GordonG
Last year

Australia v Bahrain 23/2

Already-qualified Boomers put up a different looking team.

Should still win, I guess, though the first 2:10 doesn't look very pretty

Topic #50938 | Report this topic

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Is there a box score anywhere?

Reply #912783 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fiba.basketball%2Fbasketballworldcup%2F2023%2Fasian-qualifiers%2Fgame%2F2302%2FAustralia-Bahrain%23tab%3Doverview

Reply #912784 | Report this post

This is a really bad quarter. Boomers scored 7 points in the 3rd quarter.

Reply #912785 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Should still win

Well yeah, Bahrain were at 100-1 odds.

Reply #912786 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

and the handicap was set at 50 points!

Reply #912787 | Report this post

JMS  
Last year

Comfortable win, second half was very scrappy with poor shooting from the Boomers.

Blanchfield had a great game and showed he's still got plenty left to contribute - obviously hasn’t been utilised correctly by Rillie. Not sure how Grida gets a run, hustle guy maybe but seems to make a lot of mistakes.

Reply #912788 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

Blanchfield should perhaps go spend the off season in New Zealand and get his confidence back. Seems to have done a world of difference for Rob Loe.

Reply #912794 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'm not certain playing against Bahrain counts for much re nbl form.

Reply #912800 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

So we won by 32 but Marshall and Toohey, good prospects for the future, played less than 10 minutes each whereas the old guard played more than 20 each.

I know there's been the discussion about not taking chances and all that, but seriously?! If we were far in front for most of the game and we won’t get much easier opponents than Bahrain, then why the hell couldn’t the youngsters have had more minutes to get used to international ball?

Reply #912812 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Playing Bahrain is not going to get anyone used to international ball

Reply #912813 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

It's a better start than blooding them against China or Japan

Reply #912816 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes Bevo side last year against Japan was much better.

Reply #912818 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

It's hard to call that team "the Boomers". They've gone in to do a job and theyre going to get it done. But still it just doesn't jive with me. We should have put more young guys on the team. There is truly nothing to gain in this series.

Reply #912832 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754