Basketball man
Last year

Referee pay 2023

Has anyone got a copy of the BSA referee pay scale for district and social leagues. With the lack of referees having to cancel games ever increasing it would be interesting to see what they are getting paid.

Topic #50925 | Report this topic

BigFishLittlePond  
Last year

It appears a secret

Reply #912585 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last year

Why is referee pay a secret?

Referee kids talk. People must know.

Is BSA asking refs including kids to sign non disclosure agreements? These wouldn't even be enforceable. Adults can sign those, but kids would need a parent/guardian, and would they be able to understand the legal ramifications?

Why keep something a secret if it’s already known?

Reply #912646 | Report this post

BigFishLittlePond  
Last year

I didn't actually mean it’s a secret
It’s just not publicised or promoted

I am sure if you are a ref, You will know what they pay you

Reply #912653 | Report this post

Observer  
Last year

If you want referee's return,pay them cash at end of night ,nowadays refs get paid at end of week ,like the old days ...plus it’s time for a pay rise ,as a parent ,my son hasn’t had a pay rise for a while .He’s planning to move on soon ,another ref lost to other sectors .

Reply #912671 | Report this post

radelaide  
Last year

The payment depends on the league where they referee. Was getting paid more to referee social than district. The highest paid rates for referees are the school games.

Reply #912710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:53 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754