GordonG
Last year

2023 Free Agency Thread

What do you reckon, keep it all in here?

27th March - Clubs to confirm their options.

28th March - List of players and values sent to teams.

30th March - Free Agency starts.

Topic #50982 | Report this topic

GordonG  
Last year

Taipans - Ben Ayre to Free Agency

Taipans - Lat Mayen option taken for 2023/24

36ers - Anthony Drmic to Free Agency

Reply #913900 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Cairns to go to Sydney!

Reply #913901 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Jackjumpers - Sam McDaniel to free agency (player option not picked up)

Reply #913903 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Drmic's option was a mutal option so I wouldn't read too much into that it's more a marketing gimmick than anything looks better saying you signed a player to a 2 year deal rather than the 1 year deal it really was.

Ben Ayre re-signed with Cairns to a 2 year deal in July so I'm really surprised the Taipans aren't picking up their option on him for next season.

https://nbl.com.au/news/taipans-sign-ben-ayre-to-two-year-deal

Reply #913905 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Ayre is OK for a bench guy, could be worth pursuing.

Reply #913906 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Off the top of my head I know these players are definitely free agents plus some with options that get declined will join the list.

Adelaide - Clark*, Johnson, Drmic, Harris, Acuoth, Sotto (team op won't be back)

Perth - Thomas*, Manek*, Travers, Wagstaff, Majok, Shervill

Cairns - Hogg*, Scott*, Pinder, Kuol, Ayre

Brisbane - Johnson*, White*, Cadee, Krebs, Gak, Froling, Stattmann, Bach

Sydney - Walton*, Simon*, Soares*, Glover

Illawarra - Frazier*, Siva*, Mathiang, Deng, Gak, White, Coenraad (retired)

Melbourne - Tucker*, Rathan-Mayes*, Lee*, Hukporti (NS), Humphries, Newley, Peatling, Barlow, Okwera, Maluach, Barker

SE Melbourne - Browne*, Kell*, Broekhoff, Adnam, Pineau, Anticevic, Smith-Milner

Tasmania - Doyle*, Magette*, Kelly*, McDaniel, Kenyon, Weeks, White, Forsyth

New Zealand - Brantley*, Brown*, Pardon*, McDowell-White, Abercrombie, Loe, Timmins

Reply #913907 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Ayre is OK for a bench guy, could be worth pursuing.

Absolutely, I would love to see him back at the Sixers.

Reply #913908 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Bullets Gak signed at Perth a few weeks ago, thought I read somewhere.
While Drimic had a very reasonable season, to many the same ilk of players already signed. He's better moving on.

Reply #913909 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Gak hasn't signed with Perth, free agency hasn't started yet.

Reply #913910 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Ok, thanks, I certainly read that he's playing nbl1 over there and cats were chasing.

Reply #913914 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

I would wager they've (illegally) come to an agreement already and he'll be signed within seconds of free agency officially opening, as happens every year. But officially, he's not signed.

Reply #913915 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

"Drmic's option was a mutal option so I wouldn't read too much into that it's more a marketing gimmick than anything"

I would read into it - they couldn't come to an agreement so either 36ers pay up or he goes to somewhere like Tassie

Reply #913916 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Drimic more likely at SEM, or Sydney of Glover goes. Krebs, Kay and moller reportedly in JJs sights.

Reply #913917 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Yeah nbl today treats Drmic more as gone opposed to negotiating

Reply #913918 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Drmic was one of few bright spots for Sixers, which is unsettling in itself. Can only imagine he's after a multi year deal and Sixers don't want to committ. Might be a decent option to replace one of the bench pensioners at United on a multi year deal.
Okwera would be someone I'd go after, has shown some flashes, might be ready to take the next step. But to pry him from United it might be a MM overpay and he just remains a bench guy. Plus would hate to see CJ try and develop him.

