard of PnR to help Cotton. Then try and attract some talent that suits Rillies philosophy.

Reply #911022 | Report this post

AlphabetA  
Last year

Frisbee - kids nowadays are attracted to entertainment - dunking is far more attractive than hitting 3s (and for 6'5+ easier) :) to become a consistent shooter it takes lots of practice to create that muscle memory and then eye/hand coordination. The reason why Gaze became Gaze was that he practiced 2-3 hrs every day, not because he wanted to but because of necessity. His dad was in charge of courts in Albert park so Gazey would shoot before and after school waiting his dad :)

I'm just puzzled with Blanchfield and Norton - from what I hear they are on a really big coin and sitting them out makes no sense, at least financially. I can understand JR wants to win but instead of building confidence he basically benched them, it will be really interesting to see what will happen with most of them if they don't make it.

Reply #911024 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

AlphabetA, I would respectfully disagree to some extent. Poster dunks will always get number 1 spots on Sportscenter, but with Curry and the explosion of 3 point shooting, it should be better than ever. It makes for horrible viewing most of the time, teams just bombing away. But Curry innovated the 3 point shot so much that there's always a GSW top in a stadium. An old coach of mine told me not to worry about having 3 point shooting drills years ago because the kids will do it themselves. And you see before every practice, and a lot of individual shooting, kids are stuck on the 3 point line. Once they get to 18s they'll try and grab the ring, some eventually being able to dunk it. But behind every kids dream of being a highlight dunker, they want to be a shooter, above having handles.
It just seems that Europe seems to pump out all these shooters of varying sizes, but Australia seems to lack enough depth that Cotton is an option.

Reply #911026 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

There is too much love on this thread for Norton and Blanchfield based off their past and not based off this year and the second half of last year. I think it was one of our last losses where both blanchfield and norton scored zero points in 21 minutes that Rillie shortened the rotation.

Blanchfield in particular has not played well for two seasons - there is a reason he is on the bench. He doesnt play great D, he doesnt rebound particularly well and you give him the open 3 pointer he misses more than he makes. Rillie didnt have much choice if he wanted to win.

I suspect next years roster will not include the players out of the rotation, Rille is sending a message to Blanchfield he has no real future under his coaching and needs to move on, similar to Majok and possibly even Norton to a degree - all the commentators know he is no where near his best from 2 seasons ago.

So lets stop the Norton/Blanchfield love - they lose their minutes as they didn't perform whilst we kept losing. It only turned around after they went to the bench and barely played. Not a coincidence.

Cats need to get bigger and faster, Cairns have picked up more of the players you need in 2023. Qol for example towers over all of our short guards, so is near un-defendable down low for a shooting guard.

Cats need to get rid of so many small guards and get a team that is faster, , taller, can defend faster players and stay in front of them, has more athleticism etc..

The club needs a cleanout and renewal to find the next generation that will consistently win, rebound and defend.

Reply #911029 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Twenty (or more) years ago, the emphasis at the AIS seemed to change from looking for skills to looking for athletes. There have been enough threads on here complaining about poor shooters or juniors with poor shooting form.

Given that the game is so much faster these days, and most kids over 6 foot can dunk, that might explain why we have so many kids coming out of our elite pathways who can dunk but can't shoot at a decent clip with decent form. Broekhoff, Ingles, Vasiljevic and Goulding are old-school - skilled but not necessarily athletic. Cotton and Mills are both.

Reply #911030 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

I'll happily take Blanchfield at United to replace Newley's 14 minutes a game off the bench

Reply #911046 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Undoubtedly Vickerman would turn him into a valuable contributor off the bench- much like Newley who was 36 when he signed and most people thought he was done

Blanchfield would do even better as he's got more in the tank. With a good coach like Vickerman. Rillie is not. I'm hearing a lot of complaints from Cats fans about the roster. Maybe the difference is Perth used to have a coach who got the absolute best out of his roster, now they don't

Reply #911047 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

No you're off the mark there LV, the Wildcats' roster lacks defensive and rebounding ability. Sure Rillie is a first-year coach and will improve defensively, but there's no Knight/Kay/Hire/Martin types who can dominate the possession game.

To say Rillie is not a good coach is a bit naive, he is obviously getting great things out of his team offensively, which is impressive for a rookie. He needs to improve defensively, and that starts with recruiting.

Reply #911050 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

I didnt say the roster was flawless.

But look at United last year, they had only two serious options in the half court offense. It was a severely limited roster and most tipped them to miss playoffs.

In the end, they were minor premiers and a Goulding game day injury off a GF berth. That's what a good coach does.

Cotton is one of the NBL's all-time greats. There's enough of a supporting cast that playoffs should've been a definite by this stage, especially with a great injury run compared to most other teams.

Why isn't Majok playing more? He's physical, strong and a good rebounder. ie: What they need more of.

Travers is a superstar in the making, has all the tools, should've taken great strides at the age of 21 but hasn't.

And my prediction is Blanchfield has a couple of decent years left in him. He's better than languishing and playing 4 minutes a game. Same with Norton. I simply don't believe these guys have regressed as far in 18 months as people are making out. Sometimes it's confidence that takes a dive when you're not fitting or the current group isn't working for you. But it's up to the coach to make it work.

Reply #911052 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

I must say, surely it's hard to defend Rillie when they just got pantsed by the likes of Jonah Antonio, Ben Ayre and Lat Mayen

Perth was playing for their season and they were terrible defensively. Not just lacklustre, they looked borderline disinterested at times. And outrebounded 22-8 in the opening stages.

Rillie is a rookie and has time. I like that they're trying to play free flowing basketball, that's something

Reply #911055 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Newley is a far better option than Blanchfield, he plays D and Vickerman respects D.

Reply #911066 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Travers is a superstar in the making, has all the tools, should've taken great strides at the age of 21 but hasn't."

Travers' improvement as this season has gone on has been clear for (almost) all to see. The last 12 games he's had 10.2ppg at 58% FG and 58% 3p. Last season he was 7.8ppg at 42% and 25%. He's Perth's number one overall plus/minus this year, last year he was sixth.

Reply #911074 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth does not have the best offense in the nba as someone mentioned. That is Sydney.

Reply #911083 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Those aren't "great strides" by Travers.

18 months ago I was anticipating he'd be in the All-NBL conversation by now. Where's the Giddey, JLA, Pinder level improvement?

Reply #911084 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

I'd even say Travers has gone backwards in real terms. What he was doing 2 seasons ago as a 19 year old was more impressive than his current work at 21.

Reply #911085 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

And by "in real terms" I mean age adjusted ability. Factoring in his age I'm no longer as bullish about his future prospects compared to 2 seasons ago

Reply #911086 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

LV +1

Reply #911093 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Imo Travers has been fine, the problem is he's covering for poor defenders at 4/5 spot. He should never come off the bench, I’m not certain how the subbing has helped anyone in the team.

Reply #911096 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Travers is a much better prospect than a year ago. His improvement in offensive efficiency is enormous as this season has gone on has been enormous. He was never going to be putting up massive PPG numbers with the amount of offensive talent on his team.

Reply #911102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754