Perthworld
Last year

Australia to host NHL preseason games

The NHL will appear in Australia for the first time when the Arizona Coyotes and Los Angeles Kings play preseason games in the 2023 NHL Global Series -- Melbourne on Sept. 23 and 24.

The Coyotes and Kings will skate inside Rod Laver Arena, home of the Australian Open tennis tournament, on a rink the NHL will construct with many of the same parts used for outdoor games. The retractable roof will remain closed.

MLB, NFL and now the NHL reach our shores.

Where art thou in Australia, NBA?

Topic #51054 | Report this topic

hoopie  
Last year

The NBA doesn't need to grow a Aussie market from a low base like the others do.

Reply #916077 | Report this post

WC95  
Last year

Yeah the NBA is already big enough here that they don't need to bother coming to Australia. Can see why the NHL, MLB, NFL want to grow its brand here as these are major global leagues playing minority sports here. What gets me is that the EPL will come here and play games and that's way bigger than the NBA is here. Though I think they come here to play infront of legit local and expat fans, rather than a need to promote themselves.

Reply #916079 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I felt like calling them out even though it's obvious why they don't need to come out here because it still sucks.

Reply #916100 | Report this post

WC95  
Last year

Thats fair enough Perthwoorld. I think the NBA has major tickets on itself. It has some big problems that's causing fans to lose interest and its not doing an awful lot to fix this.

I'd be calling them out as much as possible too, for any reason.

Reply #916122 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Yes, their players are downright petulant children enabled by the cult of stardom that Americans practice.

In saying that grumble grumble NBA won't come to Australia.

Reply #916261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754