Reply #913922 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I'd be very disappointed if he’s not back

Reply #913933 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

McDowell White - Perth or Breakers

Gak -has committed to Perth.

Kay - is a very, very strong possibility for Perth given family reasons (wife side)

Reply #913940 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Cairns to go to Sydney!

It sucks, doesn't it? It really, really sucks. Greg Hire.

Reply #913941 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

and moller reportedly in JJs sights.

Moller under Roth? Imagine the defence. Giggity.

Reply #913943 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Hoopla says Cadee and Krebs not returning to Brisbane. Cadee I'm surprised about.

Reply #913944 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I'm not Cadee had it there too good for too long. CEO gone, GM gone, coach gone.

I would read into it

What I meant was it was really only a one year deal with Drmic, we were going to be negotiating with him again at this point regardless.

Reply #913948 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Hopefully WMW can win a title tonight in Sydney and then re-sign with NZ.
If not, all the best for him in his next gig. The guys an absolute stud and deserves to get paid and has been a pleasure to watch and support since joining the Breakers.

Reply #913978 | Report this post

DreamShake  
Last year

Any insight why Ayre's option wasn't taken GordonG? Seemed a no brainer based on his performance off the bench? Salary clearing for Pinder's offer?

Reply #913984 | Report this post

proud  
Last year

Was it NBL Marketplace that suggested DJ wasn't going to be kept by the 36ers, surely he'd be helpful somewhere.

I'd like to see Humphries at Illawarra but I see him being too expensive and we know he won't go to Cairns

Would love to see Krebs go to Jackjumpers and they really market a Tasmanian within their organisation (something I thought Goulding would be).

Any chance Wetzell returns to the league?

Reply #913985 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Yeah Olgun said 36ers have no desire for Johnson to return.

Drmic gone because they couldn't reach an agreement.

I’d like to see (a healthy ish) Humphries back at Adelaide... *hides in anticipation for rocks to be thrown*

Reply #913986 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Cairns Post Wednesday:

Cairns Taipans have denied any official movement on either player (Lat Mayen and Ben Ayre), and have not informed the NBL of any decision.

Reply #913987 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

https://www.espn.in/nbl/story/_/id/35848318/espn-ultimate-guide-nbl-2023-free-agency?platform=amp

Reasonable summary in this article of free agents.

Reply #913989 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Spatial Jam Transaction Tracker incorporates ESPN and all other sources.

Reply #913992 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

(scroll down past the tables to the middle of the page to view it.)

Reply #913993 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

passed*

Reply #913994 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

We've already seen Nick Kay, for example, sign a new deal in Japan that's worth, sources said, effectively the amount of the entire NBL salary cap, so the substantial money to be made in Asia remains an obstacle for the Australian league to overcome.

Bloody hell, doesn't sound like we'll be seeing Kay back in the NBL anytime soon.

Reply #913995 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I'm hoping that’s over multiple years.... So more like 500-800k per year rather than 1.5million per year….

Otherwise NBL is royally f’d in the future

Reply #913996 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Olgun says United want to bring back both Lee and Hukporti with Humphries on the out so now that he showed he could play a relatively injury-free season I wouldn't mind the Sixers taking a look at him again, not for anywhere near the $400K a year he was on last time with us but $200-250k, especially with DJ's contract ending might be worth a punt.

Reply #913997 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

PW 'past' was correct LOL

Reply #913998 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I'm hoping that's over multiple years.... So more like 500-800k per year rather than 1.5million per year....

Yeah agree it has to be, no way could Kay get $1.5M a year in Europe he's a $700-800k type talent, which he couldn't get in the NBL obviously.

Reply #913999 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

PW 'past' was correct LOL

Haha, I realised that myself later on. Facepalm.

I'm not a morning person.

