Zodiac
Last year

Xavier Cooks NBA Form

I was pleased to read Xavier Cooks had a good game in the Wizards final game of the season against Houston, he started and played 35 minutes and had a double-double with 10p, 14r, 2b, 2s. Cooks also had a 10p, 9r game against Miami over the weekend too.

Jock Landale started for the Suns against the Clippers and had 15p, 8r in 21 minutes, Jack White played his first game for Denver in a month and had 2p, 8r in 15 min against Sacramento and former Next Star Ousmane Dieng had 22p, 9a, 8r in a game for OKC.

https://nbl.com.au/news/cooks-doubles-down

I know it's garbage time at the end of a long NBA season but I'm a bit surprised Cooks was adjusting that quickly to the NBA game.

Topic #51031 | Report this topic

Sebastian  
Last year

Every Spud started the last game of the NBA season. Mac McClung had a big day for Philli. Means nothing.

Reply #915583 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Tank day

Reply #915584 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

He's looked good. Hopefully carries the momentum through the offseason.

Reply #915585 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good luck to him. You can only play what is in front of you and he did good. Next season will be the true test but it also shows nba has a lot average players that get well overpaid.

Reply #915587 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

The last couple of days of the season are often pretty wild, but can be a good opportunity for a player to show he's not completely out of depth, both to teams and to themselves.

Patty Mills scored 61 points in the last two games of 2011-12 after scoring only 100 points for the whole season before that. He was seen as a fringe guy before that but I think that confidence he got from showing out there helped him believe he really deserved to be there - and importantly put in the work - and has had a great career since.

Good luck to Cooks and hopefully he can roll this on.

Reply #915604 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

I found it a bit poetic how in the Boomers thread people were talking about how Boban would shut Cooks down, but in the last game he had 10 and 14 against him while playing centre.

These games are little more indicative than Summer League games but he's on an NBA floor and he's making the most of it, and doing his prospects no harm.

Reply #915613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 pm, Sun 5 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754