ME
Last year

Rocco Zikarsky's ceiling. Is he actually 'next big thing?"

So I've seen a bit of this 7'2 kid, Rocco Zikarsky, and while I can see he's got great length and mobility for his size, he appears to have little outside of a dunk shot. Obviously at 16 he has a lot of room to grow (mind the pun), but how do you guys project his future? Is he a Luke Longley or a Luke Nevill? The next Andrew Bogut or the next Wade Helliwell?

Topic #50884 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Last year

No idea who he is.

But what is his age, and what coaching and development has he had so far?

Reply #911381 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Wasn't he on some Today Tonight kind of story doing the usual he's an abnormally tall kid for his age so must be an amazing basketballer story. And the obligatory mum talking about how much he eats and growing boy joke down to him looking in the fridge.

Reply #911388 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

7'2 2006 Center at the nba global academy

Reply #911389 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #911397 | Report this post

Aussie  
Last year

Rocco will make his senior Boomers debut later this month playing in the qualifiers

Reply #911404 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last year

All I know is what I saw in the video.

I hope he makes it, but he's just starting out. See how he goes once he completes the GA program.

Perhaps training with the Boomers would give him insights into how he needs to develop. I wouldn’t want him picked in a Boomers team this year though, Aussie. Too much pressure. Could he travel and train with them though?

I hope they get him doing some work with Longley, Bradtke or even Bogut.

Reply #911408 | Report this post

Aussie  
Last year

Bogut has reached out to him letting him know that if he needs any input, it is there for him.

He will be playing in the qualifiers. No pressure as Australia has already qualified for the WC.

It will be a great experience for him

Reply #911409 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Smart move to get playing early for Australia, he's got a German father, get him in before they pick him up.

Reply #911418 | Report this post

LC  
Last year

He has already repped Australia at junior level.

https://www.fiba.basketball/en/player/314338/Rocco-Zikarsky

Was named to the All-Star five at last year's U16 FIBA Asian Cup.

Reply #911423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754