Reply #914005 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

This is a good resource for the pay structure of the B.League:

Japan Pro Basketball League Salaries: BLeague 1, BLeague 2 Salaries

Reply #914006 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

JAPAN basketball league salaries

Despite its modest No.42 FIBA Global Ranking, Japan actually has one of the highest-paying overseas basketball leagues in the ENTIRE WORLD with Japanese players earning a base average salary of $147K USD per year according to a Japan Times 2019 report.

When it comes to foreigner-born players, it is not entirely uncommon for these players to make over $1 million USD (bonuses/incentives included) if competing in the top Japanese domestic league - the B.League1.

It is entirely possible Kay has signed for close to the NBL salary cap since $1m USD = $1.5m AUD.

Reply #914007 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Locals average salary $147k USD, so over $200k in our money that's nuts. I didn't realise they were paying that well over there, then $1M USD might not be totally out of the question for Kay especially after playing a few seasons there now and impressing as a known commodity.

Good luck to him go get that monopoly money young fella.

Reply #914008 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I believe Kay signed a three year deal at 550k per season, he's got one year left on his contract. That’s more than he could earn in Europe. Most div one clubs still pay well above what you can earn in the nbl in Italy, Spain, France, Germany, even Poland, Denmark Lithuania pay more plus top teams in Serbia. I’ll add, Turkey, Greece, probably a few I’ve missed.
Marquee in Australia do well the rest ok but in short careers you can understand why Motum and others go OS.

Reply #914012 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

550k wouldn't make him the highest-paid player in the NBL, there's no way that's being portrayed as "more than the salary cap".

Reply #914014 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I believe Kay signed a three year deal at 550k per season, he's got one year left on his contract. That's more than he could earn in Europe.

and against easier opponents.

Got it, so the quote above references the existing deal and not a new one (I wish posters would link their source for context).

At least we brushed up on the payscales in Japan.

Reply #914017 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #914019 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth and Alex Ducas have mutual interest

Reply #914020 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

So for 36ers:

No Drmic, DJ, Franks, Sotto

C ?/?
F ?/Galloway
F Cleveland/Marshall
G McCarron/Dech
G ?/?

Reply #914571 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Is Franks a definite no?

He's got an option for next season but the belief is he likely won't be back because he'll probably find a better deal and opt out before the season, basically the same thing we went through with him last off-season.

Harris & Acuoth are free agents too I'd like to see Harris back but wouldn't thought much chance Acuoth will be re-signed.

Reply #914577 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

NBL today they basically said Franks and DJ won't be back.

Reading the tea leaf I’d imagine they won’t be back then

Reply #914580 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Okay yeah well they would know and also the QAnon poster on here did say immediately after the season ended that Franks won't be back next season.

Reply #914584 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Santa on DJ:

NBL analyst Liam Santamaria believes, as hard as it might be, that Johnson and the 36ers should part ways.

"Maybe it's a controversial view, but I think it’s time to move in different directions," Santamaria said on NBL Today.

“Daniel Johnson has been a legend of that club, it’s a shame he hasn’t hoisted a trophy as an Adelaide 36er.

“As a player and a club you need to start to look at what the future has on offer, and I think for both parties it’s best spent elsewhere.”

Santa on Franks:

“He was good last season, but not great,” Santamaria said of Franks. “He wasn’t what everybody and the Adelaide 36ers thought or hoped he would be in terms of that guy at Brisbane who had the potential to be an all-league type performer.

“There was an option on the second year of that contract, was that a player option, a mutual option? How that decision making process is taking place, I’m not sure.

“It doesn’t surprise me that the Adelaide 36ers are keen to look how else they can structure that front court.”

https://nbl.com.au/news/adelaide-legend-set-to-move-on

Reply #914595 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Also for Perth fans although I can't find the article now I read on the NBL website last night that the Wildcats have told Blanchfield, Norton and Zunic they're no longer required and are trying to work with other teams to take on their remaining contracts.

36ers should probably be looking at Blanchfield then.

