djmenow
Last year

Alexandre Sarr Joins Wildcats As Next Star

Good signing IMO

https://www.wildcats.com.au/news/french-sensation-alexandre-sarr-joins-the-perth-wildcats

French teenage sensation, Alexandre Sarr, has signed with the Perth Wildcats for the 2023/24 NBL season as part of the Next Stars program.

The 7-footer is a mouth-watering prospect for NBA teams, possessing an exciting blend of size, length, athleticism, and versatility.

Currently the projected 17th pick in ESPN's 2024 NBA mock Draft, the 18-year-old has the potential to rocket up the order with strong performances in the NBL.

Topic #51094 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Last year

Not sure which move is less traditionally "Wildcatsy", playing offense-first/only rotation guys over gritty, defense-first vets, or signing a next star.

Reply #917126 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Last year

Very non-Wildcatsy, will be very interesting...

Reply #917127 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes, it's a total different direction, could be very exciting if they get it all together, probably still need a defensive key.

Reply #917128 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Different era now, they do change.

At one point we were run and gun under Cal.

Reply #917131 | Report this post

Gazee  
Last year

This is a great get for the wildcats look forward to watching him when they travel to Adelaide , French are producing some great talent over last 3-5 years will be a solid challenge to us and others in World Cup and Olympics basketball going forward

Reply #917135 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Yeah, I wasn't implying it was a bad thing BTW (Wildcats were clearly better when they embraced 'Rillie ball' last season), just another step away from the most recent Wildcats juggernaut.

Reply #917160 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I'm looking forward to it as we've been defence-oriented for a very long time.

Reply #917163 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Defence still wins big games, cats still missing a piece.

Reply #917166 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

They're missing a piece but already made massive improvements from last year.

Hyrum Harris, David Okwera, Keanu Pinder, Alex Sarr are all above average/great defenders which is good.

But I agree they need one more piece, specifically a wing defender, because I don't want the Websters/Cotton guarding the best guards/wings in the league each game.

Reply #917167 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Defznce and shootin is still a weakness

Sorry both Websters are inconsistent and I'm. Not banking on a 36 year old to bail us out like last year

Tais shot fell off a cliff last year

While I like the idea of Simon as someone to bring in for defensive reasons.. I think you need a import who kan bring it on both ends..

People are forgetting we have pinder as a low post presence.. If they bring in Delaney or wetzell

You'd want another shooter to spread the floor

Just Simon doesn't do that and lane will be clogged

Reply #917173 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Tai is a dodgy outside shooter, but Corey? Come on dude, get real.

Reply #917175 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Corey is definitely a streaky outside shooter - more of a scorer than a shooter.

Reply #917177 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Dude if you don't count Corey Webster as a good shooter then there's probably only about 5-10 good shooters in the NBL. He is absolutely a good shooter.

Also shooting isn't everything. Look at SEM last year. No above average shooters except for Broekfhoff who missed half the year, and they were still 3rd best offensive team in the league behind Perth and Sydney.

Reply #917204 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

That was on the back of their offensive rebounding and ability to draw fouls. I reckon they would have taken a few less o-boards for a few more triples though!

Reply #917205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754