LoveBroker
Last year

Nick Nurse fired. Can Sixers please call Gleeson?

I'm in Canada at the moment and Nick Nurse being let go is quite the news after what supporters deemed a failed season.

This is less about NN but more about Gleeson.

Can the Sixers please get a decent coach?

At least call him and see if he is interested.

NN looks to be a front runner for Houston job, maybe this will be in vain and Gleeson follows.

Topic #51063 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

While Gleeson has a wonderful record and any club would be happy to have him, he did take over a side that was nicely setup by Bevo, a lot pieces were in place. That is not the case at Adelaide.
I could see him taking a season away and probably picking where he wants to go, Buford contract would be over and Sydney pay, obviously Buford would not request a new contract. SEM spend as well, Kelly fails there is another option.

Reply #916344 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Agreed, he'll probably be watching the Perth situation this season. Unless Rillie makes the grand final series I can see both sides being mutually interested big time.

Reply #916345 | Report this post

orbit  
Last year

Hey dunkman he won 5 chips. Cmon man...

Reply #916355 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I said he was wonderful, you don't win championships with out the cattle though and yes his record is tops.

Reply #916362 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

While Gleeson has a wonderful record and any club would be happy to have him, he did take over a side that was nicely setup by Bevo, a lot pieces were in place.

Bevo's contribution can't be stressed enough.

Gleeson failed in Melbourne because the players undermined his authority.

However with Townsville he benched Homicide during a crucial away semi final game in an an epic powermove which was the first sign he wasn't the type to take any prisoners.

So it has been a mixed bag but one thing is for sure Gleeson certainly has conviction and won't pussyfoot around an issue like CJ.

Reply #916380 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Gleeson knew how to get the best out of players like Norton and Blanchfield, it also helped that Cotton loved him as well. When the star player completely supports the coach, it really sets the tone.

Nurse is very likely to get another gig, interesting to see if he takes Gleeson with him.

Reply #916398 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Udoka got the gig in Houston, but Nurse will end up somewhere im sure.

Reply #916518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754