Reply #914596 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Article about Perth, rumours that the 3 have been given permission to shop around:

https://nbl.com.au/news/wildcats-set-for-roster-refresh

Reply #914597 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Last year

Zodiac, where does Blanchfield fit in when we've already got Cleveland and Marshall?

Reply #914598 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I'm not sure Marshall's got anything to do with anything but Blanchfield when he's on is a great shooter at least someone who needs to be guarded outside, something we always lack.

I know he's a bit pea-hearted and clearly had the sulks on last season in Perth but his body of work including those two dominant performances for the Boomers in the recent qualifiers means the Sixers should at the very least be looking into him. Have Cleveland at the two spot and TB starting at the three.

Reply #914599 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers had to many guards, wings last season, still got a few, while I think Blanchfield could play well under CJ, I'm not convinced you not rocking the apple cart, Dech would certainly be peeved.
Johnson coming off bench for cats could do ok as long as he understood it’s similar to how the breakers use Rob Loe.

Reply #914600 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Blanchfield and Norton out is awesome news. ♥

Reply #914626 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Yeah new look Perf next season

Reply #914627 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

"Locals average salary $147k USD, so over $200k in our money that's nuts. I didn't realise they were paying that well over there, then $1M USD might not be totally out of the question for Kay especially after playing a few seasons there now and impressing as a known commodity. "

If the league can stay afloat with this kind of investment in local talent the only way is up for Japanese basketball in the longterm. Right now though some of those locals are getting paid WELL beyond their ability...

Reply #914628 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Glover resigns for two more seasons at kings.

Gibson talking up Peatling as Cooks replacement, the old mates act. It would be replacing the rolls with a mini.

Reply #914663 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Perhaps it's the best they can do. It may give Peatling more opportunities, anyway.

Reply #914664 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

They are talking about Sydney looking like

Walton jr-Bruce
Vasljevic-Glover
Kuol-Galloway
Simon-Noi-Peatling
Import-Hunter

Reply #914665 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^
If that side is anywhere near correct, it's a reasonable side, not as good as there last two though. If I’m Hunter I’m saying bye, bye, he’s a starter, should go to Cairns.

Reply #914666 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

If Blanchfield has contract remaining, is it likely to work out as in the past where the new team can bid low and leave the old team paying the majority of the contract value?

Obviously that low amount is influenced by how much other interest the play would get in the league.

Reply #914667 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Like Hunter, I'd believe that Blanchfield would play very well under Forde.

Reply #914668 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Schueller looks like he wants the squad to be

McdowellWhite-Adnam
Sobey-Drmic
Import-(Blanchfield, Mcdaniel, Ducas, Stith or Diing)
Import-Mitchell-Peatling
Baynes-Harrison

Reply #914671 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Peatling or Vague..

Reply #914672 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Last year

Wouldn't Sobey and Baynes both be marquee guys? And you'd think WMW would need to be marquee too. If so, then they'd only have one import spot available.

Reply #914673 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

If I'm Hunter I’m saying bye, bye, he’s a starter, should go to Cairns.

Hunter's still got another year to go on his contract with the Kings.

Reply #914674 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

If Blanchfield has contract remaining, is it likely to work out as in the past where the new team can bid low and leave the old team paying the majority of the contract value?

Blanchfield's got 2 years remaining on his contract. I don't think the object is for the player to want to leave as he could effectively walk away from that contract at any time, in this instance like with McCarron at the Sixers the team doesn't want the player for those terms anymore and are asking other teams to take on their contracts and likely offering to pay some of it to make it happen.

For example McCarron's on $350K+ per year with one year to go on his contract, the Sixers were trying to get another team to take that on, perhaps they might've been offering to pay say $100-150k of it or something but still couldn't find any takers.

Reply #914675 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Worth pointing out it's a rumour that nobody knows where it started and when clubs went to the 36ers, they told clubs no he’s not leaving.

Whether or not Adelaide was low key trying to gauge interest is another thing.

Btw, sounds like Adelaide’s going for an actual import PG this time.

