Isaac
Last year

Ayton out, Landale starting Game 6

With Ayton out for the Suns, Jock Landale is starting against Jokic and Denver today. Nuggets are up 3-2 in the series.

Landale has played well in bursts off the bench, and now gets the chance for a bigger challenge under pressure...

Topic #51097 | Report this topic

Gus3232  
Last year

And doing an outstanding job early too....

Reply #917219 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Down by alot half way.

Reply #917224 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I know plus-minus isn't everything but they better play Landale more, plus two when on the floor.

Reply #917225 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

He was doing well, but the the Nuggets have been on some other level. Don't know if it would have made any difference who was at centre there.

KD been brutal, Booker not a lot better.

Reply #917226 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Phoenix offseason need to get CP3 off the team and trade Ayton, not going anywhere with CP3 he cant put a full playoffs together.

Reply #917227 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Yeah Ayton's value surely isnt what it was, but it clear he's not what this team needs. Another team might look at Ayton's ability to score inside favourably, but the Suns need someone cheaper (firstly) and more of a rim runner and rim protector.

Not sure they can get anything for Paul at this point. Paid way too much so they'll likely have to give up assets to get rid of him.

Reply #917229 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Landale looking really good out there, especially considering his height and weight disadvantage guarding Jokic

Reply #917230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Landale +9 in 17 minutes, hasn't missed a shot.
Biyombo -26 in 8 minutes!

Reply #917231 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Cram I think they will give up assets for short term gain, they got KD so need to make some win now moves

Reply #917232 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

2nd year in a row Phoenix season ends with a blow out at home.

There will be repercussions you would assume.

Their payroll situation is ugly. Would anyone want Ayton's $100mil + contract over the next 3 years? Big money for someone who's never made an All-Star on all-anything team and carried a bad attitude.

Paul is 38, KD turning 35. Next season absolute last roll of the dice before they rebuild?

Reply #917233 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Someone will take Ayton. He's still young, though I agree I can't see him being part of a really good team. Maybe the Blazers?

Charlotte would almost certainly take him and should be far enough under the cap to not need to match exactly. Maybe for Rozier? Scary Terry could then be in a role closer to what he had in Boston as the third playmaker and good defender who can occasionally take over.

Reply #917236 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

What better punishment than to send him to the Hornets, I like it.

Reply #917237 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Whats your guys take on Ayton? Is he legit injured with hurt rib or another 'its internal' thing?

Have been seeing clips ripping Ayton for being checked out but these clips are picked and can mean anything.

His beef last year was not given a big extension, now he has the bag what else is there?

He is obviously talented but if there is an attitude issue, then its time to go.

Some of this is on Coach Monty too, if the Bucks coach can get the boot, so can he.

Reply #917238 | Report this post

TR  
Last year

The Hornets won't need Ayton once they have drafted Wemby.

Praying hard to the draft gods for some luck.

Likely result is that the Hornets will drop to 7th.

Reply #917240 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Hornets already have mark Williams, don't want an over paid ayton.

Wemby would be pf

Reply #917244 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

As I previously noted, plus , minus can be deceiving in close contests and small margins but at plus 9 and minus 26 it's clearly telling me Landale was underplayed, coaches normally love this stat but ignore it when it doesn’t suit them.

Suns like Fremantle dockers will never win anything, it’s in their genes.

Reply #917245 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Last year

Ayton trade to Indiana for Miles Turner would be good for both sides.

Reply #917301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754