Rely
Last year

Pinder to the Cats

The Perth Wildcats are thrilled to announce the signing of exciting star forward Keanu Pinder on a two-year deal!

Bit surprised by this - was hearing rumours of Pinder and Hogg to Sydney, but alas

Topic #51014 | Report this topic

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth are also going to re-sign Tai Webster and sign Alex Ducas and Kyle Bowen.

Reply #915093 | Report this post

proud  
Last year

I know it's Andrew Vlahov’s birthday and all but I won’t be getting excited over this news UNTIL it is no longer April fools day

Reply #915094 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Reply #915095 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

April Fools? Or legit?

Reply #915096 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Pinder has confirmed on Twitter.

Reply #915097 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Bugger

Reply #915098 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Sucks for the Taipans but he was always going to get a serious bag after last season. The injuries are maybe a bit of a concern (as well as how Cairns played without him), but it's still a massive coup by the Cats I feel and probably has made the fans forget about Travers already.

Reply #915099 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Great get for Cats and didn't see it coming. Wonder if it was a factor in Travers looking elsewhere. Worried about minutes?

Reply #915100 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

This will sound hypocritical but I hate this.

Would've much rather him and Bul Kuol stay in Cairns

Reply #915101 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

How long is Rillie contract, maybe Forde sees a job there in a season or two and Pinder knows it.
Cairns will have money for other players now and Pinder missed a lot of the season and Cairns did fine.

Reply #915102 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

All I will say is "Travers who?"

Reply #915103 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Well done SEG.

Although Pinder being a Perth boy helps.

Reply #915105 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Best move SeG has made

Hopefully he cashed out and didn't take a home town discount.. Because he is a complimentary piece next to cotton..

What was the last athletic 4 or 5 cats have had.. Have to think cotton and pinder gonna feast in the PNR action

Dont mind brining manek back now to help spread floor'and if rumors are true that cats also have GAK

Then this off szn is already a W

If it was a choice on whether to. Pay Travers or Pinder..
. Cats made right choice

Agreed with @dunkman, I pinder must think at some stage forde comes back

Rillie still hasn't sold. Me

Reply #915106 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Last year

The signing of Pinder will help improve their rebounding and probably he will average more in scoring than Manek did so win win.

Reply #915107 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes cats have started strong, they still got think about the defensive end as well. They need a 3-4 who can play great D but also marshal the troops. Offensively Cotton, Pinder, the Websters will get it done. Cats just need Cotton to be a local for salary cap purposes.

Reply #915110 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Still suprised both sides agreed on a deal

For pinder immediate spotlight and target on his back because being a local kid / dad's history, I maybe he wants name remembered for positive reasons and building own legacy

Cats going for pinder based on dad's and media hate for dad is is also interstin

Guessin Travers bounced as he hears they were going for pinder or New ownership went into panic mode once Travers left in FA

Either way it's a win,is Justin Simon a poss as a wing player.. ( don't like his lack of offense, I but his defense would help)

Reply #915112 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Justin Simon offence is fine, he'd be a great fit, I’d still get a rebounding D four man as well.

Reply #915113 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Trying to make something out of nothing by dragging his dad into the equation IMO.
They went after him because they're low on local talent.

Sucks for Cairns, though they would be reassured by how well they played after losing him.

Reply #915114 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Last year

So a roster then...

Pinder / Gak (rumoured)
Import / Wagstaff / Okwera (rumoured)
Ducas (rumoured) / Bowen (rumoured)
Cotton / C.Webster
T.Webster (rumoured) / TBD

Assuming of course that Blanchfield, Norton and Zuni are all gone. Don't know how Tai fits on that team…

Reply #915116 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

If u know anythin about west media they have oubliczlly shxt all over this man as recently as a 7 part series just 12 months ago for clicks

Gathering up ex players coaches etc

To allan blacks c re dit he steered clear of the nonsense

the issues has been dead for decades.. And some jounro just tried to make a name for themselves

So credit to keanu for not shying from the dark kloud the media has tried to paint his family under, I and heading for the eye of the storm

Reply #915120 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

I love Pinder to Perth, bloody love it he brings so much to fill last seasons gaps. Gak 22 pts 15 rebounds for Tigers last night, should be his baseline stats in NBL1 but its good to see. Rillie in the crowd watching him intently too

Reply #915121 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Great pick up for the cats I love how this opens up the import situation for them

Reply #915125 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

Yeah they can find a defensive minded and athletic import like Simon. Lot more of these types of players available in the market at a decent price compared to needing a 5 man import.

Reply #915126 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Last year

Tough as a Taipans fan, but can respect his decision to return back home as well. Read somewhere that Bryce is soon/or has been naturalised already??? Could the Cats make a move for Kay? With Pinder at the 5?

Reply #915133 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Kay is unlikely mate. WithPinder it's probably now zero chance

Reply #915134 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Pinder should average 10 to 12 RPG next season since no one else rebounds on that team.

Reply #915135 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Didnt he already average that this year

He should be picking up that at minimum

Gonna enjoy seein cotton look at gettin to the rack and or lobbing to pinder, I rather then just relying on 3 ball

Why do i feel wildcats will sign cottons best mate as the 3 since he should be cheap

Reply #915136 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Pinder was second in rebounding last season at 9.3 rpg, Alan Williams was the league leader at 9.9 rpg.

The Wildcats top rebounder last season was TaShawn Thomas at 6.1 rpg, 13th overall.

Reply #915137 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Read somewhere that Bryce is soon/or has been naturalised already???

Where?

Reply #915138 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Why do i feel wildcats will sign cottons best mate as the 3 since he should be cheap

because SEG are in charge.