Reply #914676 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last year

So with DJ moving on (well all speculation suggesting so) what opportunities open up for "locals" at that spot?

One thing DJ became very good at was being a big man who could stretch the floor. Not many of them around.

Reply #914677 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hunter might have a year left but can request a release, no point having an unhappy player on your team. He's to good for bench minutes.

Reply #914679 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

He's busy winning championships on his hometown team. Not sure he's got much to be unhappy about.

Reply #914680 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Yeah I reckon he's loving life at the moment. He doesn't strike me as the self-centred type.

Reply #914686 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Norton to the Hawks or Cairns

Reply #914699 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Taipans have added two more to their free agency list Majok Deng's mutual option not happening to become a FA and Mirko Djeric and the club have mutually agreed to release him from the last year of his contract to become a FA.

https://nbl.com.au/news/taipans-announce-player-options

Sixers should look at bringing Deng home where he played his best and Djeric might even be worth a chat too.

Reply #914796 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings already got a nice core signed, cats got a few as well except they don't seem to want Blanchfield or Norton. Ayre would be sort player united would jump at, certainly with doubt on Illi future. There is some good players available but also some very average ones.

Reply #914828 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Wildcats Tai Webster is on the FA list which is odd because he signed a 2 year deal. Nothing mentioned about an option and I would've thought Perth would want to have locked him in for another year.

SEM's Junior Madut is on the FA list after having his team option declined.

The Hawks Alex Mudronja is on the FA list so team option must've been declined.

Reply #914829 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Tad Dufelmeir playing for Cairns in nbl1, interesting.

Reply #914833 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Adelaide could do with him back. Never understood why he was cut loose.

Reply #914834 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Neither could I but there may have been attitude issues there. I remember two seasons ago when Duff was playing for the Sixers around mid-season CJ started giving him some minutes and he was playing alright but it didn't last long before he got buried on the bench again and obviously we didn't offer him another contract.

That whole off-season no other NBL team offered him a contract either and then United brought him into training camp but declined to offer him a contract and no team this past season signed him during the season.

When he did get minutes with us two seasons ago he performed well enough and we just used Dech as our back-up PG this past season instead so there must be some sort of issue with him that NBL teams aren't willing to offer him a contract.

Reply #914835 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Olgun saying sixers interested in tia Webster to play point and Mccaron two guard.
Cairns chasing an import one and two guard. Makes me think that Pinder is a chance of returning as the high price marquee.

Reply #914836 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Lots going on in Cairns...

Reply #914838 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Would a Tai/ Mitch combination be gunning for worst shooting backcourt in NBL history? I hope CJ has a better plan than that!

Reply #914862 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Any port in a storm, Beantown...

I must admit I shuddered when I read that Tai AND McCarron? I don't think that's the answer lol

Reply #914869 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Greg Hire has a grandfather offer from Sydney, in negotiations with the Cats to see if they can match

Reply #914971 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Zodiac, tais second year was a player option. So right now he has probably opted out looking for a better offer.

Reply #915569 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Taipans add Akoldah Gak to the roster.

Reply #915586 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

SEM add other Gak

Reply #915588 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

"Gak -has committed to Perth. "

lol at peoples sources

Reply #915592 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

Updated list now

Cairns Taipans
Tahjere McCall, Jonah Antonio, Bul Kuol, Lat Mayen, Sam Mennenga, Sam Waardenburg, Akoldah Gak
Import/
McCall/Antonio
Kuol/Mayen
Mennenga/
Waardenburg/Gak

Brisbane Bullets
Nathan Sobey, Isaac White, Sam McDaniel, DJ Mitchell, Josh Bannan, Aron Baynes, Tyrell Harrison
Import/
Sobey/White
Import/McDaniel
Mitchell/Bannan
Baynes/Harrison

Sydney Kings
Shaun Bruce, Jackson Makoi (Development), Dejan Vasiljevic, Angus Glover, Jaylin Galloway, Kouat Noi, Jordan Hunter
/Bruce/Makoi
Vasilijevic/Glover
/Galloway
/Noi
/Hunter

Illawarra Hawks
Justin Robinson, William Hickey, Tyler Harvey, Daniel Grida, Wani Swaka Lo Buluk, Harry Morris (Development), Mason Peatling, Lachlan Olbrich, Sam Froling
Robinson/
Harvey/Hickey
Swaka Lo Buluk/Grida
Import/Peatling
Froling/Olbrich

New Zealand Breakers
William McDowell-White, Alex McNaught (Development), Izayah Mauriohooho-Le'afa, Cameron Gliddon, Thomas Abercrombie, Daniel Fotu, Tom Vodanovich
McDowell-White/McNaught
Mauriohooho-Le’afa/Gliddon
/Abercrombie
/Vodanovich/Fotu
/

Melbourne United
Shea Ili, Flynn Cameron, Josh Duach (Development), Chris Goulding, Zac Triplett (Development), Ariel Hukporti (Next Star)
Ili/Cameron/Duach
Goulding/Triplett
/
/
/Hukporti

South East Melbourne Phoenix
Owen Foxwell, Reuben Te Rangi, Mitchell Creek, Rhys Vague, Alan Williams, Anzac Rissetto (Development), Gorjok Gak
/Foxwell
/
/Te Rangi
Creek/Vague
Williams/Gak/Rissetto

Tasmania Jack Jumpers
Sean MacDonald (Development), Clint Steindl, Jack McVeigh, Jarred Bairstow, Fabijan Krslovic, Will Magnay
/McDonald
/
/Steindl
McVeigh/Bairstow
Magnay/Krslovic

Adelaide 36ers
Jason Cadee, Mitch McCarron, Sunday Dech, Nick Marshall, Antonius Cleveland, Kyrin Galloway, Robert Franks
Import/Cadee
McCarron/Dech
Cleveland/Marshall
Franks/Galloway
/

Perth Wildcats
Mitchell Norton, Kyle Zunic, Corey Webster, Bryce Cotton, Michael Harris (Development), Todd Blanchfield, David Okwera, Jack Andrew (Development), Keanu Pinder
Webster/Norton/Zunic
Cotton/Harris
/Blanchfield
/Okwera
Pinder/Andrew

Reply #915602 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Feels like either more teams are borrowing from the Taipans' playbook by going the "sign young collegiate guys to multi-year deals" route, or it's just a stronger than usual crop of prospects this offseason (plus no COVID stoppages re: NCAA).

Reply #915614 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Ducas opted to go back to college which is a blow to the cats who thought they were in the box seat to get him as a starter next season.

Reply #915619 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

JLA to united is a huge get

Reply #915622 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Well if JLA is returning to United, Markus Lee is available for other sides. Sixers should go hard here.

Reply #915623 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Krebs to united

Reply #915624 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Personally, I reckon Lee is a much better fit, but no doubt money is the deciding factor.

Reply #915626 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

I'd be happy to see the Sixers go after Lee. I think he'd instantly make the team much stronger defensively.

Reply #915632 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

It's a no-brainer to sign an elite Aussie over an elite import.

How can you say Lee is the better fit, Hoopie? Better fit with who? He's only the 5th player signed...

Reply #915633 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

I'm stoked JLA is back

And he's a different player to Hukporti which gives us different looks. I like that.

But ultimately, the team will now be built around JLA.

Reply #915634 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Kings sign Makuach Maluach for 1+1t. Interesting signing, not the position I was expecting we'd go after.

Reply #915650 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Travers to united is now been reported by Josh Giddey.

Looks like a announcement is imminent

Reply #915946 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

United has emailed their members, it's done

Reply #915948 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #915950 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

is he seen as a ns or full rostered player

Reply #915954 | Report this post

Bored  
Last year

Is any team going to pickup Corey Shervill?