This is an extremely good start but it's only the beginning, hopefully they don't cheap out.

Reply #915139 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Mason Peatling is one guy to keep an eye for. Olgun also mentioned it . He will help the Cats rebounding.

Reply #915141 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

Yeah LT is looking for a 400k contract! good luck to whoever will pay that!

Reply #915142 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

We Baaaaack....

Am i bein greedy hopin we get WmW

Either way have to think we in a prime position to fill out the roster If we can get rid of some of the dead weight

Blanchfield
wagstaff
Majok

Norton ( wouldn't be mad if we kept him)

Reply #915143 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

As a non Wildcats fan, I've never understood the ownership hate,

Are they just an easy target?

Since they took over I'm sure they havent been perfect but havent sounded terrible from a far either

On the leaked salary cap figures the Wildcats spent the most from memory, so they have resourced the club adequately

Trevor Gleeson left for the NBA, not the fault of SEG who wanted to keep him.

Many of the players other than Cotton who were on the championship teams have either gotten old and less productive or retired or in the case of Kay gone to Japan for bigger money than any NBL team pays, so again not SEG fault.

Coaching hires, well Morrison had a decent resume and was a similar path taken to the Kings in hiring Weaver/Buford and went 16-12, so whilst they missed the playoffs he didnt seem like a disaster, but wasnt perfect in how he related to the fans and Aussie culture, but that doesnt seem to be the fault of SEG.

Rillie, was a bigger risk, but knew the NBL, pulled together a 15-13 season after a slow start, and seems to be putting together a decent roster this off season if some of the talk pans out.

Since SEG taking over they are 31-25 win loss record, which isnt amazing but not terrible, would be around the top 5 in the NBL over the past 2 seasons. For example Adelaide are 23-33 in the same time period.

Just interested as to why the blame and hate on ownership, they havent been perfect im sure, but far from the worse in the NBL at the same time.

Reply #915145 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Anyone suprised Travers left, but didn't watch games for this past year, he got benched multiple times and was a after thought in some games, win with rillie

If they paid Pinder what Travers wanted.. That's a great day decision

Reply #915146 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

If Anyone is suprised Travers left, they didn't watch games for this past year, he got benched multiple times and was a after thought in some games, win with rillie

If they paid Pinder what Travers wanted.. That's a great day decision

Reply #915147 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Travers had some very good games, he might not get 400k but close to that package in a quality euro team. His game is probably suited to that as well, structure but with freedom as well. At his age the door could open to even the big euro clubs after a good season and 400k will be small change.

Reply #915148 | Report this post

Pat Bev  
Last year

Pinder is also tearin' it up in the Spanish league the past 2 games- but he is playing for the bottom team

Reply #915153 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

As a non Wildcats fan, I've never understood the ownership hate,

It's always one poster and he bangs on about it ad nauseam, just ignore.

The Wildcats were always going to need to go through a process of a few down years once the Knight's, Martin's and all that retired. Wouldn't have made a jot difference who the owners were.

Okay ScoMo didn't work out as the new coach but it was always going to be hard once Gleeson left. They seemed to realise pretty quickly they made a mistake hiring him and turned that into Rillie who was highly touted after a decade coaching in the NCAA. Sure he's got to find his footing but he did alright with that roster last season.

Cotton, Pinder, C. Webster that's a real nice nucleus to build around, not sure about T. Webster but if he has to be there to keep Corey happy and playing well so be it. If I were a Wildcats fan I would be pretty happy with how this all starting to pan out and who knows how good a coach Rillie will really become.

Reply #915155 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Pinder offensively is doing great in Spain, his plus- minus has been horrible, last game worst in team.

Reply #915158 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Am i bein greedy hopin we get WmW

No, as we've gone without the last two seasons.

The worry now is the imports haven't exactly been premium under current ownership.

Reply #915160 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

If we kan get WmW.. Im kool with the imports only bein average to manek or tayshawn level

Reply #915163 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I don't see why WMW would leave NZB though?

Reply #915164 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Okay ScoMo didn't work out as the new coach but it was always going to be hard once Gleeson left. They seemed to realise pretty quickly they made a mistake hiring him
if his son's medical issues hadn't forced him to return home he would still be coaching the team now.

Reply #915165 | Report this post

proud  
Last year

There had been talk on here about Daniel Johnson playing for Perth (imagine the Websters and DJ on D eek) but with this signing I just can't see that signing happening anymore even if he would help stretch the floor and with rebounding and with getting to the free throw line (would help Cotton’s game even more).

I hope Wildcats sign Gak and Peatling instead of Brandt too

Reply #915166 | Report this post

Ratty Mussell  
Last year

Gak's defense is very ordinary. I wouldn't be to upset if he didn't sign.

Reply #915171 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

I think cats will over compensate and go for a athletic big like Gak, I who can block, I run get rebounds and dunk

They have been criticized that they are slow and old.. Id be shocked if he didn't find a spot on the squad.. Especially playin at willeton

Reply #915172 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Definitely seems likely that nurse is getting axed from Toronto, which generally means all the assistants go as well. So where will Trevor end up?

Reply #915206 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Is there any vacancies? My guess is Trev if he gets canned will sit a year out and wait for Rillie to fail again?

Reply #915212 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

I'm sure there will be college opportunities if he wants to stay over there

Reply #915235 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Last year

Can someone please post the Travers article from the West Australian today?

Reply #915236 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Daamn.. Don't particularly like the signin.. Haven't seen much to like.. Cept. For the game he showed out against perth lady year

But we signed okwera as well.. Good to see mgmt and the FI locking in, but and workin hard this off szn

Reply #915309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:50 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754