Reply #915983 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

is he seen as a ns or full rostered player

Okay I'll bite - how could he possibly qualify as a Next Star?

Reply #916003 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Taran Armstrong -> Cairns Taipans 2 year deal according to Olgun Uluc

Reply #916668 | Report this post

An1234  
Last year

Not taking Ben Ayre's option makes sense now.

Reply #916669 | Report this post

DR  
Last year

Looks like the jumpers moved too slow on Armstrong best tasmanian kid available but now signed with cairns

Reply #916677 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Why would anyone pick up corey shervill

Taran to cairns is great move for the kid

Reply #916718 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Who's left ?
Adnam should land somewhere
Djeric, can’t see it in australia, maybe lower division in Serbia
Mudronja, looking doubtful
Majok Deng, should land somewhere, possibly lesser levels in Europe
Deng Deng, again not likely in Australia, possibility lesser levels in Europe
Ben Ayre, should get a job in Australia
Blanchfield not announced anywhere, is he done or have to lower his price tag.
Harry Froling, ? Re his health, I’ve hadn’t heard anything.
Add to the list, there are probably quite a few others, while most these guys are bench guys there is still talent missing out, need more teams.

Reply #916727 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Adelaide - Daniel Johnson, Kai Sotto, Deng Acuoth

Perth - Todd Blanchfield, Jesse Wagstaff, Majok Majok, Corey Shervill

Cairns - Bul Kuol, Majok Deng, Ben Ayre, Mirko Djeric

Brisbane - Harry Froling, Kody Stattmann, Rasmus Bach

Sydney - Biwali Bayles

Illawarra - Mangok Mathiang, Deng Deng, Alex Mudronja, Kevin White

Melbourne - David Barlow, Lachlan Barker

SE Melbourne - Ryan Broekhoff, Kyle Adnam, Junior Madut, Dane Pineau, Grant Anticevich, Tohi Smith-Milner

Tasmania - Jarrad Weeks, Tristan Forsyth

New Zealand - Tom Abercrombie, Rob Loe, Sam Timmins

Reply #916728 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^
Great work, some very handy players there. Kuol has resigned at Cairns I believe.

Reply #916729 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

Local players unsigned yet
Cairns: Deng, Ayre, Djeric, Hadley
Brisbane: Froling, Stattman, Bach, Diing
Sydney: Bayles
Illawarra: Mathiang, Deng, Mudronja, Dent
New Zealand: Loe, Timmins
Melbourne: Barker, Dalton
South East Melbourne: Broekhoff, Qi, Adnam, Pineau, Madut, Anticevich
Tasmania: Weeks
Adelaide: Johnson, Sotto, Acouth
Perth: Wagstaff, Majok, Shervill

Other names that could get spots
Naar, Dufelmeier, Perrott-Hunt, Wigness, Baba, King, Kuany, Ngatai, Teys, Prewster, Motum, Fotu, Delany, Moller, Stith, Leaupepe, Reath, Wetzell, Maker, Brandt, Hodgson, McRae

Depth charts looking like
Cairns Taipans
Taran Armstrong, Tahjere McCall, Jonah Antonio, Bul Kuol, Lat Mayen, Sam Mennenga, Sam Waardenburg, Akoldah Gak
Import/Armstrong
McCall/Antonio
Kuol/Mayen
Mennenga/Import
Waardenburg/Gak

Brisbane Bullets
Shannon Scott, Mitchell Norton, Nathan Sobey, Isaac White, Sam McDaniel, DJ Mitchell, Josh Bannan, Aron Baynes, Tyrell Harrison
Scott/Norton
Sobey/White
Import/McDaniel
Mitchell/Bannan
Baynes/Harrison

Sydney Kings
Shaun Bruce, Jackson Makoi (Development), Dejan Vasiljevic, Angus Glover, Makuach Maluach, Jaylin Galloway, Kouat Noi, Jordan Hunter
/Bruce/Makoi
Vasilijevic/Glover
/Galloway/Maluach
/Noi
/Hunter

Illawarra Hawks
Justin Robinson, AJ Johnson (Next Star), William Hickey, Tyler Harvey, Daniel Grida, Wani Swaka Lo Buluk, Todd Blanchfield, Harry Morris (Development), Mason Peatling, Lachlan Olbrich, Sam Froling
Robinson/Johnson
Harvey/Grida/Hickey
Blanchfield/Swaka Lo Buluk
Import/Peatling
Froling/Olbrich

New Zealand Breakers
William McDowell-White, Alex McNaught (Development), Izayah Mauriohooho-Le'afa, Cameron Gliddon, Thomas Abercrombie, Daniel Fotu, Tom Vodanovich
McDowell-White/McNaught
Mauriohooho-Le’afa/Gliddon
/Abercrombie
/Vodanovich/Fotu
/

Melbourne United
Shea Ili, Flynn Cameron, Campbell Blogg (Development), Chris Goulding, Zac Triplett (Development), Tanner Krebs, Brad Newley, Luke Travers, Kyle Bowen, Ariel Hukporti (Next Star), Jo Lual-Acuil
Ili/Blogg
Goulding/Cameron/Triplett
/Krebs
Travers/Newley/Bowen
Lual-Acuil/Hukporti

South East Melbourne Phoenix
Owen Foxwell, Matt Kenyon, Reuben Te Rangi, Mitchell Creek, Rhys Vague, Alan Williams, Anzac Rissetto (Development), Gorjok Gak
/Foxwell
/Kenyon
/Te Rangi
Creek/Vague
Williams/Gak/Rissetto

Tasmania Jack Jumpers
Sean MacDonald, Kye Savage (Development), Milton Doyle, Tre Armstrong (Development), Walter Brown (Development), Anthony Drmic, Clint Steindl, Jack McVeigh, Jarred Bairstow, Fabijan Krslovic, Will Magnay
Import/MacDonald/Savage
Doyle/Armstrong
Drmic/Steindl/Brown
McVeigh/Bairstow
Magnay/Krslovic

Adelaide 36ers
Jason Cadee, Mitch McCarron, Sunday Dech, Nick Marshall, Antonius Cleveland, Alex Starling, Kyrin Galloway, Robert Franks, Isaac Humphries
Import/Cadee
McCarron/Dech
Cleveland/Marshall
Franks/Starling/Galloway
Humphries/

Perth Wildcats
Tai Webster, Kyle Zunic, Corey Webster, Bryce Cotton, Michael Harris (Development), Ben Henshall, Hyrum Harris, David Okwera, Jack Andrew (Development), Keanu Pinder,
Webster/Webster/Zunic
Cotton/Henshall/Harris
/
/Harris
Pinder/Okwera/Andrew

Reply #916730 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Dunkman,

Kuol may have re-signed but unless I missed it I don't think either the NBL or the club have announced it yet. Blanchfield has supposedly signed with Illawarra but as it hasn't been announced yet I left him as a FA, I only use official announcements.

Reply #916732 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Another great list thanks.
Can't see any of the guys from the top couple euro leagues returning unless they want to be home, to much money to be made in short careers.

Reply #916733 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last year

Heard Cairns 2nd import is a scoring/defensive guard

Reply #916885 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

do u believe its a starter or of the bench player

Reply #916886 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Barry Brown jnr signed at Levallois in France.

Reply #917361 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Apparently he might be playing this morning against Goulding. Breakers will be hoping he doesn't play too well and blow his asking price out!

Reply #917423 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Goulding side Paris got beaten into ninth, Brown scored twelve points in 26 minutes in a game they were never going to lose as number one draft pick playing there.

Reply #917443 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Adnam signed in Romania. Reasonable competition, he should do well there. Good luck to him.

Reply #919591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754